• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Another thing that I'm not so sure of is that the courts would've grated an injuction if a motion were to have been filed just to answer the question on what the authority of the VP's role is. I think the courts still wouldn't have interfered based on their prior reluctance to take up any other case.
    They were chicken to stick their neck out and just have a hearing with evidence and discovery. I wonder just how much the leftists threats to the court and country affected them?

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Another thing that I'm not so sure of is that the courts would've grated an injuction if a motion were to have been filed just to answer the question on what the authority of the VP's role is. I think the courts still wouldn't have interfered based on their prior reluctance to take up any other case.
    This is the effective rebuttal of IngoMike's point about "forcing the courts to do their job."

If they weren't going to do it after 4 years of Trump appointing federal judges, it wasn't going to happen. No court has a taste for overturning a Presidential election.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    We will agree on this, NONE of the slates of electors from the contested states were “duly elected”.
    No we do not... Trump put forward fraudulent slates in 7 states that were NOT certified pursuant to the laws put forward by the legislatures of those states.

Trump attempted to remain in office by fraud and thereby violated his oath of office.

Banana republic stuff!

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    This is the effective rebuttal of IngoMike's point about "forcing the courts to do their job."

If they weren't going to do it after 4 years of Trump appointing federal judges, it wasn't going to happen. No court has a taste for overturning a Presidential election.
    How does this rebutt the fact that the power in DC, at least, believed pence could have tried to reject the electors and throw the situation into constitutional crisis to be resolved by the co-equal powers?

Oh yes, regurgitate leftist talking points for them. In round numbers, Trump appointed 12% of the federal judges, (BTW, a great number but not a controlling one) I am certain they all took a Trump loyalty oath after they were sworn in that they would be his ruling army in the courts…

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Enjoy the leftist takeover coming, brought on by those so steeped in their normalcy bias they cannot smell or taste the rot that is coming down. In 1776 those same type of folks probably were complaining that the founders were not following proper gentlemanly war etiquette…
    Do you really think that the founders, who put their lives and their HONOR on the line, would consider Trump's attempted fraud to retain power as patriotic?

I'll say nope.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

Chief Justice Roberts himself has demonstrated in the past a reluctance to interfere in Congressional proceedings. I agree that any current court doesn't want to handle that hot potato even if they are forced to do their job. They want no part of it and is the reason why I don't believe any motion by Trump or his legal team would've been successful.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    No we do not... Trump put forward fraudulent slates in 7 states that were NOT certified pursuant to the laws put forward by the legislatures of those states.

Trump attempted to remain in office by fraud and thereby violated his oath of office.

Banana republic stuff!
    If you only fought as hard against the left as you do the right the left could not get by with all this. That you can see all the warts on the Trump strategy but fail to recognize the unconstitutional, the improbable, the impossible, perpetrated by the left says it all…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Do you really think that the founders, who put their lives and their HONOR on the line, would consider Trump's attempted fraud to retain power as patriotic?

I'll say nope.
    Yes I do. You are failing to understand the country is under siege from leftists and the cure is not pretty.

“Look Doris, someday you're going to find that your way of facing this realistic world just doesn't work. And when you do, don't overlook those lovely intangibles. You'll discover they're the only things that are worthwhile.”

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Chief Justice Roberts himself has demonstrated in the past a reluctance to interfere in Congressional proceedings. I agree that any current court doesn't want to handle that hot potato even if they are forced to do their job. They want no part of it and is the reason why I don't believe any motion by Trump or his legal team would've been successful.
    How much did the the threats affect the court’s willingness to do their job. Remember, they were threatened that the summer of “protesting” would look like a walk in the park compared to what was coming if the courts got involved. Then the types of legal counsel that usually handles these cases were warned not to represent Trump or they would be black listed…

Is this a court the founders would be proud of? I do not think so…

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Enjoy the leftist takeover coming, brought on by those so steeped in their normalcy bias they cannot smell or taste the rot that is coming down. In 1776 those same type of folks probably were complaining that the founders were not following proper gentlemanly war etiquette…
    Wait. We’re trying to agree on what Trump’s plan actually was. I’m aware of what’s happening to the country. Disagreeing with you about what Trump did does not condone what’s happening. How do you not see the disconnect there?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    :scratch: really? So the electors that ended up being certified were not duly elected? What makes you say that?
    That you even ask this question demonstrates where your thinking is.

