• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    If the alphabet police were knocking any day I would debate on answering the door. If they were coming to confiscate the items you mentioned then we probably would not be having a long conversation until their backup arrives.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    They might try this tactic one time, after that, the powers that be would be rethinking the plan.

At least that is how it would work in my area ( with most of the people)....

I'd just hate to be first on that visit list.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    If you can be located by anyone two months into a SHTF situation, you've already failed and are probably already dead. In that case let them have whatever they want, because you aren't using it anymore.

Seriously, after 60 days (if you're still alive) you need to have your personal protection cell up and operational. There will be no law, and noone to enforce it. Anyone attempting to is most likely hostile.

The law comes knocking and says they have an order to remove essentials for the common good.

This is a list of the things they want:

• your working car
    • extra fuel and propane
    • use of your tractor and implements for projects
    • your generator
    • most of your food
    • tell you your lifestock must be used for the common good to feed the hungry right now
    • extra ammo-they say 100 rounds per gun is enough
    No compensation other than you can get your food and water from the town at the feeding stations.

What do you do?

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    The underlying problem is the reasons for bugging-in. Some are doing this becuase they have elderly, children or invalid family members who are unable to move. Add to that, by bugging-in, they are now isolated due to loss of the grid. How many of us have communications in place-to talk to others, gather information, and have SOPs to do that? Some people have a level of organization with other "survivalists", others are just isolated. Some families and extended familes/groups may be better suited for an extended SHTF then smaller families.

Last edited:

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Strangers make a lot of noise in small communities, I'd know who this person with a badge/list was and what kind of weight they had behind them long before they got 1/2 the way down my road. I would adjust my response accordingly.

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    um i tell them thats a direct violation of the indiana constitution and then it may get ugly, depending on their immediate actions. If they leave, you can believe i wont be there when they return.

if they came and took things while i was not there ...... well thats why i never keep all my eggs in one basket, but i can sure put on a good "show" for them to think they got something good. lol

edit: this can be a hard question to answer completely without a letter agency trying to say your conspiring, lol

I believe that the point of the thread, is that an alphabet soup agency isn't going to care if they violate your rights. Therefore, it would be a waste to even speak to them.

I would have them expend more of their own resources that they possess, than what I would have on hand myself.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    If it's US forces/officers/law enforcement. I'll give them enough for them to go away and look as unprepared as 99% of the country. I'm guessing they won't get real professional soldiers or officers to do this so the intellectual capacity of those at the door won't be huge. If it's some sort of foreign official asking for this - I'm gonna give them a little somethin' they can't take off.

Last edited:

Hellion_1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    Putnam County
    2 months into a long term situation anyone with a badge is attempting to use it to their own advantage. The "greater good" no longer exists at this point unless organized by towns and neighborhood groups.

Badge or uniform aside, your main priority should be your own health and safety along with your family. Assume this for everyone else out there. Anyone not wanting to set up on your land and help turn it into a productive community, but just demanding supplies is threatening your life. This threat should be met with force, because a simple "no" or a warning could lead to a larger force attempting to take these items by any means necessary. I'm not saying that any and all people should be shot on sight, but anyone who attempts to rip your food or protection away is an attacker.

+1!! I agree totally. If the government were truly taking it for the "Greater Good", they would be putting the word out with whatever kind of mass media is still left operational (IE: radio, paper fliers, carrier pigeon, trucks with loudspeakers). I don't think they would send uniformed officers door to door unless they came heavily prepared. The government knows how well armed the populous is. This would be the act of individuals with only themselves in mind.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I believe that the point of the thread, is that an alphabet soup agency isn't going to care if they violate your rights. Therefore, it would be a waste to even speak to them.

I would have them expend more of their own resources that they possess, than what I would have on hand myself.

yep you are correct. I jumped the gun on my original post without thinking of the time under the emergency that the OP had specified.

2 months in, and i will not be found, and if i am then those that find me will either join up or stiffen up. if you catch my drift.

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    Note to self: When meeting E5Ranger bring twizzlers.

PS. I'm all for the disappearing also. If something this bad happens and it lasts for more than a few days to a week, I would rather be hard to find while waiting for the dust to settle.

Top Bottom