• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    We learned in high school, which is largely social practice for conducting oneself in the world, that a side cannot teach another side a lesson. It with few exceptions, it just causes escalating retaliation. It's the same thing here. Using lawfare against Democrats isn't going to make them decide to stop. It will make them do it more when they're in power.
    Incorrect. Allowing them to get away with it without consequences already makes them deploy it more and more often. Any increase in the practice when they're in power would be unnoticeable

You are paralleling the old argument that the death penalty doesn't discourage murder, but it actually does when applied swift and certain. High school should have taught you that if you beat the crap out of someone who is being a problem, they don't come after you again when they heal. They don't want it again because they know precisely what it will be like the next time

Your frequent advocacy for never rocking the boat is increasing my skepticism about you

rbhargan

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    Carmel/Liberty
    Incorrect. Allowing them to get away with it without consequences already makes them deploy it more and more often. Any increase in the practice when they're in power would be unnoticeable

You are paralleling the old argument that the death penalty doesn't discourage murder, but it actually does when applied swift and certain. High school should have taught you that if you beat the crap out of someone who is being a problem, they don't come after you again when they heal. They don't want it again because they know precisely what it will be like the next time

Your frequent advocacy for never rocking the boat is increasing my skepticism about you
    A bully who never faces serious consequences for their actions will just continue to bully.
    No one who has been executed has ever committed another crime.
    Most violent criminals are career criminals. Letting them get away with their actions only lets them victimize more innocent people.
    These are obvious truths, which for some reason, liberals fail to understand. Perhaps it is because they are the bullies, and recognize themselves as such.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Now every D is running comments on Trump bashing Milwaukee. Undisciplined bullshiting and self-inflicted wounds would be a hallmark of Trump.

Weren't you telling us not long ago that this was NOT what would happen? Not sure why to pay attention to the relentless dead-ender bull****

The list of your prognostication skills is the null set

P.S., I tried to pick a source you would approve of

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

:scratch:

Where did I say any of the things you've imagine I said? :dunno: Not doing lawfare is not the same thing as doing nothing, unless you lack imagination.

Here's my actual position. Conducting lawfare to lock up Trump's political enemies will not prevent Democrats from doing what they're doing next time they get the presidency. First, I don't think Trump could even get away with it. There's too much anti-Trump swamp for the pro-Trump swamp to pull off weaponizing the DOJ to the extent Democrats did. Second, Democrats would just escalate as soon as they're back in power.

But, as I said before the best case would be if these people who weaponized government against Trump and others were prosecuted and convicted in a fair trial. I think you underestimate the power of public opinion and especially who controls it. Trump does not control it. But I will say he's better at it than CoC republicans.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    A bully who never faces serious consequences for their actions will just continue to bully.
    No one who has been executed has ever committed another crime.
    Most violent criminals are career criminals. Letting them get away with their actions only lets them victimize more innocent people.
    These are obvious truths, which for some reason, liberals fail to understand. Perhaps it is because they are the bullies, and recognize themselves as such.
    Executing murderers for crimes is 100% effective against recidivism. Punishing crime is way more effective than not punishing crime. The point I made was against attempting lawfare in the same way that it's been wielded against Trump. I'm all for prosecuting those who've waged lawfare against political enemies with maximum penalties for everyone convicted.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Elites. People with way too much money/power/influence. Who owns the media? We can start there.
    Ah, that part I know, but what confused me is that public opinion seems to be pro-Trump and anti-Biden. What the media presents does not. At least that's how I see it. Maybe it's just me. But it seems like more and more that the "emperor (emperor being media) has no clothes". I'd like to think that more people are starting to "believe their lying eyes".

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Ah, that part I know, but what confused me is that public opinion seems to be pro-Trump and anti-Biden. What the media presents does not. At least that's how I see it. Maybe it's just me. But it seems like more and more that the "emperor (emperor being media) has no clothes". I'd like to think that more people are starting to "believe their lying eyes".
    Public opinion I think is shifting maybe, but if polls mean anything, RCP have them pretty even now. Control the media and you control public opinion. If Democrats didn't control the media this wouldn't even be close.

