• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Common sense dictates that if they changed it at the minimum they believed it possible. So just stop it with the obfuscation.
    It was possible that the court could find it legal. No court HAD found it legal.

Was gay marriage against the law when they passed the law last month legalizing it?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Relevance to the question? Do not see any connection.
    Seriously? You think that it had to be legal for the VP to do what you thought for them to pass that law.

They just passed a law legalizing same sex marriage. Was it illegal before that law was passed? Why would one have to be true, if the other is not.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Seriously? You think that it had to be legal for the VP to do what you thought for them to pass that law.

They just passed a law legalizing same sex marriage. Was it illegal before that law was passed? Why would one have to be true, if the other is not.
    I said they must have thought it was possible or they would not have spent energy on it.

My understanding of what was passed concerning same sex marriage was not legalizing it but rather requiring all states to recognize marriages from other states…

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    How can one prevail if the court will not take the case?
    You’re talking in circles, far past the point. But I’ll leave that to you and TB.

The situation we’re in, government is broken. Can it be fixed? I don’t know. But I think we need someone with a full tool set. I’m unsure if we have such a person, but it’s clear it’s not Trump. He has a pretty good tool set if you just want to troll the libs, and superficially fix things things through EO’s until the next guy comes in and erases all of it. Maybe that’s all we can hope for. Temporary relief.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Is America First a platform and a movement? Or just one man?
    As the arguments from both sides progress, it becomes more and more obvious that the support for AF among certain people is rooted in the persona of Trump. It has to be Trump or no one.

My own thought, is that if it can’t be someone with a fuller tool set, Trump is the fill in, at best. But might also make it even harder for the person that has a full tool set.

Trump is over. I just hope the opposition isn’t over too.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Trump is the only candidate that has declared right now so for now there is a call to back him and not trash him. (That is until someone else declares) then let the primary process take its course and whomever wins it's up to each individual to decide if they want to vote for the nominee that is pitted up against the Democrat leftist agenda or not. Some here will chose not to vote for a certain nominee over another out of animosity and spite. That is their perogative. Personally, it will not affect my vote. In the general election I will be voting for the nominee.

After all there is only one nominee. Should there also not be a call to back them and not trash them whomever that may be?

Last edited:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Trump is the only candidate that has declared right now so for now there is a call to back him and not trash him. (That is until someone else declares) then let the primary process take its course and whomever wins it's up to each individual to decide if they want to vote for the nominee that is pitted up against the Democrat leftist agenda or not. Some here will chose not to vote for a certain nominee over another out of animosity and spite. That is their perogative. Personally, it will not affect my vote. In the general election I will be voting for the nominee.

There is only one nominee. Should there also not be a call to back them and not trash them?
    As long as you are not using "trash" and "criticize" interchangeably. I used to agree with you. But since the Trump guys here have went on the offensive by bringing other non declared candidates into the discussion, I am no longer sure I do.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    As long as you are not using "trash" and "criticize" interchangeably. I used to agree with you. But since the Trump guys here have went on the offensive by bringing other non declared candidates into the discussion, I am no longer sure I do.
    They are merely following the lead of fearless leader.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I guess from your perspective it's all a matter of if you criticize/trash my candidate/potential candidate then it's only fair game for me to criticize/trash your candidate/potential candidate from either side.

That is also your perogative.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Non-declared candidates. :): sounds a bit like an oxymoron, but it’s a fair point. I’d like for us all to agree on a point where we think criticism goes too far. Looking at reactions, a casual observer might think to some here any criticism is bashing.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Non-declared candidates. :): sounds a bit like an oxymoron, but it’s a fair point. I’d like for us all to agree on a point where we think criticism goes too far. Looking at reactions, a casual observer might think to some here any criticism is bashing.
    I don't think there will ever be a consensus on where that line is to be drawn. Some see all criticism as bashing, others feel that a certain amount of criticism is within the bounds.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Is America First a platform and a movement? Or just one man?
    Put a weight on that knee

You already know the answer to that based on how many other pols who might throw their hat in the ring espouse its ideals

The list will be short, shouldn't take long. Then there is the even more disappointing list of which members of congress might be on board

Might actually be why [a certain man] tried to recruit candidates who were supportive - you know, because almost no one already in congress was

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I'd post DeSantis' opinion on corruption in and unlimited support for Ukraine - if he had one

You would think someone people want to position as America First would be on the record as against involvement or at least restrained involvement

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Put a weight on that knee

You already know the answer to that based on how many other pols who might throw their hat in the ring espouse its ideals

The list will be short, shouldn't take long. Then there is the even more disappointing list of which members of congress might be on board

Might actually be why [a certain man] tried to recruit candidates who were supportive - you know, because almost no one already in congress was
    The Freedom Caucus predated Trump's escalator ride by quite a bit and amassed enough strength to eject Boehner. If Trump had focused on building the caucus, that would have been great.

IMO, he didn't... he focused on "election deniers" first and foremost.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    You’re talking in circles, far past the point. But I’ll leave that to you and TB.

The situation we’re in, government is broken. Can it be fixed? I don’t know. But I think we need someone with a full tool set. I’m unsure if we have such a person, but it’s clear it’s not Trump. He has a pretty good tool set if you just want to troll the libs, and superficially fix things things through EO’s until the next guy comes in and erases all of it. Maybe that’s all we can hope for. Temporary relief.
    The blue part would be where you substitute your opinion for any facts, which is perfectly fine but should be acknowledged as such

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    I'd post DeSantis' opinion on corruption in and unlimited support for Ukraine - if he had one

You would think someone people want to position as America First would be on the record as against involvement or at least restrained involvement

Well, there is a DeSantis thread... I would expect when/if he announces, he would have position statements on quite a number of issues, including Ukraine. And, I would expect if he does run, he would announce during the "traditional" March-June period.

But since this is the Trump thread... what is Trump's position?

His website has a 60-second "I'm not Biden" video, a donations solicitation and a link to his merch site. ZERO policy statements.

His two "major announcements" have been his strangely early entry into the race immediately after a mid-term debacle... and hawking trading cards. IMO, both major mis-steps.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom