• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Apparently you did not read all of my post......

So let me be a little more clear so that you unterstand......

TSA x-rays the bags (they check all of them PERIOD)... they see the knives and see something else that does not look right so they open the bags up..... the find the knives but don't put them back were they found them because they don't have the time and just throw it in.

When the bags are waiting to go on the plane or the next one the bag guys (rampers) end up going through them and take them.

Or the knives are never removed but the rampers find them..

Like I said, the rampers that steal I am sure know all the hiding places. Do people that break into cars not know all the places people hide stuff?

P.S. Bagage people make LESS then TSA..... so that argument is pointless.

TSA starts around 11 and goes up to 16 or so....... Bagage starts around 10 and does not go up much..... have heard or some making 8.

Yep, know who to talk to and you would be suprised what the airlines will replace.... or at least pay you for.

Tactical Dave, are you telling me that TSA gives the bag handlers and rampers keys to open the TSA approved locks? Both bags were locked with TSA approved locks, both on delivery to the airlines and when we received them back. I assume this means only TSA approved people have access to the keys that open them. Therefore, only a TSA agent could have opened the bags, removed the items and them re-locked the bags.

If TSA is giving access to the bags to the baggage handlers, then you may have a point. But my understanding is that only the TSA agents are supposed to have access to the keys to open the bags. Therefore, only TSA agents could have seen the items in the x-ray, opened the bags to find the items without damaging the bags, and then re-locked the bags.

Had to be the TSA agents. At the very least, the agents with the keys had to have opened the bags for them or shared the knowledge of how to open the locks. Either way, TSA is responsible.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    that sucks!

but why lock up the guns, but not the knives? place anything you value in the locked case with the firearm!

I tried to do that, but the case was too small to hold the G26, two mags, box of Magtech JHP and the knife. I tried to get by without purchasing an additional bag. Would have been cheaper to purchase a larger case for the weapons!

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    I tried to do that, but the case was too small to hold the G26, two mags, box of Magtech JHP and the knife. I tried to get by without purchasing an additional bag. Would have been cheaper to purchase a larger case for the weapons!

that stinks! its a shame that nothing is ever safe anymore.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    A notice was placed in my son's bag. I did not receive a tag. Both bags were opened because both bags had a knife hidden deep inside and both were removed. It had to be TSA agents who saw the X-ray, knew which bag to open and where to look. Again, this is the third time it has happened to me. TSA is a group of thieves—at least in Fort Wayne.

I use locked bags with TSA approved locks that indicate if they have been opened. I have never had any problems.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne

Now that is as much an eyeopener as it is disgusting! Must think about that further in terms of the next case I buy. However, in my situation, the knife was hidden and not readily accessible. No one would have known it was there unless they first saw the x-ray. I am still waiting for Tactical Dave to reply to my question about anyone beside TSA agents viewing the x-rays.

cordex

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    I am still waiting for Tactical Dave to reply to my question about anyone beside TSA agents viewing the x-rays.
    I think he's saying that there is a possibility that TSA agents saw the knives on the X-Ray, checked them out, tossed them back in the bag unhidden and thereby allowed someone else to easily find and steal them.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Tactical Dave, are you telling me that TSA gives the bag handlers and rampers keys to open the TSA approved locks? Both bags were locked with TSA approved locks, both on delivery to the airlines and when we received them back. I assume this means only TSA approved people have access to the keys that open them. Therefore, only a TSA agent could have opened the bags, removed the items and them re-locked the bags.

If TSA is giving access to the bags to the baggage handlers, then you may have a point. But my understanding is that only the TSA agents are supposed to have access to the keys to open the bags. Therefore, only TSA agents could have seen the items in the x-ray, opened the bags to find the items without damaging the bags, and then re-locked the bags.

Had to be the TSA agents. At the very least, the agents with the keys had to have opened the bags for them or shared the knowledge of how to open the locks. Either way, TSA is responsible.

You would be amazed at that things people find who is to say that a TSA person lost the master key or droped it and a bag guy found it and held onto it.. or that a bag guy can't pick that simple lock.