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel

Weren't you telling us not long ago that this was NOT what would happen? Not sure why to pay attention to the relentless dead-ender bull****

The list of your prognostication skills is the null set

P.S., I tried to pick a source you would approve of

I should follow Truth Social and put MAGA blinders on. Only believe good news for Trump, aye. It hasn't been a huge move, prob because the trial was non-sense and Biden is chasing his shadow and likely ******** his pants, but as I projected, we see him called Felon as often as possible in ads and on left-wing news and some* (CBS-You-Gov) polling has shown a swing in independents towards Biden. The only case with meat in it is the Florida document case, IMO. I think that one is successfully punted. None of this has to do with his undisciplined and idiotic comments about the host city for the convention and its tight state. I also think the Trump nonsense explains why Biden is at a low for approval ratings, and Trump isn't surging ahead further. I mean, the Dems are doing everything they can to help him out right now. But I'll take my record for accuracy here any day.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I should follow Truth Social and put MAGA blinders on. Only believe good news for Trump, aye. It hasn't been a huge move, prob because the trial was non-sense and Biden is chasing his shadow and likely ******** his pants, but as I projected, we see him called Felon as often as possible in ads and on left-wing news and some* (CBS-You-Gov) polling has shown a swing in independents towards Biden. The only case with meat in it is the Florida document case, IMO. I think that one is successfully punted. None of this has to do with his undisciplined and idiotic comments about the host city for the convention and its tight state. I also think the Trump nonsense explains why Biden is at a low for approval ratings, and Trump isn't surging ahead further. I mean, the Dems are doing everything they can to help him out right now. But I'll take my record for accuracy here any day.
    You keep saying the same things said about elections thirty to fifty years ago with no acknowledgement that this election is a battle for the direction of the country, quite possibly permanently. The electorate is recognizing this.

There are no such things as “independents” just washed out dems hiding the way they usually vote until it hits their wallet too deep…

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    You keep saying the same things said about elections thirty to fifty years ago with no acknowledgement that this election is a battle for the direction of the country, quite possibly permanently. The electorate is recognizing this.

There are no such things as “independents” just washed out dems hiding the way they usually vote until it hits their wallet too deep…
    There are people who voted for Trump and then voted for Biden. To win the direction of the country, we need to win them back. Being stupid does not win them back.

Here's a headline for you to chew on. Glad to see Trump's gun control invalidated.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Don't forget to take off your TDS blinders before you put on the MAGA ones, otherwise you won't be able to see anything

I'm just commenting on how, according to you, no good news for Trump is ever REALLY good news. Like the arrow of time, the arrow of HKFan analysis only ever points in one direction

[Insert appeal to authority fallacy claim, bolstered by how many campaigns you testify you have worked on, HERE]

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    Don't forget to take off your TDS blinders before you put on the MAGA ones, otherwise you won't be able to see anything

I'm just commenting on how, according to you, no good news for Trump is ever REALLY good news. Like the arrow of time, the arrow of HKFan analysis only ever points in one direction

[Insert appeal to authority fallacy claim, bolstered by how many campaigns you testify you have worked on, HERE]
    I would argue that Biden's consistently demonstrating a lack of competency has served Trump well. The Hamas caucus is helping Trump. He seems to have found a legal team that is at least semi-capable. The three VP choices I hear of are sane and qualified. Virginia appears to be in play, which is awesome and probably should be given some credit to Youngkin. I will vote for Trump, but I want him to do better and win. I'm not cheering against him. I despise Biden.
    I've done PAC work for elections (digital strategy, comms), not campaign work. Slightly different.

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    There is very much such things as "Independents". And we have seen this country go the same direction no mater what party is in charge. Me myself I hate republicans a whole lot less than I do democrats. So no washed up dem here. Plus I refuse to follow any political party off of a cliff because I believe both parties have been bought by the same people. What we the people see is pure political theater. However seeing the hate from both sides towards Trump is a sign to me that he isn't playing their games. Voting has always been figuring out who the more corrupt candidate is and voting for the other. Now I will admit that I have refused to vote for any dem since before obama. But that doesn't mean I have voted straight republican either. Just know that there are independents and we are more angry than vocal.

Top Bottom