• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    The law comes knocking and says they have an order to remove essentials for the common good.

This is a list of the things they want:

• your working car
    • extra fuel and propane
    • use of your tractor and implements for projects
    • your generator
    • most of your food
    • tell you your lifestock must be used for the common good to feed the hungry right now
    • extra ammo-they say 100 rounds per gun is enough
    No compensation other than you can get your food and water from the town at the feeding stations.

What do you do?

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    um i tell them thats a direct violation of the indiana constitution and then it may get ugly, depending on their immediate actions. If they leave, you can believe i wont be there when they return.

if they came and took things while i was not there ...... well thats why i never keep all my eggs in one basket, but i can sure put on a good "show" for them to think they got something good. lol

edit: this can be a hard question to answer completely without a letter agency trying to say your conspiring, lol

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    oh, you said 2 months into a LONG TERM event.

well they wouldnt know where i was. i would already be at my bug out location, no one will know im there and if they find me, they will have the option to join or be forever silenced, period.

i think you also have to ask yourself... who will be "the law" at that point? if its gonna be long term then people wont wait for the government to step in or show up. they will make their own system of law. 2 months in a SHTF scenario is like 9 - 12 months of regular life, so things will have moved fast by that point

Kuting

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    MSG2 - Frankfort
    2 months into a long term situation anyone with a badge is attempting to use it to their own advantage. The "greater good" no longer exists at this point unless organized by towns and neighborhood groups.

Badge or uniform aside, your main priority should be your own health and safety along with your family. Assume this for everyone else out there. Anyone not wanting to set up on your land and help turn it into a productive community, but just demanding supplies is threatening your life. This threat should be met with force, because a simple "no" or a warning could lead to a larger force attempting to take these items by any means necessary. I'm not saying that any and all people should be shot on sight, but anyone who attempts to rip your food or protection away is an attacker.

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    The law comes knocking and says they have an order to remove essentials for the common good.

• your working car
    • extra fuel and propane
    • your generator
    • most of your food
    • tell you your lifestock must be used for the common good to feed the hungry right now
    No compensation other than you can get your food and water from the town at the feeding stations.

What do you do?

Um, I am definitely going to need to see a copy of that order.

Who signed it? (Peter Pan, Monty Python, Or the Governor of the State of Indiana)

Guarantee... I will not be there or my ammo or food when they return.

Go ahead use my tractor. Hope you brought your own gas cause I am not telling you wjhere I have my stash.

Go ahead use my vehicle. I wont let you get in it without a fight plus there is no gas (worth speaking of) in it...refer to my stash above.

I will gladly share what food I can share. Again, refer to above stash that you cannot tap into.

My generator has a "lifetime" guarantee. I guarantee you wont get to use it in YOUR lifetime.

bmwdud

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2010
    fort wayne
    Um, I am definitely going to need to see a copy of that order.

Who signed it? (Peter Pan, Monty Python, Or the Governor of the State of Indiana)

Guarantee... I will not be there or my ammo or food when they return.

Go ahead use my tractor. Hope you brought your own gas cause I am not telling you wjhere I have my stash.

Go ahead use my vehicle. I wont let you get in it without a fight plus there is no gas (worth speaking of) in it...refer to my stash above.

I will gladly share what food I can share. Again, refer to above stash that you cannot tap into.

My generator has a "lifetime" guarantee. I guarantee you wont get to use it in YOUR lifetime.

YA WHAT HE SAID:+1:

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    There is an interesting point here. I'm sure that many of us can "survive" on our own until...when? At what point do you start rebuilding your community? I agree that I'm not going to give up supplies that I consider necessary for me and mine. I think my response would be "Me and MY community have already sorted that out. You'll have to address this at OUR Community Defense Meeting." Of course, that's all pie in the sky right now.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    There is an interesting point here. I'm sure that many of us can "survive" on our own until...when? At what point do you start rebuilding your community? I agree that I'm not going to give up supplies that I consider necessary for me and mine. I think my response would be "Me and MY community have already sorted that out. You'll have to address this at OUR Community Defense Meeting." Of course, that's all pie in the sky right now.

That is what separates SHTF from TEOTWAWKI. In SHTF things get better after a period of time; in TEOTWAWKI we have to pick our own selves up and work from there.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County

• your working car
    • extra fuel and propane
    • your generator
    • most of your food

What do you do?

This is what happened in Cuba...came to take guns, gold, silver, second homes, etc....meat was only available black market.

They are 40+ years into their long-term SHTF...I would hope those up here would have different attitudes...

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Also, if it's 2 months (or even 2 days) into SHTF and you are still answering your door, you should review your security plan...that's what second story windows (if you have 'em) are for. Ask FerFal.

Top Bottom