ANY change in election law by anyone other than the constitutionally appointed legislatures creates slates that are not duly elected. This issue was present in most of the battleground states. The courts refusal to even hear the cases is an abomination of our constitution…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Wait. We’re trying to agree on what Trump’s plan actually was. I’m aware of what’s happening to the country. Disagreeing with you about what Trump did does not condone what’s happening. How do you not see the disconnect there?
    That is not what I was replying to. I had been discussing the plan and why, when it was alleged that the Trump slates were “fraudulent” to which I pointed out all of them were fraudulent then since none of them were constitutional by the legislatures.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    How much did the the threats affect the court’s willingness to do their job. Remember, they were threatened that the summer of “protesting” would look like a walk in the park compared to what was coming if the courts got involved. Then the types of legal counsel that usually handles these cases were warned not to represent Trump or they would be black listed…

Is this a court the founders would be proud of? I do not think so…
    Oh, I'm not ruling out that all of those things could'nt have played a part in the courts reluctancy and if so it should not have interfered in the execution of their jobs.

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    :lol2: nevertrumpers talking about fraud... :hehe::hehe::hehe:

Interesting that R appointed judges are scared to death of mob rule and the health of themselves and family being threatened. Understandably so, ie Kavanaugh. :n00b:

D appointed activist judges think nothing of making judgements based only on their personal political agenda. They have no fear at all.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    :lol2: nevertrumpers talking about fraud... :hehe::hehe::hehe:

Interesting that R appointed judges are scared to death of mob rule and the health of themselves and family being threatened. Understandably so, ie Kavanaugh. :n00b:

D appointed activist judges think nothing of making judgements based only on their personal political agenda. They have no fear at all.

The system is out if balance…

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The courts legitimacy is in question if they are swayed by the mob on either side. It's the same way with some prosecutors. They have demonstrated that they can be swayed by the threat of mob action.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The courts legitimacy is in question if they are swayed by the mob on either side. It's the same way with some prosecutors. They have demonstrated that they can be swayed by the threat of mob action.
    Proof of the courts lost legitimacy is the fact that posters can alledge that a republican or dem judge would rule differently and everyone seems to accept it…

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Yes I do. You are failing to understand the country is under siege from leftists and the cure is not pretty.

“Look Doris, someday you're going to find that your way of facing this realistic world just doesn't work. And when you do, don't overlook those lovely intangibles. You'll discover they're the only things that are worthwhile.”
    The "cure" is to nominate Republicans who can win AND will put America First.

Trump is not that cure.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    How does this rebutt the fact that the power in DC, at least, believed pence could have tried to reject the electors and throw the situation into constitutional crisis to be resolved by the co-equal powers?

Oh yes, regurgitate leftist talking points for them. In round numbers, Trump appointed 12% of the federal judges, (BTW, a great number but not a controlling one) I am certain they all took a Trump loyalty oath after they were sworn in that they would be his ruling army in the courts…
    Mike, I think you need to go back through the election thread and look where some of you were even advocating for switching electors. And now all of a sudden you guys forget that this actually was attempted. SD4L provided the documentation for it.

People try to remind you of reality and you act like not ignoring it means they want the coming Marxist utopia. C'mon man. It's like the goal changed. Trump wanted to stay in power because he thought he was cheated. His lawyers came up with some legal theories where he could possibly do that. I'm not going so far as to claim that Trump committed fraud by trying to push through an alternate slate of electors. But it wasn't legitimate either. There's no way the nation would accept Trump as the rightful president after that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom