• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    One way Trump could create a disagreement would be if it was a Secretary of State who certified the electors and not the legislature and trump could get the legislature to raise an objection, possibly in light of any evidence of shenanigans he or others might produce. The legislature may have delegated such authority to the SoS (but could reclaim it) or perhaps the SoS had been doing so in the past without the express delegated authority from the legislature (the situation in PA, I believe although there it would be secretary of the commonwealth)

And is everyone clear on the fact that each candidate picks his own slate of electors before the election? The idea of 'false electors' is a bit misleading, as if Trump came up with them after the election. The two slates of electors exist early on and then the winning candidate submits his list to the controlling authority to be certified. Trump would have had an existing slate of electors and was just trying to create the right circumstances whereby there could be a dispute about which slate was legitimate - sort of like getting opposing verdicts on the same issue from different appellate courts is a short cut to review by SCOTUS
    I would be willing to stipulate to your point about Trump's electors. With that being said I would say they became "invalid" instead when the tallies were tabulated in the State legislature and officially certified then submitted to congress.

IMO where Trump went wrong is when they tried to submit their "invalid" slate to Congress. So maybe I would say invalid instead of false if that's agreeable to you.

Keep in mind I'm not trying to get personal about this discussion, I know sometimes certain members try to make it personal.

I'm just trying to hash out differing opinions.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I would stipulate to your point about Trump's electors. Regardless of that I would say they became "invalid" when the tallies were tabulated in the State legislature and officially certified then submitted to congress.

IMO where Trump went wrong is when they tried to submit their "invalid" slate to Congress. So maybe I would say invalid instead of false if that's agreeable to you.

Keep in mind I'm not trying to get personal about this discussion, I know sometimes certain members try to make it personal.

I'm just trying to hash out differing opinions.
    Perfectly, and I agree with you. Where he went wrong was in trying to create a disagreement about certified electors where none existed. I do think he was hoping up until the last minute he could generate some such. when he could not is when he should have given the idea up

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Perfectly, and I agree with you. Where he went wrong was in trying to create a disagreement about certified electors where none existed. I do think he was hoping up until the last minute he could generate some such. when he could not is when he should have given the idea up
    I can live with this. I think we have reached the rare middle ground. If I may respectfully borrow a phrase in closing.

D'accord..

Last edited:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Its like the Spirit of Christmas :)

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Well, how that plays out, it’s been escalated to the point where a Blue state partisan **** has just unilaterally pulled Trump from the ballot. Courts should slap that down. But, at this point I think it’s time to make them live in the world they propose by having Red state SoS’s pull Biden from their ballot.

But it’s harder for people to get the right message when it’s red states doing it because corporate media would definitely uphold the Blue, and marginalize the Red.

It doesn't matter what the people think ultimately, this is a matter of scaring those further up the foodchain about the consequences.

Remember how everyone was scared of using the nuclear option, because it would snowball with both sides using it? That's the path towards getting us back to normal, generating circumstances that cause the opponent to cooperate rather than act unilaterally. It requires doing things that may feel morally wrong to you, but because the ends are so vital to our national interests and stability, it's necessary.

It does not matter how the media spins it, there's plenty of things they can cry all day about yet can't do anything about. A good example would be if we took the presidency and congress, to expand the courts and force through extremely far right candidates until the left is willing to compromise and cooperate. They'll whine and fight at first, just like we do, but eventually they'll be faced with the choice of becoming irrelevant or coming back to the table with some humility. The point is, you have to stand firm and hold out until they break.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    when the tallies were tabulated in the State legislature and officially certified then submitted to congress.
    I do not think that happens in many states.

The legislature directs the manner and the SOS certifies the election was completed as the legislature directed. The legislature does not usually act any further, as I understand it…

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I do not think that happens in many states.

The legislature directs the manner and the SOS certifies the election was completed as the legislature directed. The legislature does not usually act any further, as I understand it…
    You could be right. Even so there were no objections in the legislatures that I know of on the way they were tallied then certified by whomever and officially submitted to Congress so in essence by way of no objection to the final tally the cert would be valid. I would think.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Tried it. Couldn't get it to work.
    What? Just highlight the text you want tealed then teal it. Open the color picker, and in the box below the color palette there’s a textbox. Just copy the following including the pound sign:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    What? Just highlight the text you want tealed then teal it. Open the color picker, and in the box below the color palette there’s a textbox. Just copy the following including the pound sign:

I believe that’s what I did, tried a couple times. No bueno.

I highlighted the text then went to the palate and pasted the code you gave me and hit ok.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I believe that’s what I did, tried a couple times. No bueno.

Two things. Make sure the text you want to change stays highlighted. If you’re on a phone it can sometimes become unhighlighted when you open up the kabob menu where the color widget is.

Then make sure you copied the pound sign along with the number.

Or. I don’t remember if there’s a selector to switch between RGB notation or the hex number with the pound sign. Can you screenshot what the color palette widget looks like when it’s open? Sorry for the tech support sort of vibe here.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Two things. Make sure the text you want to change stays highlighted. If you’re on a phone it can sometimes become unhighlighted when you open up the kabob menu where the color widget is.

Then make sure you copied the pound sign along with the number.

Or. I don’t remember if there’s a selector to switch between RGB notation or the hex number with the pound sign. Can you screenshot what the color palette widget looks like when it’s open? Sorry for the tech support sort of vibe here.
    Yeah I highlighted the text and went to the palate the way I always do and it works when I change to a standard color. Just having a hard time getting it to change with a custom code.

I usually Ingo on my PC. I’m on my cell now. Maybe I’ll try to fool with it again tomorrow on my PC.

Thanks for the attempted help anyway.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Now that I have the color code down, I just need to hack Bug's account and post evil things like DeSantis rocks!

1703957721451.png

Top Bottom