• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    Does anyone have two of the same gun? If you love the gun you have now I wonder if it makes sense to have a back up in the safe. Prices are only going up as well.

Just curious on hearing from those who do have multiples and why you decided to go that route.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I have a couple extra Makarovs and CZ-82's cause they're cool as bow ties. I kind of want another full sized M&P9 to dedicate as a bedside gun.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    If you definitely like the gun then buy another one. As the spec ops guys say - two is one - one is none. And cuz spare parts. Spare parts is good. If you have two of them then you can most probably keep one running for a long time.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    It's pretty common to buy multiples of what you like. Don't keep them all in one place though. If your house burns down or is ransacked by govt thugs, that collection of identical Glocks will all disappear at once.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I'm down to my last 4 Makarovs:cool:

Understood kindred spirit. Not that long ago I realized I had four CZ-82's and four SKS's. I figured what a perfect combo to arm a novice neighbor or family member when the zombies arose. Now I know better.

I mean the zombies will still rise but why should I arm the foolspsyko

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Yup. Years of being married to a woman who likes to shoot and LOVES to compete and beat all the guys (including me) quickly teaches you that any gun you are looking at to buy (and all the ammo to feed it) is times 2. But I'm not complaining because as Tom Cruise says in Oblivion - "we're an EFFECTIVE team"...... And boy do I feel sorry for any guy who messes with her. She's NOT going to just shoot at you - she's going to put you down hard and fast and they will never see it coming. I would pay to watch that.

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Just curious on hearing from those who do have multiples and why you decided to go that route.

Find the gun you like and buy multiple copies.

Guns break. Just because you have A gun, does not mean your gun shall always run. The space shuttle went up like a bottle rocket, twice, your simplistic piece of steel and plastic will fail too.

Someone may take your gun (the police). Have another.

Guns are mechanical devices, they need maintenance, have spares while one is in the shop.

Fires. Have a copy off your property at relative (that you trust) or buddy's place.

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    Ive got 2 identically set up Glock 34s. Years ago I was shooting a lot of matches and it made sense to have a back up, I came across a buddy selling his stuff off to get out of the game and he sold it too me way too cheap to justify letting it get away. Ive got a soft spot for S&W K frames and had 7 at one point, think Im down to 5 now.

I had a buddy that had a problem with Remington 1100s and at one point had 12 of them, all set up slightly different.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I'm a huge fan of variety, but I do have one gun, a S&W NM 66 Combat Magnum, that I have in duplicate. They are setup nearly identically, other than my primary 66 has a Hi-Viz fiber optic front sight. The spare may eventually get the same treatment, but otherwise, they are twins.

Who knows if this NM 66 will ever go up in value the way older S&W revolvers have, but I don't see them come up often in my LGS haunts. Couldn't resist having a spare when I lucked across a flawless NIB specimen at PSS.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom