• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    Have not watched MLB since the 1994 no playoff/ no world series greed fest....no loss here.
    Have not watched NFL since Colin and Eric took a knee in 2016....again no loss here.
    This stuff is easy cause I am hillbilly stubborn.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Great rebuttal. Glad you was able to discuss the comment. Your opinion must be so weak you have nothing to reply with other than bs. Great job.
    I did discuss it. I said boycotting the mlb will last roughly the time it takes you to return after writing out your facebook post telling everyone you're leaving. Which is about 20 minutes. If you'd like me to go deeper i can. That means I dont think it'll last long, and I dont think the majority on INGO boycotting the mlb will have any impact. Because I dont think many here were actively spending money on mlb to begin with. I'll explain it a little more. If I declare Im boycotting travel to pluto, how much damage did i do to Pluto's tourism industry? Zero because no one was going to Pluto.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I did discuss it. I said boycotting the mlb will last roughly the time it takes you to return after writing out your facebook post telling everyone you're leaving. Which is about 20 minutes. If you'd like me to go deeper i can. That means I dont think it'll last long, and I dont think the majority on INGO boycotting the mlb will have any impact. Because I dont think many here were actively spending money on mlb to begin with. I'll explain it a little more. If I declare Im boycotting travel to pluto, how much damage did i do to Pluto's tourism industry? Zero because no one was going to Pluto.
    Ah. So you said the same thing, but longer, and with a touch of Astronomy that doesn’t quite make sense. You tried to make the argument you wanted to make instead of addressing the question I asked in my comment.

I’ll ask again. What’s your solution?

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Ah. So you said the same thing, but longer, and with a touch of Astronomy that doesn’t quite make sense. You tried to make the argument you wanted to make instead of addressing the question I asked in my comment.

I’ll ask again. What’s your solution?
    The solution is for the owners of MLB organizations to vote out Rob Manfred.

If theres a fox in the hen house, the solution isn't to burn down the hen house.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    The solution is for the owners of MLB organizations to vote out Rob Manfred.

If theres a fox in the hen house, the solution isn't to burn down the hen house.
    You are assuming they disagree with him, I imagine removing money from their pockets would get their attention faster than strongly worded letters. That is after all what they are after. I don't know how many will boycott and I've never watched anyhow, but I imagine some will turn away

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

More to follow, I'm sure.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Where’s the motivation to do so if there aren’t consequences?
    If you think theres no motivation this conversation is over. You clearly haven't watched baseball during Rob Manfred's tenure and it's painfully obvious.

Last edited:

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    If you think theres no motivation this conversation is over. You clearly haven't watched baseball during Rob Manfred's tenure and it painfully obvious.
    Unwilling to put it in words or unable?
    Like I said I'm not a MLB watcher so I'm curious as to what he has done wrong and why he is still there then.

Last edited:

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    MLB took the All Star game and 100 million in revenue away from a city that is 60% black, and gave the game and it's 100 million revenue to a city that is only 10% black.

And the current President endorsed it.

If that happened when Trump was President, there would be riots everywhere.

Who's the racist now?

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Meh, sports is an expensive entertainment venue.

Eons ago when my sons were small kids my oldest asked me why I never went to games. I tallied up the cost of the hours "entertained" and asked him if he thought there was more value there or in a new cartridge for his Nintendo. The expression on the face of children when they learn something valuable is priceless, it brings value to being old.:)
    Sports have become the new 'opiate of the masses'

'The government is going to spend us into depression/stagflation, but hey, did you see that Mets game last night!'

Squirrel!

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Unwilling to put it in words or unable?
    Like I said I'm not a MLB watcher so I'm curious as to what he has done wrong and why he is still there then.
    How long are you willing to debate someone that has zero knowledge of the topic and thinks their solution is the only one?

This is Trevor Bauer, he won the nl Cy Young Award. Which means he is the best pitcher in the National League. He is constantly calling out Rob

Heres a radio show talking about players disgusted with Rob last year.

This is the Atlanta Braves statement:
    Ex_lPrmXEAkWOIs

Its amazing to me how Dr. Seuss chose to remove books and they were deemed the victims here on INGO, yet the Braves had no choice and people want to boycott them and other teams because of this. Its misplaced anger caused by 1 man.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    If you think theres no motivation this conversation is over. You clearly haven't watched baseball during Rob Manfred's tenure and it's painfully obvious.
    So then why haven’t they voted to remove him already? Sounds like they should have had plenty of motivation to do so before this, so why would they now? Especially if everyone follows your philosophy, continues to support them, and his recent actions had no effect on anything to do with them.

So I’ll ask again. Where’s the motivation?

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    How long are you willing to debate someone that has zero knowledge of the topic and thinks their solution is the only one?

This is Trevor Bauer, he won the nl Cy Young Award. Which means he is the best pitcher in the National League. He is constantly calling out Rob

Heres a radio show talking about players disgusted with Rob last year.

This is the Atlanta Braves statement:
    Ex_lPrmXEAkWOIs

Its amazing to me how Dr. Seuss chose to remove books and they were deemed the victims here on INGO, yet the Braves had no choice and people want to boycott them and other teams because of this. Its misplaced anger caused by 1 man.

I don't think they're saying to boycott the Braves, they are saying boycott the MLB as a whole. That fear of financial loss may be what pushes them to remove Rob Manfred from his position.
    The public doesn't have a whole lot of action they can take, but where they spend their money is something they do have control over. Instead of continuing to do the same thing and expect a different result.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So what are the odds that Trump is still drinking Diet Coke, after telling his faithful to boycott it?

Top Bottom