• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • INPatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    God's Country
    The Democrats have wised up and turned toward the center to soak up the disenfranchised; I don't expect that to change. I expect them to keep silent on BLM, trans rights, defund the police, etc.

What the post Trump GOP looks like is harder to see Who will step into the vacuum?

Most of them like Pence are already had-beens in terms of their political career, and by openly endorsing Kamala they've completely ostracized themselves, so they certainly aren't doing it for they're own ambitions. I truly believe they are doing it for the good of the party and the country as they see it.

Others may disagree with their views, but I believe they are altruistic.

Romney failed to ignite the base and was facing a popular incumbent. 2014 saw a win for the GOP, so yes I think we were on the right path.

I'm general, Banks, Young, Holcolm, on a presidential level, maybe Haley, Cruz

Is like to see us get back to pro-life, steering foreign policy, anti-decificit, and be in to win.

I feel betrayed on pro-life issues, and even what I thought were anti-abortion have so quickly thrown it by the wayside when Trump did.

On the last point, we can't win by constantly shrinking. This One True Scotsman GOP will never work. This TDS RINO nonsense will only serve to shrink the party down to hard-line idealist with no pragmatism.

Is like to get back to a place where politicians could reach across the isle to make good changes. Now we politicians who seemingly only care about how they score on Twitter.

For example immigration, instead of working to solve it now, we've used it as cudgel to get Trump back. Look at how much he talks about immigration and tell me he didn't spend the last four years trying to obstruct any progress on that issue.

Much appreciated.
    Thank you.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    One more thing: The GOP needs to stop vilifying immigrants.

Immigrants are more conservative and more Christian than native born Americans.

This xenophobia only serves to weaken the party in the long run.
    In my opinion, the GOP isn't vilifiying (legal) immigrants.
    Foreign invading, criminal, sneaking across the boarder, illegal immigrants yes, as should anyone.
    I don't care who or from where someone is from as long as they come here legally, learns the language and doesn't try to change our country into what they left.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Ok it's a state issue Hooray! It's a GWB "Mission Accomplished" carrier moment.

But what happens when abortions keep rising? Was the objective to overturn Roe or reduce abortions?

We have red states get the sticks, but will the GOP get some carrots?
    I don't like abortion
    But just like I don't want the fed telling me what firearms I can or can not have, the fed doesn't need to be involved in abortion.
    Leave it to the states where the people can choose to elect people with their same beliefs

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Ok it's a state issue Hooray! It's a GWB "Mission Accomplished" carrier moment.

But what happens when abortions keep rising? Was the objective to overturn Roe or reduce abortions?

We have red states get the sticks, but will the GOP get some carrots?
    So you want it to be controlled by the central state. I do not. I think the federal government should have less power, not more.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Silly question. Your definition of election security is extreme.
    You don’t believe it is extreme that those with the responsibility of collecting and counting votes should ensure that there is only one legally cast vote per person? And further that is the highest order above all others including the convenience of any particular group of people?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    You don’t believe it is extreme that those with the responsibility of collecting and counting votes should ensure that there is only one legally cast vote per person? And further that is the highest order above all others including the convenience of any particular group of people?
    That is not what you are advocating, and you know it. Please explain how our current absentee procedure fails to address any of that.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Simple question: Do you think that any group of voters should trump election security?

To mail in a vote, you have to follow the absentee ballot process. I think it's more robust than most state's system of mail-in. I plan to avail myself of early absentee in-person voting. Which sounds oxymoronic.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    What the post Trump GOP looks like is harder to see Who will step into the vacuum?
    My prediction is that it will go back to being the party of perpetual Washington Generals of politics. A role that establishment Republicans love. A party that honorary residents of Carmel pine for a return to. The simpler days when Republicans posed for campaign photos holding rifles wrong to signal their fake support in gun rights. When they send letters to constituents explaining how they need your money to fight for family values, while voting against them in congress.

They don't want to win. They want to occupy an office and pretend that they're standing against Democrats. They want to make video clips of themselves owning the libs on c-span because they talk harshly to deep state officials and judicial nominees in congressional hearings. If the RNC drops an America First agenda and reverts to their feckless selves, I am done with them. And done with voting because obviously it would not have helped anything.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm general, Banks, Young, Holcolm, on a presidential level, maybe Haley, Cruz

Okay, so you want the Washington Generals back. With the exception of possibly Cruz, they all want to spend your money on endless wars. Why not put America First? **** globalism. But anyway, you'll never get your George W Bush back.

Top Bottom