• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IrishSon of Liberty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Looks as though I'm the only Penn fan on here, or at least the only one willing to admit it!

I've always liked Baby Jay. Granted, his marketing campaign is terrible, and I understand that he comes across as an arrogant SOB, but how can you argue with his training and skills. The man is amazing.

Eventually, maybe, someday, there will be another GSP meeting, but I don't see it in the near future. That French pea-soup eater isn't willing to compromise or change weight class, so why should BJ pack on the weight again and allow HGH to stay where he's at, in prime fighting condition? That's just a dumb business decision.

All for not, 107 was a great night of fights.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Looks as though I'm the only Penn fan on here, or at least the only one willing to admit it!

I've always liked Baby Jay. Granted, his marketing campaign is terrible, and I understand that he comes across as an arrogant SOB, but how can you argue with his training and skills. The man is amazing.

Eventually, maybe, someday, there will be another GSP meeting, but I don't see it in the near future. That French pea-soup eater isn't willing to compromise or change weight class, so why should BJ pack on the weight again and allow HGH to stay where he's at, in prime fighting condition? That's just a dumb business decision.

All for not, 107 was a great night of fights.

If BJ shouldn't have to compromise his weight class, why should GSP? I say let them both stay where they are. There are plenty of fighters in both weight classes.

IrishSon of Liberty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    If BJ shouldn't have to compromise his weight class, why should GSP? I say let them both stay where they are. There are plenty of fighters in both weight classes.

I don't disagree with that statement at all. BJ's been at 155 for a very long time, and from what I've been reading, GSP is walking around at 200 and looking to go 185. At this point, they're going in different directions.

Even if BJ moves to 170, there's plenty of talent for him to face prior to meeting up with GSP again. Any of the guys from AKA would be good, and Mike Pierce was very impressive last night as well.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I don't disagree with that statement at all. BJ's been at 155 for a very long time, and from what I've been reading, GSP is walking around at 200 and looking to go 185. At this point, they're going in different directions.

Even if BJ moves to 170, there's plenty of talent for him to face prior to meeting up with GSP again. Any of the guys from AKA would be good, and Mike Pierce was very impressive last night as well.

Fo sho.

I hate how he has just gotten two immediate title shots, despite his less than desirable record at WW.

I'm not a fan of BJ, but I'll never deny his skills...You'd have to be a moron to not see how gifted he is...But GSP is just too much for him.

Has anyone seen the video floating around of BJ putting his leg(s) behind his head without using his hands?

Top Bottom