Or that TSA forgot to lock it (pretty sure you can lock them with no key) or that one of the TSA people is buddies with a bag guy.

Im not saying that the TSA is not who did it.... just saying there are a lot of others that could have and that if you call the right people and tell them everything but not saying that you know it was TSA and you remain calm then I promice you heads will roll.......

You have to be on it like a dog on a peice of meat once it happens though... if you wait then people start to take you less seriously.

Call the TSA supervisors and the ops (operations) supervisor for that airline, and customer service (if they can't do much ask for their supervisors and if they can't then mangager then director, then VP ect ect) and remain very calm, they are used to people yelling at them, when you are calm you get a lot farther.

The other day a guy got mad about something end ended up talking to one of the managers here (above supervisors) and she was trying hard to take care of him because he was asking to talk to the CEO of the company..... if he would have asked around it would have been easy for him to get the number and e-mail of the CEO.... or at least would have been sent to the cheif of operations office and that guy would have taken care of it im sure and heads bellow him would have rolled.

P.S. like said above those locks are not hard to pick at all.

Last edited:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    My son and I traveled from Fort Wayne to ORD to JAC (Jackson, WY) for a vacation. We both carried our pistols in our checked baggage. He checked a Taurus 1911 and a Springfield XD .40 S&W. I checked a Glock 26. All three arrived safely.

However, we each concealed a knife in our bags. I had a Kershaw Storm like this one:

Kershaw® Storm Knives : Cabela's

My son had a Winchester pocket knife, similar to my Kershaw. The knives were concealed in the bag so that the only way anyone would know they were there is by the X-ray done to inspect the bags. We know my son's bag was inspected TSA because they left their calling card in the case. There was no calling card in my bag.

When we arrived in JAC, our knives were gone. No one else had access to the bags except the TSA in Fort Wayne. They had to X-ray the bags because we declared the firearms were int he bags. The X-rays would have revealed the knives in the bag. This is the only way anyone would have known the knives were there. Clearly, the TSA people saw the knives in the X-ray, opened the bags and removed the knives.

We will pursue redress and we will report it to the supervisors at Fort Wayne International Airport. Still, I doubt anything will come of it. They will investigate and do nothing. The frustrating thing is that this is not the first time those TSA people have stolen things from my bag.

Yep, our recovery dollars are at work—hiring thieves to examine our bags for valuables they can later pawn. Makes me proud to be an American, it does!!

Thanks for letting me rant! It will help me calm down soon
    Yep. My mom has had things swiped from Ft.Wayne International twice.
    Much paperwork...no compensation.

Those locks are worth their weight in gold.... makes the finger pointing very easy.... unless some how the zipper breaks......... and we know that never happens.....:@ya:
    I was going to post a video, but nosmoKing scooped me!

FWP9MM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    Bluffton
    Good to know, I travel about once a year through the Ft. Wayne airport. The last time I just put everything in a carry on because I was only gone for 2 days. I will definately be more caucios if I fly with checked baggage.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I'm shocked, SHOCKED, to find the TSA accused of stealing. It's a fine upstanding agency protecting life, liberty and the American Way. How could you ever criticize them, it must be someone else stealing your stuff, not matter how unlikely that may be.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I do find it funny that people get mad at the TSA and all the security but then when a terrorist attacks and airplane or uses one they get all fired up saying flying should be safer.......... you get one or the other.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I do find it funny that people get mad at the TSA and all the security but then when a terrorist attacks and airplane or uses one they get all fired up saying flying should be safer.......... you get one or the other.

I don't like TSA and I think flying should be safer.

If passengers and crew are armed, flying is safer.

Next question?

Blessings,
    Bill

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel

So, instead of safety, you give us a bunch of barely literate, posturing, obnoxious louts who believe and act as if they hold the power of gods over mere mortal men. We have to steal your stuff to make you safer. We have to feel up 5 year old girls to make you safer. We have to look at your 14 year old daughter naked to make you safer. We know goons when we see them, trying to cover with the "we make you safer" act is getting old, and it's a lie.

