• oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    40U4zEy.jpg

No UAW employees hired after 2007/2008 get pensions either. The ladder was once again pulled up by the boomers. Also I would hardly call 15% a large number by any means, it is 2023 not 1990 anymore.
    ****ing boomers. :rolleyes:

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Yup. As if the cost of a new vehicle wasn't already out of reach for the average income earning American, it will be even more so now.
    Autoworkers haven't had a raise in 15 years and the price of new trucks has almost doubled in those 15 years.
    Labor is a very small part of the price of a new vehicle.
    Prices have went up over 15 years and will continue to go up with or without the new contract but I guess we can blame the workers who have no control over the prices and have to pay the same as everyone else.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Autoworkers haven't had a raise in 15 years and the price of new trucks has almost doubled in those 15 years.
    Prices have went up over 15 years and will continue to go up with or without the new contract but I guess we can blame the workers who have no control over the prices and have to pay the same as everyone else.
    While the first part of that may be true, the rest is just silly. If you think raising costs to produce isn't going to increase in sales cost increases I have some ocean front property for sale for you.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    While the first part of that may be true, the rest is just silly. If you think raising costs to produce isn't going to increase in sales cost increases I have some ocean front property for sale for you.
    I never said costs aren't going up.
    In fact I said that cost will continue to go up as they have for the last 15 years and before.
    While I would love some ocean front property I would never buy it from you. You already rage quit this thread what 2 or 3 times and yet here you are having to get the last word again.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    What isn't true? Prices will go up with or without the contract, you disagree with that?

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    What isn't true? Prices will go up with or without the contract, you disagree with that?
    To believe that an increase in labor cost will not affect selling price is a fallacy. IT will. How much? Time will tell. I swear some people think money just magically comes from rich people or something.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    To believe that an increase in labor cost will not affect selling price is a fallacy. IT will. How much? Time will tell. I swear some people think money just magically comes from rich people or something.
    I agree but that is not what he said.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I agree but that is not what he said.
    This is what was said:
    but I guess we can blame the workers who have no control over the prices and have to pay the same as everyone else.
    That is sarcasm. Sarcasm intimating that they will not have an affect on the increased costs. But I guess because it's snark and sarcasm it's ok? Are we supposed to just ignore these snide comments that were a passive aggressive way to jab at people we disagree with?

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    No, your snark and attitude alluded to the notion that it won't affect costs. And if you have nothing better to do than personal attacks, I suggest taking it elsewhere.
    Once again I NEVER said that it won't affect costs.
    Personal attacks? Coming from you that is hilarious.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    That is sarcasm. Sarcasm intimating that they will not have an affect on the increased costs. But I guess because it's snark and sarcasm it's ok? Are we supposed to just ignore these snide comments that were a passive aggressive way to jab at people we disagree with?
    NO it wasn't sarcasm.
    I responded to someone complaining about parts price increases. He actually kind of blamed Biden but I was trying to make a point that prices have went up anyway and that UAW workers don't have any say on prices and when they buy autos or parts they pay more as everyone else does.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    This is what was said:

Let him who is without sin...

He did not say what you interpreted.

My interpretation was that you can not lay the blame for cost increases solely at the feet of labor. Given no raises over the last 10-15 years or so and comparing that to vehicle cost should make it an easily reputable point. Several posting here have insinuated the cost of vehicles will be sky high because of the strike. Unaffordable. Time will tell.

Based on your posts you run a business.

Do you have any long term employees? Have they worked 10 years without a raise? How long should a person go eithout a raise because the product price will go up?

Ford agreed to a new contract, tentatively, so Ford determined the labor force was worth it vs alternatives. So they must believe the contract us economically viable

And yes. You should ignore them. Better for your mental health. Better for anyone.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Let him who is without sin...

He did not say what you interpreted.

My interpretation was that you can not lay the blame for cost increases solely at the feet of labor. Given no raises over the last 10-15 years or so and comparing that to vehicle cost should make it an easily reputable point. Several posting here have insinuated the cost of vehicles will be sky high because of the strike. Unaffordable. Time will tell.

Based on your posts you run a business.

Do you have any long term employees? Have they worked 10 years without a raise? How long should a person go eithout a raise because the product price will go up?

Ford agreed to a new contract, tentatively, so Ford determined the labor force was worth it vs alternatives. So they must believe the contract us economically viable

And yes. You should ignore them. Better for your mental health. Better for anyone.
    I am no boss. I am merely a peon putting in my last 8 years of needed work to enjoy the promised land.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    This is what was said:

Ahhhh, more dramatic irony.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    They do not pay the same as everyone else, they get a discount of 1% below what the dealership pays for the vehicle. Then the dealership is reimbursed for that price difference. At least at Stellantis.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    They do not pay the same as everyone else, they get a discount of 1% below what the dealership pays for the vehicle. Then the dealership is reimbursed for that price difference. At least at Stellantis.
    And when MSRP goes up our cost goes up same as everyone else.

Top Bottom