• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Does the HOA board instruct their volunteers to act like raging maniacs and stalk the homeowner, sticking their face in their doorbell cameras? Seems like a registered letter might be the way to go instead.
    I was on an HOA board years ago. I got on the board to vote **** you on everything. I lasted a year. But it was a good year for **** you.

There was a resident who built a 6’ privacy fence but with the “ugly side” (term used by the president Karen) out. So the board voted on whether to send a strongly worded letter telling her she has to have her fence disassembled and have the “ugly side” in. I voted **** you on that. Long story short, after lawyers got involved, the lady never “fixed” it. The Karens were pissed. A win for the good guys.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Jesus Christ, Mike. Is everything a call to battle for you? Listen to the HOA guy's rant. Pay attention to how he pronounces the word "abide". Look at my post. See how I spelled "abide" to lampoon his pronunciation. Look up the word "sarcasm". Relax.

You be you, but personally, I would hate to go through life always looking for an affront. I would think that it would suck just trying to keep track of all the outrages. All imo, of course.
    Wait. You mean he’s looking for reasons to be offended? Hold on man. You’re certainly not saying he’s a ….

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    I was on an HOA board years ago. I got on the board to vote **** you on everything. I lasted a year. But it was a good year for **** you.

There was a resident who built a 6’ privacy fence but with the “ugly side” (term used by the president Karen) out. So the board voted on whether to send a strongly worded letter telling her she has to have her fence disassembled and have the “ugly side” in. I voted **** you on that. Long story short, after lawyers got involved, the lady never “fixed” it. The Karens were pissed. A win for the good guys.
    I would have loved to be a fly on the wall for those meetings, Jamil!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I would have loved to be a fly on the wall for those meetings, Jamil!
    Honestly I didn’t say much. I usually stayed quiet in meetings. But I voted against whatever the head Karen wanted. Of course that was way before the label “Karen” came about. Didn’t argue with them. Just voted no. Usually.

One of my final **** you votes was against the change in the bylaws explicitly stating that the poles on privacy fences have to be on the inside of the fence.

I think my favorite was voting yes to increase the liability insurance for the HOA and then voting no on the dues increase to pay for it. :):

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

What did the legal documents say? That is the final authority. If they did not address the issue in the covenants then the homeowner was in the right if not the HOA was. That simple. I have zero respect for anyone that agrees to a contract and fails to follow their agreement and even less for those that no only agree to a contract but join a board to subvert the legal processes. A guy like that sounds like the jerk politicians you complain about…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Jesus Christ, Mike. Is everything a call to battle for you? Listen to the HOA guy's rant. Pay attention to how he pronounces the word "abide". Look at my post. See how I spelled "abide" to lampoon his pronunciation. Look up the word "sarcasm". Relax.

You be you, but personally, I would hate to go through life always looking for an affront. I would think that it would suck just trying to keep track of all the outrages. All imo, of course.
    You guys are a trip. If the offender was sued but no one tried to have a simple discussion the complaint would be they never even tried. All we have is a video with no context. That you guys cannot envision an HOA board member having to attempt to talk to the offender before going to legal action and the lack of empathy for volunteers that have to do it is amazing.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    You guys are a trip. If the offender was sued but no one tried to have a simple discussion the complaint would be they never even tried. All we have is a video with no context. That you guys cannot envision an HOA board member having to attempt to talk to the offender before going to legal action and the lack of empathy for volunteers that have to do it is amazing.
    Did you read what you quoted? I was mocking his pronunciation of "AVIDE"

OK, that is all.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Honestly I didn’t say much. I usually stayed quiet in meetings. But I voted against whatever the head Karen wanted. Of course that was way before the label “Karen” came about. Didn’t argue with them. Just voted no. Usually.

One of my final **** you votes was against the change in the bylaws explicitly stating that the poles on privacy fences have to be on the inside of the fence.

I think my favorite was voting yes to increase the liability insurance for the HOA and then voting no on the dues increase to pay for it. :):
    Why did you voluntarily agree to a contract you clearly do not want to follow and join a board you clean had no intention of supporting?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    What did the legal documents say? That is the final authority. If they did not address the issue in the covenants then the homeowner was in the right if not the HOA was. That simple. I have zero respect for anyone that agrees to a contract and fails to follow their agreement and even less for those that no only agree to a contract but join a board to subvert the legal processes. A guy like that sounds like the jerk politicians you complain about…
    The bylaws said, among other things, that fences had to be approved by the board. Nothing in the bylaws said that the poles couldn’t be on the outside. It was mostly about height, distance from easements, materials, no vinyl, etcetera. The board approved the fence but they said the plan they approved did not make it clear that the posts would be on the outside. Otherwise they wouldn’t have approved it. I’d have voted yes to the fence either way. I always voted in favor of the homeowners.

