• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Please show your work here. You guys are still living in the past and buying the narrative. Trump posts very little of the kind of stuff he did 5-6 years ago…
    One of his last tweets... midnight Central, 1 am DC time:

1704386358428.png

Interesting THAT is what you took issue with, that somehow late, late night random tweets: weren't a thing

Editted to Add: I would disagree... DeSantis and Abbot are within a gnat *** of Trump on policy... don't shy away from slapping down progs/wokes... and have proven to be much more effective and don't tilt at every windmill... and build governing coalitions to enact policies into legislation. Plus they have proven positive coattails... Trump has failed miserably on this count.

Let alone tweets at 3 am, lol!

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    I already explained why no one is Trump and has his capabilities…
    Well, I was pointing out those that are competent in certail areas, like getting things done, that are areas he has proven himself incompetent...

But yeah, he doesn't tweet in the middle of the night anymore is the hill you choose out of that list. :scratch:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Well, I was pointing out those that are competent in certail areas, like getting things done, that are areas he has proven himself incompetent...

But yeah, he doesn't tweet in the middle of the night anymore is the hill you choose out of that list. :scratch:
    Please list the republican president and their accomplishments that exceed what Trump did?

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Please list the republican president and their accomplishments that exceed what Trump did?
    I listed my criticisms... you picked "tweets at 3 am".... so I'll recap, for one, HUUUUGELY negative coattails.

Is there a modern Republican President with worse coattails? I don't think so.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    do you mean we need to change federal election laws, or do you mean we need to federalize state election laws?

If you mean federal, what is the top change to federal election laws that you would like to see happen?
    I have no idea, I openly claim to be ignorant of law; I cannot compete any of y’all. Saying this, I truly do not understand how there is seemingly a wide range of differences for federal elections.

I do understand how the law could be (would be) abused.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I could stop there, but won't because... well OCD, lol!

You also ignore voter population growth and VOTER PARTICIPATION.

In '08 with 146.3M registered voters and 61.6% voter participation, Obama received 69.5M votes.

In '20 with 168.3M registered voters (22.1M more registered voters) and 66.6% voter participation, Biden received 81.3M votes.
    Something seems ... odd ... about your numbers

168.3 million registered voters and 66.6% voter participation would seem to indicate there would be a total of 168.3(.666) = 112.1 million total votes cast

Then you say Biden got 81.3 million. That would appear to leave only 30.8 million votes available for anyone else, but we know Trump got 74.2 million :dunno:

Put another way, Biden's supposed 81.3 million + Trumps 74.2 million = 155.5 million total votes for just those two candidates

That would be 155.5 ÷ 168.3 = 92.4% voter participation for just those two candidates, which doesn't add up

Did you perhaps mean OCDM (Operator Can't Do Math)

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    That's pretty much what I was getting at before when I said that we'll see what happens in a court of law if and when both firms are called to testify on their analysis and how it holds up and I do believe they will be called to testify by the prosecution. I also said that if it doen'st hold up and Trump's legal team wins the evidentiary presentation I will accept that.
    I've got two points to make and for brevity I'll make them both here because the ideas are sort of related. Only the second is related to your post, KG

Earlier, jamil was nattering about extra due diligence needed for ideological sources. Upon careful, even jamilian consideration, I can't think of ANY sources anymore that are not ideological. Perhaps he could name the one(s) he has in mind

Then IMO, the same caveat somewhat applies to your post. We've seen that there a few, and possibly no, non-ideological courts. I would not automatically accept something as fact just because a 'court of law' in NYC or ATL said so. I believe they have adequately demonstrated that they are after a conviction and not the truth

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I've got two points to make and for brevity I'll make them both here because the ideas are sort of related. Only the second is related to your post, KG

Earlier, jamil was nattering about extra due diligence needed for ideological sources. Upon careful, even jamilian consideration, I can't think of ANY sources anymore that are not ideological. Perhaps he could name the one(s) he has in mind

Then IMO, the same caveat somewhat applies to your post. We've seen that there a few, and possibly no, non-ideological courts. I would not automatically accept something as fact just because a 'court of law' in NYC or ATL said so. I believe they have adequately demonstrated that they are after a conviction and not the truth
    I get that Bug and you are correct. If I was privy to the evidentiary testimony from both sides, I would decide honestly speaking for myself who I thought had the more credible testimony and did the better job. But since it won't likely be televised it's hard to get it.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That you believe there are any sources that are not ideologically based is so quaint...
    That you would say that's what I said is just what you do. I've posted a lot on media bias and such. I don't think I've ever said there are news outlets are unbiased. Some are more and some are less biased. But I don't think some of you guys accept that because you tend to frame things as black and white.

Here's the thing. Bias is a spectrum of more or less. The hill is much less biased than, say, GWP. Politico is center-left. Mother Jones is far left. They don't have the same magnitude of bias. Also, different outlets have biases about different things. In terms of absolute magnitude of bias, I would say that Fox News, is as far right as CNN is left. But, Fox News' right bias is towards the CoC/Neocon grifter political class. CNN is just plain ClownWorld™.

So, in terms of how trustworthy they are, if you know their bias, if they're reporting on something that's outside their bias, it's probably more likely to be true than if it directly hits their bias. If they report something that is inline with their bias, probably not as reliable. I've said all this before. This is what I actually think. So reflect that instead of what you want me to have thought.

Top Bottom