• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    If Trump truly believed the election was rigged and there is every indication that he did, then when Eastman presented a novel theory that he felt could be tested to him it's only natural based on that he would sign on with it.
    For just a second, let's operate under that assumption... that be truly believed the election was rigged... I still would not vote for anyone who was incredulous enough to buy into the absurd notion that the VP/Prez Pro Temp could simply ignore valid, state certified electors.

THAT's Obama "pen and phone" type bull**** on steroids.

It's also NOT how Eastman testified that it played out... but sure, for the assumption, let's assume it did.

Anyway, having said all of that, I don't believe that Trump didn't know he lost. Reading the transcript of the Georgia call, if Trump truly believed that he had won and the election (at least in Georgia) was stolen from him, then it was due to willfully ignoring ALL evidence presented to him. GA SoS knocked down EVERY claim Trump made... with investigations and FACTS. To then turn around and repeat the same claims, that had just been debunked, not by MSM but by the Repubican SoS... delusional.

He was very actively NOT listening to anything he didn't want to be true.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    For just a second, let's operate under that assumption... that be truly believed the election was rigged... I still would not vote for anyone who was incredulous enough to buy into the absurd notion that the VP/Prez Pro Temp could simply ignore valid, state certified electors.

It's also NOT how Eastman testified that it played out... but sure, for the assumption, let's assume it did.

Anyway, having said all of that, I don't believe that Trump didn't know he lost. Reading the transcript of the Georgia call, if Trump truly believed that he had won and the election (at least in Georgia) was stolen from him, then it was due to willfully ignoring ALL evidence presented to him. GA SoS knocked down EVERY claim Trump made... with investigations and FACTS. To then turn around and repeat the same claims, that had just been debunked, not by MSM but by the Repubican SoS... delusional.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Eastman was once thought of as a constitutional scholar. Trump trusted his counsel.
    I'll revisit this... thought of by who? He was a professor at Chapman University (Fowler) Law School... ranked 109th among law schools by US News and World Report, and for what it's worth, I had never even heard of prior to this.

As President, Trump had the whole Solicitor General's office at his disposal... you know, a whole bunch of lawyers who's specialty is representing the President and the law before the SCOTUS. Pretty sure the Eastman memo would have been met with uncontrollable laughter... the deep dread, "What? You're not actually serious..."

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Can you provide a link to Eastman’s testimony where he claimed they knew the election was legit?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I still would not vote for anyone who was incredulous enough to buy into the absurd notion that the VP/Prez Pro Temp could simply ignore valid, state certified electors.
    If one believes one slate of unconstitutional electors is no more valid than the other unconstitutional slate it is completely logical. Of course it never will be through the prism you view this through.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I'll revisit this... thought of by who? He was a professor at Chapman University (Fowler) Law School... ranked 109th among law schools by US News and World Report, and for what it's worth, I had never even heard of prior to this.

As President, Trump had the whole Solicitor General's office at his disposal... you know, a whole bunch of lawyers who's specialty is representing the President and the law before the SCOTUS. Pretty sure the Eastman memo would have been met with uncontrollable laughter... the deep dread, "What? You're not actually serious..."
    I would have NEVER thought of you as an elitist. As politicized as the Ivy League has become this is a silly thing for a conservative to say. Probably most of the best conservative lawyers will come from places the elites rate way below their indoctrination centers…

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Can you provide a link to Eastman’s testimony where he claimed they knew the election was legit?
    Let me be more clear… Eastman disavowed that the theory presented was his, that he brought it to the Trump campaign and that he supported implementing it.

1. He claims he was contacted by the Trump legal team with the theory and asked to sketch out how it would proceed.

2. He claims it was one of many strategies considered and he voiced that the theory that the VP had that power was the “weaker argument” and that he did not believe Pence had that power.

3. He claims that his advice was that it was “crazy” to pursue it because even if they did, Cheny and another rep definitely would not go along with the scheme that would require all Republican state contingents to “vote” for Trump.

