• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nkhrfh

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    I wont be looking for mine until tomorrow. Do know there are toms on at least one place I have permission to hunt!

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Too bad we can't take a hen. I haven't seen a turkey in a long time in my yard. Woke up this morning to a huge hen strutting around the back yard and then feasting under my bird feeder. I opened the door to feed the cats and she just kept eating. I guess she knew she was safe.:D

Nice bird you got there, jmiller

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    No hunting today for me, dang work, but I got a text at 7:00 from my dad rubbing it in that he got one. 22lbs, 10" beard and 1.25" spurs.

Kev

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    South Bend
    Gotta work today, but I'll be out this afternoon.
    Might take my 8 yr old sons with me this weekend to test their patience level. I'm not sure if they are ready to sit quietly for awhile or not yet.

Good luck to all!!

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Saw nothing on the farm this morning but heard a couple gobblers on the property north right at daybreak. Talked to some guys hunting up there who said those birds clammed up as soon as their feet hit the dirt. Went to town for breakfast, then a nap where I dreamed my partner killed one near our pasture stand. We headed up there, set up the decoys and called in a nice three year old (est) from a couple hundred yards in the woods. If I can get a bird down soon we'll be headed back to KY, still have three tags for down there. I don't know why this pic keeps showing up sideways, it displays correctly on Photobucket.
    imagejpg1_zpse850b582.jpg

Last edited:

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    We'll I tagged along with my buddy the rest of the afternoon since it was his first year turkey hunting. I let him use my gun setup as it is an auto-loader and he had an old single shot 12 ga. Went back to the blind where I shot mine this morning and two worked into 35 yds. He dropped it in it's tracks.

10277137_10203268932111386_2349644832112380743_n.jpg

[video=youtube;YwMgbd-YiBQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwMgbd-YiBQ[/video]

Last edited:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Awesome to see some Hoosier longbeards hitting the ground! I'm back at it this afternoon but I'm behind a gun rather than a camera this time.

Kev

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    South Bend
    I got a nice Jake yesterday around 5:00. Nothing large in the beard, but should be some good eating.
    The Tom in the distance already had a nice group of hens, so he was in no hurry to come in close. Was beautiful weather and nice to be able to sit and enjoy the sights...

Indyal

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Tree gobbles past two mornings and then nothing. I have not been close enough to set up on them

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    The farm has been a ghost town since my buddy killed his yesterday afternoon. We hunted yesterday evening and again this morning and heard/saw nothing. Packed up after this morning's hunt and we're southbound 65 just south of Bardstown now. We've still got three tags to fill down here and three days to get it done, fingers crossed.

irishhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Mooresville
    I had two nice Toms hang up on me about 60 yards , gobbling like crazy. They would not come any closer. I got impatient and must have moved because they bolted like they were on fire.

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    I've seen two bird (both hens) in two trips in Indiana. I had some good gobbling going on during the opener

My son and a friend both killed their birds.,.in the same area..

JimH

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    My son and I took two youth hunters that won the Laughery Valley Fish&Game club drawing again this year and they both got their frist birds-19 & 23 lbs.
    Hunted with my wife opening morning and she killed a 20 pounder,son killed a 20 pounder that evening and I killed a 23 pounder this evening.

Top Bottom