• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I think saying there’s no evidence that they’re eating cats might logically lead one to answer, “I don’t know,” when asked. It’s not like people pulled this belief out of their ass, given that it’s common practice in Haiti, and many people are complaining it happened.

When Fluffy goes missing, it’s hard to know why. So maybe they just blame it on the Haitians. Or, maybe some refugees carry on the customs of their homeland.
    I believe, catch that ;) a difference between you and me is I believe in absolutes. It probably separates me from several, I don't know. Catch that ;)

Anyway you can believe i am cheating on my wife. I can act in such a way that provides you with evidence that supports that conclusion.

However, I am either cheating on my wife or I am not.

So I can ask you are Haitians eating pets?

I can ask you do you believe they are eating pets?

Just like when I asked Mike if he is a Christian? I asked him if he goes to Church? I asked him if his Church has a profession of beliefs?

Why did I do that?

Well if he is quoting scripture, I believe it's a legitimate question to know if he is doing so from the POV of a Christian or is he quoting it because he thinks if refutes the statement of a self professing Christian? Or maybe there is another reason that he will elaborate on. Or he may just not answer.

If he is a Christian, then addressing his interpretation of scripture may be a worthwhile discussion, after all he inserted it into the conversation. If he isn't then it's not worth refuting his interpretation.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I believe, catch that ;) a difference between you and me is I believe in absolutes. It probably separates me from several, I don't know. Catch that ;)

Anyway you can believe i am cheating on my wife. I can act in such a way that provides you with evidence that supports that conclusion.

However, I am either cheating on my wife or I am not.

So I can ask you are Haitians eating pets?

I can ask you do you believe they are eating pets?

Just like when I asked Mike if he is a Christian? I asked him if he goes to Church? I asked him if his Church has a profession of beliefs?

Why did I do that?

Well if he is quoting scripture, I believe it's a legitimate question to know if he is doing so from the POV of a Christian or is he quoting it because he thinks if refutes the statement of a self professing Christian? Or maybe there is another reason that he will elaborate on. Or he may just not answer.

If he is a Christian, then addressing his interpretation of scripture may be a worthwhile discussion, after all he inserted it into the conversation. If he isn't then it's not worth refuting his interpretation.
    I have no idea what you're talking about. Kinda early on a Saturday to be drinking, so it's not that. :):

What does Mike's quoting of scripture have to do with Haitians eating cats? It seems like a reasonable question. Or maybe this is just you using this conversation to poke at Mike. I dunno. I mean, it's not a terrible way to kill a Saturday afternoon. I mean, who on INGO doesn't poke fun at Mike? :laugh6:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Here we go,

What was the Immigration policies from 1924 to about 1960?
    Almost nonexistent very few people were allowed entry. Seasonal workers were allowed in for work and then returned home. Often with enough $$ to buy housing and live off until the next year.

We turned away Jews from Europe fleeing the Holocaust.
    Why because the political leaders witnessed first hand the massive immigration of the 1900’s. The government at the time believed the wave of immigrants needed time to be absorbed into the society.

Humans are tribal we are pack animals just like dogs or wolves. We are suspicious by nature of anyone outside of our pack. If you wanna join the pack you need to prove yourself and assimilate. What that means you need to become part of the society. Learn English, work, understand our culture and norms.

What we have now is unbridled immigration we don’t even know who they are. If someone is from a country that has no rules they don’t understand rules or norms. It’s difficult to assimilate if you don’t even understand what a society is.

The current immigrants do understand the welfare system. They may be married once in the country they claim not to be married.
    This means a check per child food stamps free healthcare housing assistance. Meanwhile the father gets a job and they are good to go.

The current immigrants are collecting in areas and creating their own society’s. This is up to and including having their own legal and banking systems. This is why it’s setting up to be an us against them situation.

Mass deportations can reset the clock. Read up on operation “wet back” deportation of over 1 million illegals.
    Outstanding post

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I have no idea what you're talking about. Kinda early on a Saturday to be drinking, so it's not that. :):

What does Mike's quoting of scripture have to do with Haitians eating cats? It seems like a reasonable question. Or maybe this is just you using this conversation to poke at Mike. I dunno. I mean, it's not a terrible way to kill a Saturday afternoon. I mean, who on INGO doesn't poke fun at Mike? :laugh6:
    Well it's never too early to be drinking but I ain't.

I asked Mike a question and you asked me a variation of that question so I pointed out the 2 aren't the same using cheating as an example.

Mike is quoting Matt 22:21 in support of his views on refugees and it wasn't the first time he has used that verse in support of an argument

Top Bottom