• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Being inconsiderate. This time it got someone killed as it does thousands of times each year all across the country. Goodrich man killed after truck driver pulls in front of him - KTRE.com | Lufkin and Nacogdoches, Texas

My wife and children were luck enough to get to see this one up close and personal as we drove past before any police officers arrived. Lovely sight for my 6 year old daughter to see. Why did it happen? Because the truck driver decided he would just pull across the northbound lanes and block them while waiting to turn southbound because he was more important than the right of way of the north bound travelers.

I logged over 4000 miles on the interstates between Ontario and Houston during my vacation the last two weeks. I can't count the number of times I was cut off so that a trucker could driver .0000025% faster than another and take 20 minutes to pass. Apparently, for the overly intelligent, going 55.1mph while the other guy is only going 55.05mph somehow makes you that much more attractive to the lot lizard at the next stop. Maybe the meth dealer was running low and the race to get there first was on.

Last edited:

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Heh. Be glad you just got cut off. I have half a dozen plates in my head and face, ~30% loss of strength in my right arm and a funny looking fingernail because of an inconsiderate trucker.

oops2.jpg

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Heh. Be glad you just got cut off. I have half a dozen plates in my head and face, ~30% loss of strength in my right arm and a funny looking fingernail because of an inconsiderate trucker.

Sorry you fell victim to their typical behavior

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I feel your pain. I just left a job that had me on the roads all over a 4 state area. The on demand shipping world we live in has increased the number of big rigs to a point that they are lined up forever at times and doing exactly what you describe. I try and give truckers a break in traffic as I know it is a tough deal but those days are near gone with the silly crap I have observed. Of course, there are those in the little Hi-top tennis shoe econo boxes (you buy them by shoe size I think) that cause more than their fair share of mayhem for the truckers. Seen a lot of that as well.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I won't even go into the number of crash reports I used to have to take in the parking lot of the truck stops on the SW side of Indy. How can you be a "professional" truck driver and run into crap doing 2mph in a parking lot? Happened daily and I never saw one that made sense.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    Is this the trucker Mission Statement ?

We are dedicated to upholding the highest professional standards while serving the community in which we work and live. We are committed to the enforcement of laws to protect life and property, while also respecting individual rights, human dignity, and community values. We are committed to creating and maintaining active trucker/community partnerships and assisting citizens in identifying and solving problems to improve the quality of life in their neighborhoods.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Is this the trucker Mission Statement ?

We are dedicated to upholding the highest professional standards while serving the community in which we work and live. We are committed to the enforcement of laws to protect life and property, while also respecting individual rights, human dignity, and community values. We are committed to creating and maintaining active trucker/community partnerships and assisting citizens in identifying and solving problems to improve the quality of life in their neighborhoods.

Do monkeys fart rainbows that light up the whole zoo?

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Its time to outlaw truckers, because truckers are too dangerous to society.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    I have to say MOST of the truckers that I've had experiences with are total dirtbags. I have however met a few that were decent people. That being said, of all the tons of crap that is transported OTR if the majority were dirtbags, we'd see A LOT more accidents than we do.

Kind of like "bad cops" or any other profession.

Top Bottom