• Status
    Not open for further replies.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Well never been a Trump fan….however I know how corrupt the Republican party has become, lets face it, they are panty wastes, spineless, traitors like Dan Coates, who fighting for pro life did a about face and voted to fund planned parenthood….then you have Cruz, little Marco and now Ryan "I'm really a bigger democrat than Boenher." All screaming like little panzi's how Trump will destroy America……well sorry, you guys have already been doing a pretty good job of that already. So when I see this I say to myself, dang, I may have to vote for Trump….it could be the beginning of non politicians taking over Washington, which is what we need.

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    Well never been a Trump fan….however I know how corrupt the Republican party has become, lets face it, they are panty wastes, spineless, traitors like Dan Coates, who fighting for pro life did a about face and voted to fund planned parenthood….then you have Cruz, little Marco and now Ryan "I'm really a bigger democrat than Boenher." All screaming like little panzi's how Trump will destroy America……well sorry, you guys have already been doing a pretty good job of that already. So when I see this I say to myself, dang, I may have to vote for Trump….it could be the beginning of non politicians taking over Washington, which is what we need.
    Hallelujah, I'm not the only one sick of the one party, two party system.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

But people will keep clutching their pearls and collapsing on the couch in shock that you would vote for Trump.

It continues to entertain me how upset people get at the thought that the republican party may be witnessing a reckoning for screwing the American public that gave them the house and the senate for the express purpose of stopping obamacare and obamatrade, which they failed to do in every capacity even with a majority.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    WoooHooo! :rockwoot: Bring on Caesar! Let the games begin!

People who don't want to pay attention long enough to accomplish anything now want to decide the end of the republic because, well, it's entertaining for them I guess. Go ahead, talk bad about the system that has brought us 200+ years of prosperity. Go ahead, toss the dice because it's not always the outcome you want and this looks like fun.

Have I been happy with everything that's gone down? Heck no. I hate everything progressives have done to this country. Do I want another Obamabruthuhbyadifferentmutha? heck no.

I'd advocate a convention of the states (Article V) to reign in federal power before I'd advocate putting a lunatic in charge just to see what happens. I really don't want the opportunity to say I told you so. By then dissent will be a death sentence.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    WoooHooo! :rockwoot: Bring on Caesar! Let the games begin!

People who don't want to pay attention long enough to accomplish anything now want to decide the end of the republic because, well, it's entertaining for them I guess. Go ahead, talk bad about the system that has brought us 200+ years of prosperity. Go ahead, toss the dice because it's not always the outcome you want and this looks like fun.

Have I been happy with everything that's gone down? Heck no. I hate everything progressives have done to this country. Do I want another Obamabruthuhbyadifferentmutha? heck no.

I'd advocate a convention of the states (Article V) to reign in federal power before I'd advocate putting a lunatic in charge just to see what happens. I really don't want the opportunity to say I told you so. By then dissent will be a death sentence.

This is the typical, "I have no logical argument so X is hitler."

Describe precisely how he is going to be a dictator and the channels available for him to do so. Astonishing claims require astonishing evidence, not just "CAN'T YOU SEE WHAT I SEE?"

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    If Trump becomes President, he won't be able to take a poop without the media jumping all over him. Becoming a ruthless dictator is a pretty long stretch.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The argument seems to be, "Politicians don't do things the way I think they should be done. Therefore, I'm going to put an outsider that everyone hates into the highest office in the land and I fully expect that he will fulfill every promise he's every made." With no government experience, no political allies to push legislation for you, a history of broken promises and business failures... explain to me how your dreams will be fulfilled again?

Maybe Trump will just issue a litany of executive orders - because it's OK if it's my guy doin' the orderin'.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Burden of proof is on the one making claims, welcome to debating 101.

The fact that Trumpers won't listen to logic....like in most of this thread...proves they are good Trump followers, but doesn't mean there are not logical arguments against him.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    But people will keep clutching their pearls and collapsing on the couch in shock that you would vote for Trump.

It continues to entertain me how upset people get at the thought that the republican party may be witnessing a reckoning for screwing the American public that gave them the house and the senate for the express purpose of stopping obamacare and obamatrade, which they failed to do in every capacity even with a majority.

BINGO!

If we grant Trump is a carnival barker, liar, hypocrite, opportunist, pick-your-label, what the **** does that make the other people in the race?

If the only dart I have to throw is my vote, then let it be cast against those who made the Donald possible by their douchebaggery and failure to deliver the bacon they promised when running for office.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    The primary problem with the Federal government is that Congress has ceased to act as a proper counter-weight against the Executive branch. Pick a recent President, and behind him you can see scores of Congressmen whose teeth are either chattering from fear or whose mouths are salivating from greed. Neither provides our Republic any value.

Could Trump be a dictator? Anything is possible, but it is no more likely than the current boy wonder, or Hillary, or whomever may gain the office assuming that role. But only if Congress, the courts and the military would sit idly by and let that happen!

Everyone needs to man up and prepare to ride the Roller Coaster of Living History© and quit pissing their pants over one guy.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The primary problem with the Federal government is that Congress has ceased to act as a proper counter-weight against the Executive branch. Pick a recent President, and behind him you can see scores of Congressmen whose teeth are either chattering from fear or whose mouths are salivating from greed. Neither provides our Republic any value.

Could Trump be a dictator? Anything is possible, but it is no more likely than the current boy wonder, or Hillary, or whomever may gain the office assuming that role. But only if Congress, the courts and the military would sit idly by and let that happen!

Everyone needs to man up and prepare to ride the Roller Coaster of Living History© and quit pissing their pants over one guy.

:yesway:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    If you watched the "news conference" last night, it seemed obvious that the ban on routine muslim traffic into the country is gone. He avoided that question with vigor. The position on illegals seemed to be, yes there is going to be some kind of a wall but it sounded like everything is really negotiable.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If you watched the "news conference" last night, it seemed obvious that the ban on routine muslim traffic into the country is gone. He avoided that question with vigor. The position on illegals seemed to be, yes there is going to be some kind of a wall but it sounded like everything is really negotiable.

Politics as usual. Just follow the money.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013

I'm not a Trump guy, but I agree that it is hard to see how he is more of a possible dictator than the other choices. Plus, he certainly serves a useful purpose if the prospect of him being President can get people to wake up to the value of a limited government that actually works as outlined in the constitution. Unfortunately, I fear too many people will always want a king, so long as he comes from their side, to ever understand it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom