• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    He did. He rejected your fraudulently chosen electors that your team tried to submit.
    Wait, what? You can't just meet in the basement and select your own Presidential Electors?

Pretty sure the Constitution says you can!

Pretty sure a pre-eminent constitutional scholar that says so.
    :lmfao:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    “While 160 million people might vote in this November’s election, only about 50,000 voters spread throughout a new battleground map consisting of Pennsylvania, Georgia, Arizona, Nevada, and Wisconsin, will decide the next occupant of the White House.”

“For the “never-Trump” or the “Trump-reluctant” Republicans, it might be fun to imagine someone else like Nikki Haley or Ron DeSantis winning the GOP nomination. But according to pretty much every national poll, including our own, the likelihood to someone other than Trump securing the GOP nomination is as likely as Senator John Fetterman wanting to wear wearing a suit to work.”

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    To play tit for tat, the same way it works in the wild, the same way geopolitics work, the same way evolution works.

If the left will burn down the courts for opposing them, then the right must be ready and willing to present the same level of escalation if their needs aren't met. Only by there being some degree of balance will there be any path towards reconciliation or civility. Until that happens, and is embraced and supported by the right at large, we're going in a singular direction off that cliff.

It's truly baffling to me that people don't understand this basic principle, when anyone moderately successful has to apply it throughout their life, whether social or business, to be successful.
    I think jamil, in his heart of hearts, believes that such a MAD balance is unstable for that purpose and only encourages division along tribal lines - that's likely one of the reasons he is such a nag about 'binary thinking', because he feels the us v them mentality exacerbates such tribal states. I feel like he believe normal can still be brought back if we just work hard enough, but he never adequately articulates what mechanism might enable that beyond we suddenly all choose to live together in peace and harmony. As an atheist, I'm surprised he believes in epiphany

He fails to realize, IMO, that we are way past the point of no return on bipartisanship and working together. There is very little overlap in visions of the direction for the country and one side or the other (because at heart, there really are only two sides - the America that was or the Amerika that will be)
    will need to be crushed before a less hostile relationship can be restored. I want the marxist side to be the one that gets the W T Sherman treatment

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Well, how that plays out, it’s been escalated to the point where a Blue state partisan **** has just unilaterally pulled Trump from the ballot. Courts should slap that down. But, at this point I think it’s time to make them live in the world they propose by having Red state SoS’s pull Biden from their ballot.

But it’s harder for people to get the right message when it’s red states doing it because corporate media would definitely uphold the Blue, and marginalize the Red.
    It's harder to get red states to even do it, because so many republicans are 'better than that™' spineless weaklings

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    “While 160 million people might vote in this November’s election, only about 50,000 voters spread throughout a new battleground map consisting of Pennsylvania, Georgia, Arizona, Nevada, and Wisconsin, will decide the next occupant of the White House.”

“For the “never-Trump” or the “Trump-reluctant” Republicans, it might be fun to imagine someone else like Nikki Haley or Ron DeSantis winning the GOP nomination. But according to pretty much every national poll, including our own, the likelihood to someone other than Trump securing the GOP nomination is as likely as Senator John Fetterman wanting to wear wearing a suit to work.”

Who wants to wear a suit to work though? Only an elitest would care about the clothes someone wears.

Maybe we should focus on who has the best chance of winning those 5 states.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think jamil, in his heart of hearts, believes that such a MAD balance is unstable for that purpose and only encourages division along tribal lines - that's likely one of the reasons he is such a nag about 'binary thinking', because he feels the us v them mentality exacerbates such tribal states. I feel like he believe normal can still be brought back if we just work hard enough, but he never adequately articulates what mechanism might enable that beyond we suddenly all choose to live together in peace and harmony. As an atheist, I'm surprised he believes in epiphany

He fails to realize, IMO, that we are way past the point of no return on bipartisanship and working together. There is very little overlap in visions of the direction for the country and one side or the other (because at heart, there really are only two sides - the America that was or the Amerika that will be)
    will need to be crushed before a less hostile relationship can be restored. I want the marxist side to be the one that gets the W T Sherman treatment
    I think you have a facile understanding what I think. Bipartisanship? That's so 2014. But, meanwhile you got your musket out and are walking out to the town square.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Credentialism much?

Do you then agree with myself and others that Guliani was puffing up Eastman at the J6 rally trying to sell him as a "preeminent constitutional scholar" apparently on the subject matter he was about to speak on.

You must given the fact that you would not accord him the status of expert anything. Guliani was presenting him as their expert. All I was suggesting is that perhaps he was their "expert" because he went along with their plan.

What you just said is in essence what several of us have been saying.
    I have never been arguing the particular, my beef is with the general - that an Ivy League law degree in some way is indicative in and of itself of ability and gravitas. That is what is at the heart of credentialism

Turley, who the harpies in this discussion do regard as a constitutional expert, got his JD at Northwestern BTW. Oops

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I think you have a facile understanding what I think. Bipartisanship? That's so 2014. But, meanwhile you got your musket out and are walking out to the town square.
    Of course! You WOULD believe that your own views are complex and nuanced while those of others are simplistic and wrong-headed and will likely continue to do so

Unknown-1.jpeg

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Of course! You WOULD believe that your own views are complex and nuanced while those of others are simplistic and wrong-headed and will likely continue to do so

View attachment 322011
    What I'm saying is you don't bother to think about it. You just say **** that you want me to have said. What have I written on INGO that is remotely bipartisan?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I mean. That's not really true.

States' electors pick the POTUS. They nearly always vote with the popular vote in their state. All states have a say in elections. That some states are so far to one direction doesn't mean they don't decide. It's that their decision is predictable. So, logically, it is not the case that only the states that are unpredictable decide the election. They all decide. It's just the swing states are the only decisions that are unknown until they've finished counting the votes 3 weeks after the deadline. /denny. :):

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I have never been arguing the particular, my beef is with the general - that an Ivy League law degree in some way is indicative in and of itself of ability and gravitas. That is what is at the heart of credentialism

Turley, who the harpies in this discussion do regard as a constitutional expert, got his JD at Northwestern BTW. Oops
    IF you are referring to my Turley post to IM with your snark, I was merely demonstrating that I can come up with an "expert" as well to counter their "expert"

I recognize that neither one has an expertise nor the credentials in practicing election law. Maybe they should have chosen one that did.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom