• Status
    Not open for further replies.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    If you don’t see the change in our country in the last ten years, with a short reprieve during the Trump administration maybe you just shouldn’t vote at all…
    There's a difference between what you say here and your end times predictions

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    I keep hearing the talking heads say Trump can’t beat Biden, but they believe Desantis can. If that’s the case why is Trump leading Desantis by double digits in the polls?

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    You sure can and your rights to the freedom to criticize can have negative results and harm those you vote for.
    The exact same could be said, about being in a cult, and refusing to believe that the Leader can be good, AND bad, at the same time.
    That some things done are good.
    And some things done are bad.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    No. Way. There is no way Big Mike is sharing a ticket with Newsome. 0bama would run the risk of being shown-up by Gav. Too risky. I really don't think Big Mike will run. I used to think that s(h)e might, but I truly don't believe Michelle wants to work that hard. Newsome on the other hand is almost certainly going to jump in. Since Gav is purported to be a white hetero male, he'll be forced to add someone that checks the appropriate boxes, a la Harris.
    Then that means Dr Feelgood has to make Joe last until the end of his term, when he can be put aside. But then they would seem to have to have an open primary to pick a successor so that Kamala would appear to have an equal chance. Now that RFKjr has indicated he wants to go third party, maybe they'll feel better about that but I'm not sure he couldn't change his mind and jump in the Dem race as late as January '24

If they can't keep Joe propped up until the end and Kamala gets even a couple of months in the big chair, it will be harder to primary her. I still think she and Newsome do some kind of do-se-do and she ends up governor of Kommiefornia as a consolation prize

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    So I take it you cannot show me an actual vote, or even a formal submission to congress?

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Donald Trump still supports raising the age limit for possessing certain firearms to 21 and will also be looking at a lot of different options on gun measures, a White House spokeswoman said on Tuesday.

"We expect to have some specific policy proposals later this week," spokeswoman Sarah Sanders told a regular news briefing, adding that the proposals will be specific to school safety. The proposals come less than two weeks after 17 people were killed at a Florida high school by a 19-year-old man with an AR-15 assault weapon.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I don't disagree about the bad optics, but realistically those people will vote for any democrat over Trump.
    Why limit that statement to just Trump? Do you think they'll be more likely to take a serious look at ShoeLift as an alternative? Maybe Haley? Even that's a stretch. You know better. They had their chances to vote for milquetoast 'republicans' and still were lever pullers for the D. About the best a republican can hope for is for independents to split 50/50 or in the case of someone really popular 60/40. Most of the time they favor Dems 3:1

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I keep hearing the talking heads say Trump can’t beat Biden, but they believe Desantis can. If that’s the case why is Trump leading Desantis by double digits in the polls?
    In the RCP average, Trump currently +2.2 on Biden

Of the 12 polls taken in November in the average, Biden only won 2 of them

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Why does it have to accomplish anything.

And, it could be the reason you criticize ANYONE.
    Cause you think they are wrong on something.
    And you don't need a cult leader.
    Then why not criticize and be happy?

Why is it so important to get everyone to agree with your criticisms, if they aren't meant to accomplish anything (other than possibly making you feel righteous). Why not just let those of us who feel constant criticism and tepid support for Trump will do real harm in the long run alone?

I suspect it isn't that you think we are in some cult but that there is a weak impulse toward conducting struggle sessions on Trump support

As far as not criticizing him, a few of you are doing plenty for all of us - I don't think you have any need to add my voice

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    While I disagree with the decisions that made this so; if government can ban Jarts why can they not ban a piece of plastic that attaches to a gun?

You even have to use a passive way to acknowledge that it was a bad decision while being incapable of saying it was Trump's decision. I have to hand it to you though, you will go through herculean efforts to avoid any fault Trump may have. And I don't get why? It's not rational. Please explain why it's that important to you. You deny, marginalize, trivialize any facts which might point to a mistake.

Does it actually "ruin" Trump's persona if he's not perfect? Why does he need to be perfect?

Bumpstocks are not guns…

They are now, thanks to Trump.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    You got to ac-cent-tchu-ate the positive
    E-lim-i-nate the negative
    And latch on to the affirmative
    Don't mess with Mr. In-between
    You got to spread joy up to the maximum
    Bring gloom down to the minimum
    And have faith, or pandemonium
    Liable to walk upon the scene

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    He's also the only one that some here will ignore the actual good things he did while trying to twist the smallest negatives into outsized issues to support their baked in animus to a very, very good president by the standards of the last 30 years

Polarizing goes in both directions
    There are some people who refuse to acknowledge that. But several of us who do get labeled TDS'ers for just saying what's objectively true. I can say, yeah, Trump **** the bed on the bumpstock thing. We had a good economy and did not entangle ourselves with any new wars. If Trump is it, we could probably do worse.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Several here act like their claim they will hold their nose and vote Trump if they have to, is good enough and will not have any negative affects. Not realizing they are undermining the very things they claim they support. If instead of buying in that the Russians affected the election of 2016, the pee-pee tapes, Russian collusion, impeachment, etc. even the current stuff going on against Trump, a product of tepid support, think how much more potentially if folks just supported him…
    Does it make a difference if someone walks into the voting booth, votes for a candidate, say Trump, while tightly pinching their nose? Does it only count for like 2/3 vote?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom