• ...and so much more!
  • Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Anyone who knows commercial aircaft will not agree with you... well the smart ones will.

Unless ALL of your bullets hit the target and do not over penetrate you RISK serious problems...... someone may be a good shot... untill passengers panic..... or untill as you squeeze you hit turbulance...

Have a round fo through the floor and risk hitting a presurized fire bottle(s), pressureized O2 that will blow a huge hole in the side of the plane, hit a tire and again blow a huge hole in the plane. Could also hit hydraulic pumps...... take those out on an Airbus and the only think you can fly with now is diferential engine trust and that landing will not be pretty.

Have one go forward and there is a 90% or so chance it will hit electrical systems and circuit breakers that could make the aircraft very hard to fly.... no to mention it also being very easy that that round hits a body up in that tiny cockpit.......

Towards the back you have the aft pressure buckhead and other critical flight control suff...... hitting that stuff is never good.

Even people with training will tell you that shooting a gun in an aircraft is very dangerous...... frangable ammo helps and you can say that the Air Marshals have the training and the millitary but when is the last time they ever fired a gun inside an aircraft the was flying? Last I checked never.

On the crew after 9-11 you will never see a pilot come out of the cockpit in flight on a large aircraft..... good luck knocking the new doors down they are tanks.... regardless of what is happening they will not open that door and will get it landed ASAP....... With how tires flight attendants and crews are and with how on edge they are I would rathe them not be armed to be honest.

People think that having guns on an airplane is simple with no risk and it is really not but it is a free country and if that is what you want then have at it but passengers with guns will never ever happen.

This is perhaps the best refutation of the Mythbusters segment on explosive decompression (busted) I've seen yet. Thank you for posting it. You've given me some food for thought.

I realize that armed passengers won't happen, I just said (before) that it would be safer.

OK, so... given that TSA provides no real safety, just the theatrical illusion of it and given the above as reasoning why armed passengers might not be a workable plan either, what would you, as someone in the industry, recommend as a way to make flying safer for everyone? (Yes, I know freedom trumps safety and of course the Franklin quote about liberty and security. I further know that while government has no business preventing people from flying armed, the airlines, being privately owned, would be completely within their rights to forbid armed travelers because there is no right to board an aircraft, esp. when it is not your property.

I am interested in your reply.

Thanks again for this one. Rep inbound on runway 1-5 Left. ;)

Blessings,
    Bill

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    This is perhaps the best refutation of the Mythbusters segment on explosive decompression (busted) I've seen yet. Thank you for posting it. You've given me some food for thought.

I realize that armed passengers won't happen, I just said (before) that it would be safer.

OK, so... given that TSA provides no real safety, just the theatrical illusion of it and given the above as reasoning why armed passengers might not be a workable plan either, what would you, as someone in the industry, recommend as a way to make flying safer for everyone? (Yes, I know freedom trumps safety and of course the Franklin quote about liberty and security. I further know that while government has no business preventing people from flying armed, the airlines, being privately owned, would be completely within their rights to forbid armed travelers because there is no right to board an aircraft, esp. when it is not your property.

I am interested in your reply.

Thanks again for this one. Rep inbound on runway 1-5 Left. ;)

Blessings,
    Bill

If you shot a hole out the side of an aircraft and it hits nothing else then the result will be what you say on mythbusters.....

Only one way to know for sure that everyone will be safe..... strip search and cavity search everyone..... Im serious.... and on top of that have armed trained security at the aircraft around around it watching everything that goes on around and in the aircraft 24/7.... but even then it has been proven that if someone has a stinger missle.......

So in short there are ways to make flying much much safer but passengers would not want to put up with it and in the end something could still happen (stinger or something).

Yes they could put chaf and flares on the planes but even then that is not a 100% gaurentee to work.

This is how I look at it..... even as it is now flying is still WAY safer then driving when it comes to me getting killed.

P.S. For those that think searching everyone would not work..... why do they have people scouting the border pedestrian lines on the border? Because they are looking for a weakeness in hopes for being able to sneak someone though and not being searched.... same with the airport but no scouts...... you have a 50/50 shot at getting more then just a metal detector...... those odds are fine for terrorists.... take away those odds and they have to find another way.... the harder you make it the more they will just look for something else to do.

Last edited:

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    If people have this big of a problem then they sould complain to the supervisors and higher when you see something they don't like.... not complain on the internet... it's like the people that complain about how a cop treated them but then don't want to report it.
    \

And who says I can't and haven't done both. I love how you think that there is some magical fix granted when you complain. In fact, you have several people on here who have complained long and loud and gotten no satisfaction. You're just happy that you weren't beaten senseless over your deodorant being too large.

And thus a complacent population comfortable in their shackles is born.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    And who says I can't and haven't done both. I love how you think that there is some magical fix granted when you complain. In fact, you have several people on here who have complained long and loud and gotten no satisfaction. You're just happy that you weren't beaten senseless over your deodorant being too large.

