• ...and so much more!
  • oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    The Golden Goose, while it lasts. They've priced me out of their products. And I'm not poor. Bet there's lots of others just like me.

I hear ya. I wouldn't say that they've priced me out of their products, but the increase in cost combined with their attitude of entitlement has inclined me elsewhere.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That is over the 4.5 year life of the contract, so it isn't really that crazy.
    Also, it puts them close to where they'd be if they hadn't conceded the COLA raises. The real question is, is that labor worth that wage? In absolute terms, I'd say not. There are a lot of general labor jobs, even union jobs, that aren't any less hard or complicated, that may a ****ton less. It is apparently worth it to the company in the long run, though and that's the thing that matters in terms of value.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    If the government repeatedly does bail-outs for the union auto industry do the companies themselves have much incentive to hold the line in contact negotiations beyond the next corporate earnings?

Other question:

If the unions repeatedly renegotiate contracts when the economy blows up do the companies themselves have much incentive to hold the line in contact negotiations beyond the next corporate earnings?

I am not seeing much risk in the companies giving in on the contract negotiations as there seems little risk in the corporate suite…

It is apparently worth it to the company in the long run, though and that's the thing that matters in terms of value.

Is it worth it, in terms of business 101 or because they know they have a free insurance policy of government bailouts and concessions if it blows up?

Top Bottom