• ...and so much more!
  • SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Care to play? What time do I start the diesel?

Edit
    I have to call my kid and ask him where those giant Roman Candles are at.
    Why do you hate freedom? Got to **** on other peoples parade because we like something different. It's used to be that people respected differences and were polite. Now we are forced to watch our backs because some smooth brained bully likes to run people off "his"road. Bring your diesel and bring your fireworks and act like a spoiled child having a tantrum. It will only show that you never grew up.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Why do you hate freedom? Got to **** on other peoples parade because we like something different. It's used to be that people respected differences and were polite. Now we are forced to watch our backs because some smooth brained bully likes to run people off "his"road. Bring your diesel and bring your fireworks and act like a spoiled child having a tantrum. It will only show that you never grew up.
    Would it have been better if I used purple?
    Sorry I ruined your Black Panther Party.

Fun fact, I've never rolled on anyone that didn't earn it, nor have I ever run anyone off the road my friend. I ride motorcycles...
    Maybe tomorrow when you wake up you can put on a morebetter fun shirt so you can be morebetter funner then.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Bike path is far too dangerous, there are errant leaves and at least 1 twig.
    Exactly. And that pavement looks a LOT rougher than the road pavement!
    The left says “you can have guns, they must just stay at the shooting range, and that is the freedom your 2nd amendment gives you, nobody needs to carry a gun“. Road bike riders have the same kind freedom you want for guns. Why do you post like you want to restrict their freedoms?

No one in that pic is doing anything wrong. Runners are running on the pedestrian trail. Trail riders are using the bike lane for their uses and road riders are riding single file to the right of the lane on, ready for it, the road.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    The left says “you can have guns, they must just stay at the shooting range, and that is the freedom your 2nd amendment gives you, nobody needs to carry a gun“. Road bike riders have the same kind freedom you want for guns. Why do you post like you want to restrict their freedoms?

No one in that pic is doing anything wrong. Runners are running on the pedestrian trail. Trail riders are using the bike lane for their uses and road riders are riding single file to the right of the lane on, ready for it, the road.
    Just seems counter intuitive to ride on what appears to be a fairly heavily trafficked road when there is a perfectly good multi use path IMMEDIATELY to their right. Of course I don't see the distinction between "trail" riders and "road bike" riders. If they put a stripe down the middle of the multi-use path and designated it road bike only would that help?

I don't deny their right to ride on the road, especially when they, as you have pointed out, are being considerate enough to ride single file. AND I get that even single file, the WHOLE lane, stripe to stripe, or edge to road center, in the case of a two-lane road, is theirs.

Although not a TRUE rider, the wife and I do ride out in the country around our house so I've seen the worst behavior from both sides.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana

Road Riders :bash:, funniest thing I've heard all year.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Many bike paths have speed limits of 15 or under, it's possible they want to ride faster.
    You’re talking about a dedicated bike trail like the Monon. no speed limit I’m aware of in dedicated bike lanes on streets.

There are speed limits on the trails since they are multiuse and shared with walkers, rollerbladers, and bicyclists.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Nothing worse than one of those "radar traps" on a bike path. You would think the police would have something better to do!
    You deal with the Stroller Nazis.

Meh…you’re allowed 5-10MPH over usually. 25MPH sustained seems like a pretty good speed for a bike to me. ;)
    Yeah, you think 25 mph is good until you see a Pro Rider doing that and more on a climb ...

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    You deal with the Stroller Nazis.

Yeah, you think 25 mph is good until you see a Pro Rider doing that and more on a climb ...
    So now we have trail riders, road riders and pro riders? :faint: Shouldn't they each have their own designated riding places? I mean think about it. There are "trail drivers" in souped up off-road vehicles that don't drive the on the public streets. And we have "pro drivers" that don't drive their race cars on public streets. And then we have "road drivers" that you know... drive on public streets. Why wouldn't it be the same for cyclists? :)

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    So now we have trail riders, road riders and pro riders? :faint: Shouldn't they each have their own designated riding places? I mean think about it. There are "trail drivers" in souped up off-road vehicles that don't drive the on the public streets. And we have "pro drivers" that don't drive their race cars on public streets. And then we have "road drivers" that you know... drive on public streets. Why wouldn't it be the same for cyclists? :)
    ?????

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Yeah, my truck will drive much faster than 55. But many of the roads designated for my truck have speed limits that that restrict my freedom.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Do they allow F1 cars to race in NASCAR, etc, etc, etc. Your point being?
    My point being that F1 cars, NASCAR etc., etc., etc., all race on tracks. "Roads" if you will, that are specifically designed for them. If you contend that cyclists and motor vehicles should share the road, then shouldn't the Tour de France course be open to motor vehicle traffic while the race is going on?

Top Bottom