Then in that case stop flying..... of become a private pilot and fly yourself???? Or hire someone to fly you (no TSA).

You did not asnwer my question though if you would be ok with hundreds of people being killed but a young girl not being searched. Personally I have no problem with it if it was my son as long as I was present along with a supervisor.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Then in that case stop flying..... of become a private pilot and fly yourself???? Or hire someone to fly you (no TSA).

Why should I have to?

You did not asnwer my question though if you would be ok with hundreds of people being killed but a young girl not being searched. Personally I have no problem with it if it was my son as long as I was present along with a supervisor.

It's a false choice, you haven't demonstrated to me how we're any safer by frisking and undressing little girls. What makes you think our glorious protectors are doing anything but goofing off, how do you know:

TSA Screener Cited "Torture" In Scanner Case | The Smoking Gun

Doesn't that make you feel safer? I'll believe my eyes and ears that TSA is a bunch of high school dropouts standing around ogling the dish of the minute or playing high school pranks and not the great glorious protectors of life and limb you make them out to be.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Why should I have to?

It's a false choice, you haven't demonstrated to me how we're any safer by frisking and undressing little girls. What makes you think our glorious protectors are doing anything but goofing off, how do you know:

TSA Screener Cited "Torture" In Scanner Case | The Smoking Gun

Doesn't that make you feel safer? I'll believe my eyes and ears that TSA is a bunch of high school dropouts standing around ogling the dish of the minute or playing high school pranks and not the great glorious protectors of life and limb you make them out to be.

You have to have a high school diploma to work for TSA:rolleyes:

On the "little girls" comment like I have said, there are kids 12 years old and younger in bimb making schools..... kids that age that have been suicide bombers...... I have made it clear that TSA is not the greatest.... I have also felt they should get rid of TSA and hire a private company like Xe who are better trained to do it.. but then people would still complain because there are bad apples ine very bunch...... and I am sure you would complain about that also.

P.S. There are goof off's in any line of work....... I work in the never center for an airline and somes times when nothing is going on there are Ketsup package thowing flights........

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    You have to have a high school diploma to work for TSA:rolleyes:

My gosh, such high standards, how do they find people at all?

On the "little girls" comment like I have said, there are kids 12 years old and younger in bimb making schools..... kids that age that have been suicide bombers...... I have made it clear that TSA is not the greatest.... I have also felt they should get rid of TSA and hire a private company like Xe who are better trained to do it.. but then people would still complain because there are bad apples ine very bunch...... and I am sure you would complain about that also.

P.S. There are goof off's in any line of work....... I work in the never center for an airline and somes times when nothing is going on there are Ketsup package thowing flights........
    The blitheness of your response, "there are goof off's (sic) in any line of work" makes me feel warm and tingly. That rejoinder should make me feel secure that they're not molesting my child while Achmed and Omar are loading the bomb. What absolute, unadultered, disgusting, apologist bull****.

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus

The phrase "p***ing into the wind" comes to mind.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I'm not surprised you think it's a big accomplishment.

Dude man..... you were the one that said it.... not me.:laugh:

You tried to look all cool and mightier then though and ended up being wrong and are now are just trying to save face and I find that :laugh::laugh::laugh::popcorn:

Don't make me post pics of the Hoff to get this locked haha, Bill is watching and does not like pics of the Hoff!

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Dude man..... you were the one that pointed it out.... not me.:laugh:

You tried to look all cool and mightier then though and ended up being wrong and are now are just trying to save face and I find that :laugh::laugh::laugh::popcorn:

Hey, "Dude." Did you know that they hired thousands of former airline screeners before that was put in place? Hey, "Dude." Did you know that dropouts were allowed to get GEDs to meet the new requirements months after the first TSA were hired. Hey, "Dude." Hey, "Dude" I know you think you're looking all cool by thinking you found one "legitimate" nit to pick, but, sorry, "dude" one again, you're talking out your a@@. Hey, "Dude" I'm glad you're so happy to turn your kids over to barely meeting minimum requirements morons for "examination." This is the next best thing to just pimping them on the street, "Dude."

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Hey, "Dude." Did you know that they hired thousands of former airline screeners before that was put in place? Hey, "Dude." Did you know that dropouts were allowed to get GEDs to meet the new requirements months after the first TSA were hired. Hey, "Dude." Hey, "Dude" I know you think you're looking all cool by thinking you found one "legitimate" nit to pick, but, sorry, "dude" one again, you're talking out your a@@. Hey, "Dude" I'm glad you're so happy to turn your kids over to barely meeting minimum requirements morons for "examination." This is the next best thing to just pimping them on the street, "Dude."

DUDE!? WHAT DOES MINE SAY?

dude_wheres_my_car_profilelarge.jpg

Last edited:

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    They like it when you tell them they should be replaced by a bucket of sand, ask them what they did before they were selected for affirmative action hires, and then mention that if you don't study hard in high school and get Ds, you'll either wind up a crack head or working for the TSA.

Top Bottom