• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    For those of you excited and acting as Ron White said; “big old New York bouncers that think that bouncing is cool. They hang out with other bouncers, talking about bouncing. They go home at night and watch 'Road House' and fondle themselves” all excited about the Colorado crap.

You are destroying the constitution making it easy to destroy the second by perverting it to get a political enemy.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Now we have Dukes of Hazzard jumping into the thread. Gamut.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    For those of you excited and acting as Ron White said; “big old New York bouncers that think that bouncing is cool. They hang out with other bouncers, talking about bouncing. They go home at night and watch 'Road House' and fondle themselves” all excited about the Colorado crap.

You are destroying the constitution making it easy to destroy the second by perverting it to get a political enemy.

I think Turley got it right when he said that what happened on J6 was not an insurrection but rather a political protest that became a political riot. Others swear it was an "insurrection"

As long as there are differing opinions Trump should not be barred based on political interpretations of what constitutes "insurrection." for political purposes.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

JD Vance explained what Trump obviously meant.

Sen. JD Vance, a Republican from Ohio, lashed out at a reporter asking about Trump’s “poisoning the blood” comments, defending them as a reference to overdoses from fentanyl smuggled over the border.

“You just framed your question implicitly assuming that Donald Trump is talking about Adolf Hitler. It’s absurd,” Vance said. “It is obvious that he was talking about the very clear fact that the blood of Americans is being poisoned by a drug epidemic.”

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Sen. JD Vance, a Republican from Ohio, lashed out at a reporter asking about Trump’s “poisoning the blood” comments, defending them as a reference to overdoses from fentanyl smuggled over the border.

“You just framed your question implicitly assuming that Donald Trump is talking about Adolf Hitler. It’s absurd,” Vance said. “It is obvious that he was talking about the very clear fact that the blood of Americans is being poisoned by a drug epidemic.”
    A topic he has spoke on many times.

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel

My issue is that reporters will run Republicans down to the elevator to ask about some stupid Trump comment. Still, when Democrats say they won't discuss a guy getting assbanged in the Senate chambers, they accept it and move on. When 12k young men are in a cage in Arizona with shutdown border crossings, there are no questions whatsoever. I wish Republicans would start answering the questions they should be getting asked and make all of the tape unusable.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Channeling my inner Jeff Foxworthy;

You might be affected by TDS, if every comment Trump makes is interpreted in the worst way possible to make Trump look bad or a liar…
    What's it called if every comment Trump makes is interpreted in the best possible way to make Trump look good or a honest....

LeftyGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2022
    Indianapolis
    I think Turley got it right when he said that what happened on J6 was not an insurrection but rather a political protest that became a political riot. Others swear it was an "insurrection"

As long as there are differing opinions Trump should not be barred based on political interpretations of what constitutes "insurrection." for political purposes.

I think Turley’s argument (as presented in Mike’s linked article) has some merit in regards to the J6 rioters…their actions could not have resulted in the overturning of the seated government, no matter how many people stormed and occupied that building…that just isn’t how our system works.

I think it has less merit in regards to Trump himself, though. I think Trump’s fraudulent elector scheme was an actual attempt to prevent the legally-elected president elect from taking office, and (in my opinion) that does amount to a failed insurrection by Trump and his co-conspirators.

In my view, the J6 riots were Trump supporters’ reaction to Trump‘s failed insurrection, not an act of insurrection itself.

The actions of Trump and his supporters on J6 are the reason I believe criminal charges (for each group) are appropriate and not entirely politically motivated.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    What's it called if every comment Trump makes is interpreted in the best possible way to make Trump look good or a honest....
    A counter to the idiots.

And another. Channeling my inner Jeff Foxworthy again;

You might not be a republican if you say the same things the leftists do…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I think Turley’s argument (as presented in Mike’s linked article) has some merit in regards to the J6 rioters…their actions could not have resulted in the overturning of the seated government, no matter how many people stormed and occupied that building…that just isn’t how our system works.

I think it has less merit in regards to Trump himself, though. I think Trump’s fraudulent elector scheme was an actual attempt to prevent the legally-elected president elect from taking office, and (in my opinion) that does amount to a failed insurrection by Trump and his co-conspirators.

In my view, the J6 riots were Trump supporters’ reaction to Trump‘s failed insurrection, not an act of insurrection itself.

The actions of Trump and his supporters on J6 are the reason I believe criminal charges (for each group) are appropriate and not entirely politically motivated.
    If the electors were chosen in a manner other than how the legislature of the individual state directed are they not fraudulent electors?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

So in essence you're saying that Trump was an insurrectionist but the J6 riot wasn't an insurrection.

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    A counter to the idiots.

And another. Channeling my inner Jeff Foxworthy again;

You might not be a republican if you say the same things the leftists do…
    So, disagreeing with anything Trump says makes you an idiot and not a Republican? Paired with not agreeing with Trump making you a RINO, this has some incredible expectations of admiration and loyalty. Those boots must taste amazing.

Top Bottom