Britton

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Knoxville
    I have never once found a TSA worker who knew how to properly clear a firearm. Last time I flew through FWA the worker had to be shown how to take the mag out of the Glock, then he just put it in and did not check the chamber. He also needed to be shown how to open up the cylinder on a S&W 38. I tried to help, but you know they do know everything.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I don't like TSA and I think flying should be safer.

If passengers and crew are armed, flying is safer.

Next question?

Blessings,
    Bill

Anyone who knows commercial aircaft will not agree with you... well the smart ones will not.

Unless ALL of your bullets hit the target and do not over penetrate you RISK serious problems...... someone may be a good shot... untill passengers panic..... or untill as you squeeze you hit turbulance...

Have a round fo through the floor and risk hitting a presurized fire bottle(s), pressureized O2 that will blow a huge hole in the side of the plane, hit a tire and again blow a huge hole in the plane. Could also hit hydraulic pumps...... take those out on an Airbus and the only think you can fly with now is diferential engine trust and that landing will not be pretty.

Have one go forward and there is a 90% or so chance it will hit electrical systems and circuit breakers that could make the aircraft very hard to fly.... no to mention it also being very easy that that round hits a body up in that tiny cockpit.......

Towards the back you have the aft pressure buckhead and other critical flight control suff...... hitting that stuff is never good.

Even people with training will tell you that shooting a gun in an aircraft is very dangerous...... frangable ammo helps and you can say that the Air Marshals have the training and the millitary but when is the last time they ever fired a gun inside an aircraft the was flying? Last I checked never.

On the crew after 9-11 you will never see a pilot come out of the cockpit in flight on a large aircraft..... good luck knocking the new doors down they are tanks.... regardless of what is happening they will not open that door and will get it landed ASAP....... With how tires flight attendants and crews are and with how on edge they are I would rathe them not be armed to be honest.

People think that having guns on an airplane is simple with no risk and it is really not but it is a free country and if that is what you want then have at it but passengers with guns will never ever happen.

So, instead of safety, you give us a bunch of barely literate, posturing, obnoxious louts who believe and act as if they hold the power of gods over mere mortal men. We have to steal your stuff to make you safer. We have to feel up 5 year old girls to make you safer. We have to look at your 14 year old daughter naked to make you safer. We know goons when we see them, trying to cover with the "we make you safer" act is getting old, and it's a lie.

If people have this big of a problem then they sould complain to the supervisors and higher when you see something they don't like.... not complain on the internet... it's like the people that complain about how a cop treated them but then don't want to report it.

Do I think TSA is the best and greatest? Not by a long shot, they can't even tell people no not park leave their cars parked at the passenger drop off's and just stare but to be honest I have allways been nice to them and have allways been treated well by them...... Just two months ago one of them say my wife and I with our son and waved us through and sent us to the really short line and made small talk with us for a bit. I work in the airline biz....... TSA is at the bottom of my list when it comes to me wondering if the plane is safe.

Once they said I could not take my deodarent because it was to large.. it was liek 5am and she was really nice about it and I just told her to trash it and that was the end of it.

But honestly if you are that mad then call and complain and don't stop untill something is done.

Also with out the nude camera you speak of they will just have to pat people down and search them. Id rather be seen naked then searched but then you would probably get mad when a family memeber is killed by another under wear bomber because they did not have that camera/scanner..... and if you aregue whats a 12 year old girl going to do child suicide bombers have been in use for a long time.... they have even spotted young kids in bomb making camps getting trained across the pond. They day you say it will never happen is the day that it will..... are there pervs in TSA? Has to be.... are there pevs in Juvinial Hall or cops or any other place of work that deals with small kids? You bet.

I have never once found a TSA worker who knew how to properly clear a firearm. Last time I flew through FWA the worker had to be shown how to take the mag out of the Glock, then he just put it in and did not check the chamber. He also needed to be shown how to open up the cylinder on a S&W 38. I tried to help, but you know they do know everything.

Were you back in the back were the checked bags go? By your post I assume yes... only way you would have seen guns.... unless it was a millitary flight or something.

Last edited:

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus

Did you have to tell him the mag won't drop free when you're holding gangster style?

Top Bottom