4. And finally, when he briefed Trump and Pence on the memo, Pence asked if Eastman believed the VP had that power… and he replied no and that it would be absurd to empower the VP, who at times would be one of the candidates, with such power. Pence turned to Trump and said “did you hear that?” Trump ignored it like it never happened. This is coborrated by both Eastman and Pence… in the briefing on this with Pence, Trump’s own lawyer said no, you don’t have that power.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Let me be more clear… Eastman disavowed that the theory presented was his, that he brought it to the Trump campaign and that he supported implementing it.
    We will never know exactly what went down. Everyone is trying to get clear of the dems Stasi operations. Then this might as well come from the dem media, as they are anti Trump.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    I would have NEVER thought of you as an elitist. As politicized as the Ivy League has become this is a silly thing for a conservative to say. Probably most of the best conservative lawyers will come from places the elites rate way below their indoctrination centers…
    Money talks... how highly sought-after are Chapman Law grads in the private sector? Median private sector salary is $74,000 and recall Chapman is in Orange County, CA.

By comparison, say IU Law School, private sector 50% median salary is $107,000... in Indiana.

Iowa? $90,000. Ohio State? $100,000.

What about a real powerhouse like Michigan? $190,000. Vanderbilt? $160,000.

Chapman law grads are not highly sought after in the private sector.

ETA: USC and UCLA both $180,000... more apples to apples for So Cal. which is where Chapman is located.

Last edited:

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    And you can do the same with LSAT scores for admissions... the MEDIAN LSAT for Chapman is several points BELOW the cut-off for a Vandy or Michigan. Same source.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Money talks... how highly sought-after are Chapman Law grads in the private sector? Median private sector salary is $74,000 and recall Chapman is in Orange County, CA.

By comparison, say IU Law School, private sector 50% median salary is $107,000... in Indiana.

Iowa? $90,000. Ohio State? $100,000.

What about a real powerhouse like Michigan? $190,000. Vanderbilt? $160,000.

Chapman law grads are not highly sought after in the private sector.

ETA: USC and UCLA both $180,000... more apples to apples for So Cal. which is where Chapman is located.
    And you can do the same with LSAT scores for admissions... the MEDIAN LSAT for Chapman is several points BELOW the cut-off for a Vandy or Michigan. Same source.
    I wonder what the LSAT scores were for the founding fathers? You just doubled down on elitism. In your mind woke companies hiring those indoctrinated woke elite grads equates to their constitutional competence. I reject that elitism…

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If one believes one slate of unconstitutional electors is no more valid than the other unconstitutional slate it is completely logical. Of course it never will be through the prism you view this through.
    I think you’re looking through a prism too. There is no evidence strong enough yo change your mind. I’m suspect there is no evidence strong enough to change SD4L’s either.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I wonder what the LSAT scores were for the founding fathers? You just doubled down on elitism. In your mind woke companies hiring those indoctrinated woke elite grads equates to their constitutional competence. I reject that elitism…
    I would bet they valued a good education.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think it’s fair, if a part of your argument relies on Eastman being a top law mind, to make the case that he isn’t. It’s not elitism to use the way we judge lawyers’ value to counter such a claim. If you’ve made no such claim, I don’t know why you’re arguing this.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

1. He claims he was contacted by the Trump legal team with the theory and asked to sketch out how it would proceed.

2. He claims it was one of many strategies considered and he voiced that the theory that the VP had that power was the “weaker argument” and that he did not believe Pence had that power.

3. He claims that his advice was that it was “crazy” to pursue it because even if they did, Cheny and another rep definitely would not go along with the scheme that would require all Republican state contingents to “vote” for Trump.

4. And finally, when he briefed Trump and Pence on the memo, Pence asked if Eastman believed the VP had that power… and he replied no and that it would be absurd to empower the VP, who at times would be one of the candidates, with such power. Pence turned to Trump and said “did you hear that?” Trump ignored it like it never happened. This is coborrated by both Eastman and Pence… in the briefing on this with Pence, Trump’s own lawyer said no, you don’t have that power.

This seems more like a bait and switch. This isn’t what you claimed. The point was in support of your claim that Trump knew he lost the election fairly. So help me get there. I don’t see any evidence here that proves this.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    What? How do you judge the merit of a lawyer?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Is standardized test scores, like the SAT, or ACT legitimate ways to rank students aptitude? Is that not a legitimate way to determine admission? What’s wrong with using LSAT scores required to get in a law school not a valid way to judge the standards of the universities? Is judging on merit really “elitism”?

Top Bottom