• ...and so much more!
  • Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne

At this point I may just stay home. What the actual ****.

7b2f24bd-bf86-4891-ad64-49b2c5ffaa79_text.gif

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    And that could very well be. But all it does is **** me off.
    I have said this before, we on the conservative side are far too literal. A dem says abortion should be “safe, legal, and rare” and the dems all look at one another and smirk at the rubes that believe that crap. A repub says something to appeal to moderates and conservatives lose their mind. What was the track record?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I have said this before, we on the conservative side are far too literal. A dem says abortion should be “safe, legal, and rare” and the dems all look at one another and smirk at the rubes that believe that crap. A repub says something to appeal to moderates and conservatives lose their mind. What was the track record?

2016 Trump: “I will end forever the use of the H-1B as a cheap labor program, and institute an absolute requirement to hire American workers first.”

2024 Trump: “I promise to staple a Green Card to anyone who graduates from ANY college, even 2-yr community colleges.”

Okay, so which statement is taken too literally? How is the 2024 position figurative? Isn't the better, more accurate position that Trump is just saying **** to get elected? And well, why not? Every politician does this. But then you'd have to admit that Trump is a politician, which you've earlier insisted he's not, as part of his status as the bestest candidate ever.

He became a politician as soon as he registered as a 2016 presidential candidate. But some of you guys could never admit that. He lied about promises then. He's lying about promises now. You just can't bring yourself to knowledge this. It's not a big deal. Politicians lie because it's a part of the game. The trick is to figure out when they're lying and when they're telling the truth.

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne

How about tell me the truth. How about quit pandering. I hate it when the left does it, I hate it more when the right does it. I think I hold them to a higher standard believing they should know better and he should.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    How about tell me the truth. How about quit pandering. I hate it when the left does it, I hate it more when the right does it. I think I hold them to a higher standard believing they should know better and he should.
    Yeah. Well. I think that's not possible. Candidates need to try to appeal to as many voters as possible. They're either going to lie, or lose. They're not rewarded for honesty except by those who agree with the thing they're being honest about.

No candidate is rewarded by living up to my standards other than by my vote, for the little that's worth. But also I have to acknowledge that no candidate lives up to most people's standards. Except the sycophants who can't possibly see any wrong their candidate can do. Not everyone is a sycophant. There's nothing wrong with calling out obvious position flipping, while acknowledging that the political game is what it is.

Ain't like anyone on the other side believes Trump anyway. That some undecided was hesitant to back Trump until, whoa, he's gonna give green cards to immigrants who graduate college? I'm all in!

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    At this point I may just stay home. What the actual ****.

7b2f24bd-bf86-4891-ad64-49b2c5ffaa79_text.gif
    You think this is worse than giving amnesty to all of the illegals and letting them stay?

This just seems like pay to play to me. Come over, pay money to get a degree, get to stay and work. I don't think I am really against the idea. We would be talking mostly about people in fields that are useful I would imagine. I can't see many people coming here to get gender studies or social justice degrees.

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Yeah. Well. I think that's not possible. Candidates need to try to appeal to as many voters as possible. They're either going to lie, or lose. They're not rewarded for honesty except by those who agree with the thing they're being honest about.
    I know, I know. I am just in a ****y mood. Hanging out in the political section is probably not the best idea for today.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    2016 Trump: “I will end forever the use of the H-1B as a cheap labor program, and institute an absolute requirement to hire American workers first.”

2024 Trump: “I promise to staple a Green Card to anyone who graduates from ANY college, even 2-yr community colleges.”

Okay, so which statement is taken too literally? How is the 2024 position figurative? Isn't the better, more accurate position that Trump is just saying **** to get elected? And well, why not? Every politician does this. But then you'd have to admit that Trump is a politician, which you've earlier insisted he's not, as part of his status as the bestest candidate ever.

He became a politician as soon as he registered as a 2016 presidential candidate. But some of you guys could never admit that. He lied about promises then. He's lying about promises now. You just can't bring yourself to knowledge this. It's not a big deal. Politicians lie because it's a part of the game. The trick is to figure out when they're lying and when they're telling the truth.
    You realize they say different things to different groups? What was the track record? That is all I give a f*** about…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The left has long counted on conservatives holding their own to a higher standard and are skilled at getting them to eat their own. Which is a rephrasing of the post you quoted…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I think he says stuff because he doesn't have deeply held principles, just the desire for power. He just thinks aloud sometimes and has the charisma to pull it off. People don't love this New Yorker guy because he's a principled conservative.
    Agreed mostly. He does have deeply held principles, they may not be yours. His are in international relations such as, immigration, trade, war, and the like. He has been writing and discussing these topics since I first heard of him in the early 80’s…

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think he says stuff because he doesn't have deeply held principles, just the desire for power. He just thinks aloud sometimes and has the charisma to pull it off. People don't love this New Yorker guy because he's a principled conservative.
    Everyone has some deeply held principles. The issue is alignment.

rbhargan

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    Carmel/Liberty

Since the trial is over shouldn't the gag order be lifted?
    If it had been a legitimate trial, abiding by laws and conducted without malice and prejudice, then yes. But show trials are different and have their own rules. First and foremost is, the defendant is presumed guilty from the offset and they must never be allowed to point out the biased nature of the officials conducting the show trial.

Top Bottom