Two different men carrying AR15s openly. Two very different LEO reactions.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Despite the differences in the "tests" we can all pretty well bank that this isn't surprising. A more enlightened police force obviously will act differently, a better dressed "perp" would probably be treated differently, and yes a person of color will "probably" be treated differently than a white person.

I've lived in the southern states for a large portion of my life and when I moved my family to the Indianapolis area 16 years ago even my then 8 year old daughter could feel the racial tension in this area and see the obvious looks of disdain and in some instances disgust when a family of color would be seated in a restaurant when it was obvious that "they aren't from around here". So go ahead and *****foot around it and pretend that it doesn't exist because that's what helps the Sharptons of the world maintain their grip on their power. There is a problem and until we are capable as a nation of getting to the root causes it'll continue and continue and continue.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    I feel that most valid points have been brought up. I agree that the "experiment" was loosely put together and had too many unknown variables to suggest that either started out the same with the only difference being skin pigment. That being said, I don't doubt that the response by different departments to each scenario would be drastically different than the only two shown. Location has a lot to do with it I'm sure, but so does a department's exposure to these scenarios.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Despite the differences in the "tests" we can all pretty well bank that this isn't surprising. A more enlightened police force obviously will act differently, a better dressed "perp" would probably be treated differently, and yes a person of color will "probably" be treated differently than a white person.

I've lived in the southern states for a large portion of my life and when I moved my family to the Indianapolis area 16 years ago even my then 8 year old daughter could feel the racial tension in this area and see the obvious looks of disdain and in some instances disgust when a family of color would be seated in a restaurant when it was obvious that "they aren't from around here". So go ahead and *****foot around it and pretend that it doesn't exist because that's what helps the Sharptons of the world maintain their grip on their power. There is a problem and until we are capable as a nation of getting to the root causes it'll continue and continue and continue.
    Sure, it exists. This video is evidence of NOTHING however.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    202   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    How should the police respond to someone, no matter what your color is, open carrying an AR-15?
    In this day and age, I think that was a dangerous experiment, with the heightened tensions of people rioting against the police, as an officer, you don't know if someone is about to open fire on you.
    I wish these "kids" would not do this sort of thing, just to prove a point, or to get more "likes" on their youtube channel.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    How should the police respond to someone, no matter what your color is, open carrying an AR-15?
    In this day and age, I think that was a dangerous experiment, with the heightened tensions of people rioting against the police, as an officer, you don't know if someone is about to open fire on you.
    I wish these "kids" would not do this sort of thing, just to prove a point, or to get more "likes" on their youtube channel.
    Well, it depends. Slung on your back will be viewed MUCH differently than at low ready and will respond accordingly.

sharkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Hognuts' Liberal ****hole
    1: for officer safety avoid the tunnel vision that that officer was obviously locked in. A five year old girl could have sneaked up behind hin, tripped his knee, put him on the ground, disarmed him and shot him in the head with his own pistol.

Secondly, Know your target and what is beyond your target. I see this all the time on cop shows where partners on opposite sides of the suspect both have their guns trained on him/her or when handcuffing. The second responder does keep out of the way but the first officer should have ordered the 7 month pregnant woman out of the line of fire. If these folks are 2A activists she should have known to move further to one side

D: Notice that after the suspect is stood up and before another officer picks up the rifle, about 5:24-5:40, the first officer never stops drawing a bead on that evil black (not a racial reference) gun. Huh, it just occurred to me, what if we were to produce/Duracote them in white?

Finally I agree, with the assessment that the study is flawed. Apples and lemons.

DuraCoat_ar_wintertwig_12410.jpg

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I believe the area of city and or country would play into how these two scenes played out. Either way the cops in the second half of the video overreacted quite a bit. Looks like a third of their department showed up.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Different LEO
    Different Dept.
    Totally different dress of AR carrier.
    At least different section of town? Could be different town??

IMO, there are MANY differences to this "Test" besides race...Bill.

Oh Yeah-IBTL.....
    This^^^^
    i didn't look at the video, but just like polls.... You can make any outcome you want.

right2arms

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    That could have been a pretty dangerous experiment. All it takes is one phone call to 911 from someone who says this guy is walking around in a threatening manner, and it could be all over.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    They are both jerks for doing this just to get a reaction from the police. I don't understand what else there is to debate.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Well, this might not be the MOST stupid libtard attempt at playing the race card ever perpetrated by some moron, but it's in the top two.

This isn't "apples and lemons" to quote a previous poster. It's more like apples and shark pups. They're both the 'fruit of the tree', but that's it.

IF that clip is supposed to 'prove' something of value, perhaps it actually DOES. It proves that, given 2 entirely different scenarios with different communities, different populaces, different proximities within those communities, different PD's, different dispatches, different information, different LEO's, different fake 'suspects', different agendas by those fake 'suspects', and on different days, the Police involved may (and should) react differently.

Well DUH... :facepalm:

Unsurprisingly, the overly-vocal and overly-emotional worn-out 'conclusion' is, yet again, immediately pounced upon by the same, typical race-baiting minions with no real evidence to back up their illegitimate 'claims', as always happens.

But then, that's not the objective of race-baiting, now is it? :shady:

Droogie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2015
    Zionsville
    1 - The second dude has big balls. He got exactly the reaction he was expecting. The reaction is 100% wrong, but he was just one twitchy finger away from being dead. Running a "will the cops shoot me?" experiment is pretty dangerous.
    2 - Did they give him the gun back and send him on his way?

Top Bottom