• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home
    Uncle Ted for Prez! Nugent that is! You want to shake up the status quo he's your man! Pro Constitution all the way.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    why do we always have to pick a rich person to run for president that already has their hand in the cookie jar? maybe one day we will elect a hard working average joe farmer to be president. oh, never mind. I forgot wealth and fame gives people credibility in this country. if they are rich and famous or good looking they must be honest right? WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It's not been about honesty in a very, very long time. The reason we have to pick a rich person is because they're the ones who can afford the TV time and print ads and such to get their names out there to be recognized. Joe Farmer has fields to plow and seed to buy and doesn't have time to spend making speeches, let alone leaving his farm for four years.

As for Trump taking a pay cut, he wouldn't. He'd still make money on his dividends and probably hire someone to run his business for him while in office. Let's not forget that in the last election cycle, Hillary dropped several million of her own money to keep up with Barry in the polls. Why would someone spend multiple millions of dollars to get a job that pays $400K a year?

I won't count Trump out of the running at this point, but that's not to say I'd vote for him. I want someone honest whose sole commitment is to the Constitution.

Good luck finding that guy and convincing him to run.

Blessings,
    Bill

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Donald Trump:
    "I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun. With today’s Internet technology we should be able to tell within 72-hours if a potential gun owner has a record."

Source: The America We Deserve
    Page: 102
    Author: Donald Trump

So basically he wants expanded gun control. **** on that.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Besides the gun issue, Trump is a phony Republican.
    He's donated money to Democrats Chuckie Schumer, Hillary Clinton, Anthony Wiener, and others I don't remember.

He also supported Giulianni, Pataki and D'Amato, the only three Republicans in New York History.

I've heard his answer to the contribution issue. He has no Republican candidates to support in New York. He's about aligning himself with winners, and he values friendship and loyalty above party affiliation. You can debate whether it's wise politically but it sure makes sense from a business perspective.

The thing that people don't get is that it doesn't really matter who is elected President or to Congress. The government buracracy has become an organic lifeform. Public unions have ensure through law that their members cannot be fired. The President doesn't get to bring his (or her) own team in to run things. They get a few brass name-plate doors, but the (union) workers continue to do what they want, when they want, and how they want regardless of the name on the door. That's why government grows and grows - you have to put your own supporters in place next to those that don't support you.

Until the President is authorized to fire all government employees at will, nothing will change.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I have been hearing Donald Trumps name as a presidential candidate in 2012. Other than his business experience, I don't know much about his political views. Does anyone know his feelings on gun control?

Never heard of A N Y NEW YORK politician wanting the people of the UNITED STATES to have the right to own guns

Last edited:

drobpk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Indy and South Florida
    Here is another quote from Mr. Trump:
    "It’s often argued that the American murder rate is high because guns are more available here than in other countries. Democrats want to confiscate all guns, which is a dumb idea because only the law-abiding citizens would turn in their guns and the bad guys would be the only ones left armed. The Republicans walk the NRA line and refuse even limited restrictions.
    Source: The America We Deserve, by Donald Trump, p.102 Jul 2, 2000

hookedonjeep

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    With the other Sheepdogs
    why do we always have to pick a rich person to run for president that already has their hand in the cookie jar? maybe one day we will elect a hard working average joe farmer to be president. oh, never mind. I forgot wealth and fame gives people credibility in this country. if they are rich and famous or good looking they must be honest right? WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm with you on this one......Let's put a farmer in office for one year, then a plumber the next, and so on, and so on. I guarantee they couldn't do any worse than Obamatard, and with a one year term limit (with no retirement plan for life, etc. - The point of serving the term is duty to country, not duty to self), they would be less likely to get through hair-brained ideas like Obamatard-care. In fact, let's replace the entire House and Senate, and set it up the same way. You get the same salary as the lowest paid military mamber, and you serve for one year. :D

Hiker1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    South
    Though Mr. Trump no doubt has concerns about personal safety (don't we all?), he probably understands that most 'long' gun owners in the this big country of ours-enjoy :ar15:target shooting with sporting rifles-not gathering assault rifles for nefarious purposes.

Whether he 'publicly' recognizes our rights, and leans more toward law enforcement rather than supporting a myriad of new legislation is a dialog that he has answered in snippets, and not more complete answers-like a position statement. I'm not going to hold my breath on this man's support of law abiding citizens purchasing, or collecting guns for sport.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom