Not open for further replies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    There is only one vote in favor of the Second Amendment this November. It's not my fact, it is THE fact. I just pass it along.

For us or against us.

False dilemma, informal fallacy.

You're in good company of others that have used that phrase.

Palin, Erdogan, Bush, Hillary Clinton, Mussolini, Orwell, Lenin.

Have fun with your little election this year. You don't seem to have an actual interest in bringing people together.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    There is only one vote in favor of the Second Amendment this November. It's not my fact, it is THE fact. I just pass it along.

For us or against us.

No part of the constitution will be on the ballot this November or any November. If it were, I would vote against it - it is not suited for the society we have become. Facts are funny things.

For us or for the State.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...Have fun with your little election this year. You don't seem to have an actual interest in bringing people together.

On the contrary, I'm happy to call out those going the anti-gun direction with their votes. Especially those among us who feel it necessary to spread the anti-gun voting sentiment to the gullible or naive lurking this gun owner forum.

For us or against us.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    On the contrary, I'm happy to call out those going the anti-gun direction with their votes. Especially those among us who feel it necessary to spread the anti-gun voting sentiment to the gullible or naive lurking this gun owner forum.

For us or against us.

I'm also happy to do likewise, calling out those going the discrimination direction with their votes. Especially those amongst us who feel it necessary to ignore the attempted implementation of second class citizenship upon certain subsets of our population. In that regard it's... For Me, who cares about them?

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I'm also happy to do likewise, calling out those going the discrimination direction with their votes. Especially those amongst us who feel it necessary to ignore the attempted implementation of second class citizenship upon certain subsets of our population. In that regard it's... For Me, who cares about them?

The feelings of needy subsets that crave the love of the government are way down the list of my priorities. Good men, regardless of what "subset" the label-lovers like to put them in, will find success in life. Everyone else can stew in the misery of their self-imposed victimhood. Real Americans identify as such. Not as hyphenated victims.

I know illegal immigrants that embody the American ideal better than some of these natural born professional victims.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The feelings of needy subsets that crave the love of the government are way down the list of my priorities. Good men, regardless of what "subset" the label-lovers like to put them in, will find success in life. Everyone else can stew in the misery of their self-imposed victimhood. Real Americans identify as such. Not as hyphenated victims.

I know illegal immigrants that embody the American ideal better than some of these natural born professional victims.

Needy? Demanding equal treatment under the law makes one "needy?" I'd rather have an oppressive law that affects us ALL, rather than one that affects the unpopular, solely because of who they are... 2nd Amendment included, most assuredly. Sad that some forget the lessons of history. Apparently some would rather hang separately, than hang together.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    False dilemma, informal fallacy.

You're in good company of others that have used that phrase.

Palin, Erdogan, Bush, Hillary Clinton, Mussolini, Orwell, Lenin.

Have fun with your little election this year. You don't seem to have an actual interest in bringing people together.

Exactly which people should we be trying to bring together? Those who vote to take our 2nd Amendment rights away? I have no interest in coming together or finding common ground with those ********.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Exactly which people should we be trying to bring together? Those who vote to take our 2nd Amendment rights away? I have no interest in coming together or finding common ground with those ********.

Just so we're clear here... is that any non-Trump vote? Is that who you're talking about?

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson

So your against treating criminals as criminals... on the basis of race? How can a group of people have second class citizenship when they are here illegally and therefore not citizens in the first place?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So your against treating criminals as criminals... on the basis of race? How can a group of people have second class citizenship when they are here illegally and therefore not citizens in the first place?

I going to suppose I'm going to be accused of being cryptic again, and talking about slavery.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I going to suppose I'm going to be accused of being cryptic again, and talking about slavery.

Maybe if you just said what you mean, instead of trying to appear clever or dancing around the subject. Or playing devil's advocate, as you are so inclined to do.

Blunt talk may seem rude to some, but it's rarely misunderstood.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Maybe if you just said what you mean, instead of trying to appear clever or dancing around the subject. Or playing devil's advocate, as you are so inclined to do.

Blunt talk may seem rude to some, but it's rarely misunderstood.

"Appear?"

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'll pose this question here, rather than the 2016 GE thread.

Suppose they replace Trump in Cleveland on the grounds that the type of people supporting him loudly (racists, anti-Semites, et al) don't represent the party? They don't have to put any of the blame on Trump himself... just the sort of people he's tending to attract.

Granted, it's a minuscule portion of his largely normal following... but they aren't doing much to help his image (or the party that he's running with).

Would the party have grounds to reject his nomination if his candidacy is causing them to look bad by association?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Suppose they replace Trump in Cleveland on the grounds that the type of people supporting him loudly (racists, anti-Semites, et al) don't represent the party? They don't have to put any of the blame on Trump himself... just the sort of people he's tending to attract.

Granted, it's a minuscule portion of his largely normal following... but they aren't doing much to help his image (or the party that he's running with).

Would the party have grounds to reject his nomination if his candidacy is causing them to look bad by association?

The party has proven beyond any doubt in mu mind they need zero help looking bad.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound

Doubt it. If he's got the delegates, he'll win. I'm sure there are contingencies but they are reserved for cases that are highly unlikely (probably would have to do with the presumptive nominee dying, being incapacitated or incarcerated, etc.)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom