• ...and so much more!
  • HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    Ir
    Did we have a problem with early voting or was it mail in voting?
    I didn't like mail in voting still don't.
    I've early voted before, and may do so this year.
    I've also voted early absentee. Both require state ID.

Indiana has mail in voting. Is there ID requirement for mail in voting?
    last time- both. MAGA had this grand idea that your vote only counts on election day. Long lines and BS made it hard to rally on the last day. Dems wiped the floor on early voting last two cycles. Yes-IN has id verification on mail in voting. Try it.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Ir

last time- both. MAGA had this grand idea that your vote only counts on election day. Long lines and BS made it hard to rally on the last day. Dems wiped the floor on early voting last two cycles. Yes-IN has id verification on mail in voting. Try it.
    Indiana also has inaccurate voter rolls. A foundation of voter fraud. I just had to contact our County this week and fix one of those for an individual still listed as an Indiana resident, who now resides in another State.

Personally I like early voting, especially if we are not going to have a national voting holiday which is strictly enforced.

Due to what appears to have occurred last time however; I am also an advocate for single day voting, after substantiating your citizenship and residency, and sticking your finger in an inkwell. NO Mail ballots, just traveling election officers.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Indiana also has inaccurate voter rolls. A foundation of voter fraud. I just had to contact our County this week and fix one of those for an individual still listed as an Indiana resident, who now resides in another State.

Personally I like early voting, especially if we are not going to have a national voting holiday which is strictly enforced.

Due to what appears to have occurred last time however; I am also an advocate for single day voting, after substantiating your citizenship and residency, and sticking your finger in an inkwell. NO Mail ballots, just traveling election officers.
    How are soldiers deployed overseas supposed to vote?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Always the red herring argument. Perfect is the enemy of good enough. I doubt most civil war soldiers were able to vote. Not everything can be perfect, what about those that are sick? The soldiers point to not secure elections is old and tired. Secure it!

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Always the red herring argument. Perfect is the enemy of good enough. I doubt most civil war soldiers were able to vote. Not everything can be perfect, what about those that are sick? The soldiers point to not secure elections is old and tired. Secure it!
    We can deploy and secure classified information and Burger Kings to warzones, we can deploy voting booths if we really want to.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    We can deploy and secure classified information and Burger Kings to warzones, we can deploy voting booths if we really want to.
    But are they secure is the million dollar question. I once read about ten years ago that the military ballots were often never even processed if there were no elections that the numbers of military ballots would swing. Not sure what state or areas this was.

Security First, must be the manta, figure everything else after that.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Traveling election officers.

Each State can qualify and deputize one or more members of the military to execute the traveling board (say the members of the Joint Chief of the Staff), then let the chain of command do it's thing so those that are deputized by the State as election board Representatives then have a direct responsibility to each States laws, separate from their military service.

Military members frankly, are the least of our worries.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    In the 1864 election most Union states allowed their soldiers to vote absentee from camp. States with racist (Democrat) legislature (like Indiana :( )refused to allow it, so most commanding officers allowed these men a week to return home to vote. Lincoln won in a landslide.

I don't know nor give a **** what the pro-slavery racist south did.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Each state, sends people to each ... what?

I don't even see how that is remotely possible.
    To every vessel? To every outpost, even if it's manned by 8 people?
    And then you're not going to send a person, because there is no 'verification'. So you'll need to send what? Four?
    And each State needs to do this?
    I'm sure that won't cost hundreds of millions.

And the military vote doesn't matter? Well, I'm sure that will get the men with the guns on the side of "democracy/republic".
    All the other stuff they give up, let's take away their voice too.
    I'm SURE that won't have negative consequences.

Top Bottom