• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Wait, did I miss the homeschooling pic part of the thread?

frabz-HOMESCHOOLING-What-my-Family-thinks-I-do-What-Public-Schools-thi-1cc744.jpg

Last edited:

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Indeed. My question is whether CNTE's underlying concern is the evals or the loss of power?

Protesters say the reform relies too heavily on tests

Huh. I figured Ingotarians would oppose federal reach into state and local education. Go figure.

Please provide a source for the person who advocated federal reach into state and local education. I won't hold my breath.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Sure, Steve.

The anti-society movement, the idea that you live in a bubble, solipsism, is so strong in some individuals that the Mexican government advocating federal standards is used as a "why don't teachers want to be responsible" moment. Apparently this is an okay case to prove a point in Mexico - to trash teachers - but when federal standards are introduced in the USA it is a grave infraction against "parents rights". It is an inconsistency. 88GT wished to frame teachers as an enemy. What follow is the muppet response of superiority. The facts show that federal mandates on local education are being pursued. The locals don't want federal mandates. If you are against the union, you are against local control of education. It isn't a difficult scenario.

We get it. Homeshcoolerrs are somehow superior. We've been told so many times by both you and 88GT. This is a Rambone thread. Thrash others and claim a superior position. The only thing missing is the usual reference to Detroit as the norm. Bully away, but don't act surprised when you meet push-back. Folks grow tired of the radical propisition that women can't vote and all public schools should be closed...and the Constitution of Indiana be amended.

Last edited:

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    The facts show that federal mandates on local education are being pursued. The locals don't want federal mandates. If you are against the union, you are against local control of education. It isn't a difficult scenario.

This is B.S. I am completely ignorant of the political system in Mexico, and I did not comment on it. Nowhere in this article did I read any protests against 'federal overreach'.

If the federal government is intruding on local governments, and that is their complaint, then I will join them on it. So far they're just complaining about accountability.

Federal overreach is not issue being argued here.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    This is B.S. I am completely ignorant of the political system in Mexico, and I did not comment on it. Nowhere in this article did I read any protests against 'federal overreach'.

If the federal government is intruding on local governments, and that is their complaint, then I will join them on it. So far they're just complaining about accountability.

A common problem. You don't understand the details of the situation at hand. Federal reach is the issue at hand. Your problem is that you are a garden variety sycophant, ready to attach to any idea that you view as anti-government ant pro-88GT. Think for yourself. Examine the issue. Surely you don't agree with federal standards on local education. Like I said, this is an ego thread. 88GT has an agenda. Facts don't matter in furthering that agenda. Siding with the Mexican federal government, apparently, isn't out of bounds.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Sure, Steve.

The anti-society movement, the idea that you live in a bubble, solipsism, is so strong in some individuals that the Mexican government advocating federal standards is used as a "why don't teachers want to be responsible" moment. Apparently this is an okay case to prove a point in Mexico - to trash teachers - but when federal standards are introduced in the USA it is a grave infraction against "parents rights". It is an inconsistency. 88GT wished to frame teachers as an enemy. What follow is the muppet response of superiority. The facts show that federal mandates on local education are being pursued. The locals don't want federal mandates. If you are against the union, you are against local control of education. It isn't a difficult scenario.

We get it. Homeshcoolerrs are somehow superior. We've been told so many times by both you and 88GT. This is a Rambone thread. Thrash others and claim a superior position. The only thing missing is the usual reference to Detroit as the norm. Bully away, but don't act surprised when you meet push-back. Folks grow tired of the radical propisition that women can't vote and all public schools should be closed...and the Constitution of Indiana be amended.

Solipsi..what?

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009

Like I said, you have a problem with digesting data. I'm not the first to note this.

By all means, keep pumping your message board hero. We are still allowed the free exchange of ideas.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    A common problem. You don't understand the details of the situation at hand. Federal reach is the issue at hand. Your problem is that you are a garden variety sycophant, ready to attach to any idea that you view as anti-government ant pro-88GT. Think for yourself. Examine the issue. Surely you don't agree with federal standards on local education. Like I said, this is an ego thread. 88GT has an agenda. Facts don't matter in furthering that agenda. Siding with the Mexican federal government, apparently, isn't out of bounds.

Why is federal reach the 'issue at hand'? Was it brought up anywhere in this article? Has it been mentioned by the unions? Has anyone in this thread even discussed it until you brought it up? Yes, I am firmly against federal government over-reach. But that is not what this thread is about.

This thread was presented as evidence that teachers unions are against standards and accountability. This appears to be true. They are not protesting the federal over-reach, they are protesting accountability. You are welcome to prove me wrong. Please present some evidence contrary to this article, showing that the union's actual complaint is not the standards themselves, but the fact that the standards are federally instituted. If that is the case, and you can prove to me that these unions would gladly accept standards and accountability at the state level, then I judged them wrong.

And I am still waiting for you to provide a single quote where anyone in this thread has ever sided with federal over-reach. Analyzing the response of a teacher's union to federal mandates is not the same as 'siding' with federal mandates. It is simply an analysis of the similar mindsets that seem to prevail in the world of public education.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    Mexico City paralyzed by teachers' protests - Yahoo! Finance

I hope Arne Duncan doesn't read Yahoo! News.

But could someone please explain to me why it is that educators are so averse to being evaluated. I thought it was a uniquely American thing, but apparently not.

American teachers aren't opposed to being evaluated, they are evaluated all the time. They are opposed to having their pay attached to parents' inabilities to make sure their children can do their homework, or study, or eat, or show up. I don't understand why people perseverate on this, they're wrong.

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    One of my wife students was kicked out of school because the family would not show a bill or something that showed where they lived. When he came back he had been out for a month, why should she lose pay or be let go because his test score went down? How would you handle a kid who pooped in his undies and put them his locker, I'm not going to tell you tell you what my wife did.

Why would a 4th grade teacher need CPI training? If you don't know what it is look it up.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    American teachers aren't opposed to being evaluated, they are evaluated all the time. They are opposed to having their pay attached to parents' inabilities to make sure their children can do their homework, or study, or eat, or show up. I don't understand why people perseverate on this, they're wrong.

The goal of the author is the closure of every public school. Somewhere in that "circle jerk" philosophy the 19th amendment is repealed. And public schools are closed. And Obama is a Kenyan. And vaccines are a conspiracy. You get the picture.

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    L11 chill out.

Everybody knows that all the rich people send their kids to public school because they are so great.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    The goal of the author is the closure of every public school. Somewhere in that "circle jerk" philosophy the 19th amendment is repealed. And public schools are closed. And Obama is a Kenyan. And vaccines are a conspiracy. You get the picture.

Taking this thread a little personal, are we?

Don't worry. Public schools aren't going anywhere. The indoctrination will not end any time soon.

Top Bottom