Anyway, as I recall, after the board sent the strongly worded letter to the homeowner, her lawyer sent a strongly worded letter back. And the board kinda dropped it. Win for homeowners, loss for Karens.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Does the HOA board instruct their volunteers to act like raging maniacs and stalk the homeowner, sticking their face in their doorbell cameras? Seems like a registered letter might be the way to go instead.
    The board are the volunteers. And if you have never had to go tell a stranger that just moved into their new house that they must remove the chain link fence they just paid to install and install a wooden fence in its place you cannot understand the stress.

Many boards will hide behind the registered letters but some like to make contact first to try to resolve things like adults without the neighborhood absorbing legal fees for letters. The guy did seem overly emotional.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The board are the volunteers. And if you have never had to go tell a stranger that just moved into their new house that they must remove the chain link fence they just paid to install and install a wooden fence in its place you cannot understand the stress.

Many boards will hide behind the registered letters but some like to make contact first to try to resolve things like adults without the neighborhood absorbing legal fees for letters. The guy did seem overly emotional.
    Yeah, he was not trying to resolve things like an adult. More like a 3 year old that didn't get his way.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Why did you voluntarily agree to a contract you clearly do not want to follow and join a board you clean had no intention of supporting?
    Because (and I’m thankful to this generation for giving us a label for these awful people) Karens suck and need to lose. By the way, I did not vote against bylaws except when we voted to change them to be more against homeowners.

But really, isn’t that the saying? Be the change you want? I wanted our board to be less evil. Less Karen. Less intrusive. I voted in favor of homeowners. That’s who I was elected to represent. In my section of the neighborhood, they asked me to vote against dues increases and overstepping authority, and that’s what I did. I was absolutely NOT there to represent the board.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

The guy was a Karen. Letters work better. And in the case of the backwards fence, it gave the homeowner the option of having her attorney tell the HOA to **** off. The HOA had to **** off because the bylaws didn’t spell it out and the HOA architectural committee, which was the only committee I was on, approved the fence plan. The head Karen wanted to pursue it legally but the rest of the board said we couldn’t afford it. A magnificent loss for the HOA. A win for the homeowners.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Because (and I’m thankful to this generation for giving us a label for these awful people) Karens suck and need to lose. By the way, I did not vote against bylaws except when we voted to change them to be more against homeowners.

But really, isn’t that the saying? Be the change you want? I wanted our board to be less evil. Less Karen. Less intrusive. I voted in favor of homeowners. That’s who I was elected to represent. In my section of the neighborhood, they asked me to vote against dues increases and overstepping authority, and that’s what I did. I was absolutely NOT there to represent the board.
    But don't you know if you're on the board you are supposed to represent the board and not the homeowners. Get out there and start shoving your unhinged face in ring doorbell cameras.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The guy was a Karen. Letters work better. And in the case of the backwards fence, it gave the homeowner the option of having her attorney tell the HOA to **** off. The HOA had to **** off because the bylaws didn’t spell it out and the HOA architectural committee, which was the only committee I was on, approved the fence plan. The head Karen wanted to pursue it legally but the rest of the board said we couldn’t afford it. A magnificent loss for the HOA. A win for the homeowners.
    It was not a loss for the HOA because they lost nothing they did not already have, it was a failure to gain…

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It was not a loss for the HOA because they lost nothing they did not already have, it was a failure to gain…
    No. The Karens lost the spat. As they should. The head Karen was especially salty when the rest of the board did not want to pursue it. Her home was adjacent to the lady whose fence posts she had to look at. :lmfao:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    But don't you know if you're on the board you are supposed to represent the board and not the homeowners. Get out there and start shoving your unhinged face in ring doorbell cameras.
    What are our federal house of representatives supposed to represent first and foremost? The constitution. If a homeowner wants to have a strip club in his house dors the rep represent them or the covenants? One point of the board is to ensure the covenants that everyone agreed to are followed.

Don't want to follow covenants, don’t join an HOA.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    No. The Karens lost the spat. As they should. The head Karen was especially salty when the rest of the board did not want to pursue it. Her home was adjacent to the lady whose fence posts she had to look at. :lmfao:
    The HOA lost nothing, sounds like a personal vendetta was lost by one person…

Top Bottom