Two Louisville Gun Shops hit in two days.....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    This morning at about 4:15 am someone drove a truck into 111 Gun Shop in Louisville....The SWAT team showed up as they thought the perps were still in there...They are at large as of now.....The night before Tilford's Gun Shop in the south end was hit as well...A stolen corvette through the front....

The owner of 111 had just dropped off two transfers to me yesterday...I have not spoke to her this am so I know not how many guns were stolen...I came in this morning and my alarm was acting all squirrely.....After clearing the shop I contacted the alarm company and they are sending someone out....We had bad storms last night as I was leaving and I believe the storm may have messed with the alarm...All of my signals were going off but the alarm company never got an alert....

I may be camping out here tonight....What a way to start the day....

11099370_G.jpg

11099369_G.jpg

SWAT situation over after pickup truck rams gun shop in Jefferso - WDRB 41 Louisville News

http://www.wdrb.com/story/32550881/...n-store-robbed-after-corvette-crashes-into-it

11091398_G.jpg

11091346_G.jpg

Last edited:

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Please be careful, Rick.

Do you have anyone that can camp out with you and offer backup?

This makes me wish I was closer...and not a wage slave.

I cannot stand thieves.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Seems to be a fairly common method of robbing gun shops. Perhaps steel poles deeply embedded in the ground within the framework would help with this issue?

Probably impractical though.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Seems to be a fairly common method of robbing gun shops. Perhaps steel poles deeply embedded in the ground within the framework would help with this issue?

Probably impractical though.

I have them...Painted yellow....Knock on wood they have yet to have seen "action"....Not in the frame work but in front of the shop about 3 feet....Unless they are going to use a Harley or a little skinny hippie car I should be good to go...

Alarm company is coming today to see what, if anything, the storm did to my alarm...

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I have a GREAT idea!!!

I'll "hold" all of your guns until this thievery nonsense blows over down there...

...my plan is flawless. I'm not a gunshop, so they'll have no idea who to hit, and I'm nowhere near Louisville, so the thieves will have no idea where to begin looking for your stuff.

shhhh, don't overthink it...this it what friends do!!!

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I have a GREAT idea!!!

I'll "hold" all of your guns until this thievery nonsense blows over down there...

...my plan is flawless. I'm not a gunshop, so they'll have no idea who to hit, and I'm nowhere near Louisville, so the thieves will have no idea where to begin looking for your stuff.

I love it when you go all WWJD brother....:)

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I have a GREAT idea!!!

Too much work for one guy. You take the L and N frames and I'll graciously take the K and J frames. Gotta help a brother out!

The situation reminds me of an incident years ago. A friend owned a Dairy Queen and someone stole the keys right before closing. Instead of paying a premium to have the locks re-keyed late at night, we camped out with a couple Mossberg 590's and 1911's.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'd forget about fighting with thugs who have nothing to lose. While it would be way cool to stop and or capture these heathens, the risk is too high. That is what insurance and multiple 1080p cameras are for.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    The alarm company just left and $100 later the alarm system is back up and running...The storm must have discombobulated my sensors...BBI is here and we are discussing these robberies..He said this happened a couple of times up around Indy..

I can't stand a thief...

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Ugh!

I hope this isn't just the start of more of the same. Any chance they're connected to the burglars who hit Gander Mountain in Indy?

Top Bottom