• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • inav8r

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Pendleton
    John Tyner, welcome to the No-Fly list. Enjoy bus/rail/driving for the rest of your life...

This really blows. I've already decided that I'm probably never going to fly commercially ever again. I am so sick of the sheeple saying how good this is in the name of security... Bye bye freedom.

dieselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Bloomington
    every time i fly the TSA guys are generally pretty cool to me, minus the little peon who has to stand and check DL's and tickets, which is understandable... I'd be a huge d-bag if i had failed at life enough for that to be my job as well. havnt got to experience the "new and improved security" yet though... definitely not letting them take pictures of me though.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    ATM brings up a good point. Where does this fit in with the 4A? Is TSA an agent of the gubmint? If so, do they have a) PC, or b) a warrant? Does refusal to be nude-o-scoped create what is essentially a Terry stop?
    What about this little blurb of text? Fourth Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you don't want to be searched/felt up/etc., you can opt out of it by choosing not to fly; no one is forcing you to choose that method of travel. All of the airlines have made TSA screening a condition of travel on their property. You go in knowing that. If you choose to travel by another route, you can avoid that precondition.

Not sayin' it's right (because it's not), just saying it's fact.

Blessings,
    Bill

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    If you don't want to be searched/felt up/etc., you can opt out of it by choosing not to fly; no one is forcing you to choose that method of travel. All of the airlines have made TSA screening a condition of travel on their property. You go in knowing that. If you choose to travel by another route, you can avoid that precondition.

Blessings,
    Bill

Not quite true the way I understand it. Are you saying a private airline could opt out of TSA screening and provide its own? My understanding is that TSA security is required by the government in order to be a public carrier.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed

Various displays pointing out that what they are doing are immoral and violate peoples Constitutional rights are entirely appropriate. Simply avoiding them allows these violations to continue. Airports actually have the right to opt-out of the TSA and have their own screening services instead. I hope that the recent problems start to force them in that direction.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Various displays pointing out that what they are doing are immoral and violate peoples Constitutional rights are entirely appropriate. Simply avoiding them allows these violations to continue. Airlines actually have the right to opt-out and have their own screening services instead. I hope that the recent problems start to force them in that direction.

That article actually says that airports may opt out. Airports are typically a qausi government entity.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    That article actually says that airports may opt out. Airports are typically a qausi government entity.
    As I am given to understand, when they instituted the TSA policy there was an opt out clause included that gave them the option to opt out after a 2 year period (and beyond), and return to using private security. My guess as to why they haven't is that they don't want to incur the costs associated with it, nor the liability. Personally, I'd like them to return to that as it would be loads easier to hold the airports and airlines responsible for crap like this. TSA has no responsibility.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    It would be important to know if the airlines/airports can opt out of this crap. If they can, then could I suggest an ad (maybe youtube it) that might turn the tide?

Ad -

Shows a Man, wife and teenage daughter being subjected to the screening... with all of the negative that goes with it. Man sees the teenage daughter go through the scanner and get ogled by some person in another room... and you KNOW they don't switch back there based on the sex of the individual, right? maybe have them opt out and get groped by a TSA agent.

Then cut to the same family boarding a charter jet being treated respectfully and courteously. Enter the announcer.... "Is that any way to treat your CUSTOMER? If you want to be ogled, groped and degraded - fly United, Delta, etc... If you want to be treated with respect - fly Charter Air - we KNOW our customers - we RESPECT our customers. We treat people the way we would want to be treated."

If airlines CAN opt out (and I don't know the answer to that question...) you will see TSA agents in unemployment lines so fast it will make your head spin. Let THAT go viral and watch all of the merry hijinks that ensue...

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    And if I ran one of the smaller Indy AIRPORTS I'd think about the same stunt... Want to get groped - go to IND... otherwise visit us at Indy Metro...

Guerrilla marketing.... :D

Harsh - well, a little... but it WOULD be fun...

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    It would be important to know if the airlines/airports can opt out of this crap. If they can, then could I suggest an ad (maybe youtube it) that might turn the tide?

Ad -

Shows a Man, wife and teenage daughter being subjected to the screening... with all of the negative that goes with it. Man sees the teenage daughter go through the scanner and get ogled by some person in another room... and you KNOW they don't switch back there based on the sex of the individual, right? maybe have them opt out and get groped by a TSA agent.

Then cut to the same family boarding a charter jet being treated respectfully and courteously. Enter the announcer.... "Is that any way to treat your CUSTOMER? If you want to be ogled, groped and degraded - fly United, Delta, etc... If you want to be treated with respect - fly Charter Air - we KNOW our customers - we RESPECT our customers. We treat people the way we would want to be treated."

If airlines CAN opt out (and I don't know the answer to that question...) you will see TSA agents in unemployment lines so fast it will make your head spin. Let THAT go viral and watch all of the merry hijinks that ensue...
    The Washington Examiner had a piece on the opt out that I read earlier today. The opt out exists.
    Amid airport anger, GOP takes aim at screening | Washington Examiner

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    If airlines CAN opt out (and I don't know the answer to that question...) you will see TSA agents in unemployment lines so fast it will make your head spin.

They absolutely have that option. Check § 44920 of the legislation that established the TSA. Feel free to contact the Indianapolis Airport and demand it.

Contact info:
    Airport administrative offices: 317.487.9594
    and just because...
    TSA Command Center at Indianapolis International Airport: 317.532.1900

Last edited:

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    I had training today with a senior South Bend LEO. It saddened me when he advised me that he was absolutely ok with the invasive TSA procedures as "they keep us safe and wouldn't be doing it if it didn't make us safe".

Top Bottom