• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I got mine from theledwarehouse recently to replace my crusty old TLR-1.

So far the TLR-1 HL has performed nicely in low light and darkness shooting. It's very bright for a weapon-mounted light.

I disabled the strobe because I do not intend to use it.

I disabled the strobe on my tlr-s because it makes me kind of sick.
    How do you disable the strobe feature?

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies

From the instructions: http://www.streamlight.com/static/document/product_instructions/tlr_op.pdf

Strobe Enable/Disable
    The TLR-1
    ®
    s, TLR-2
    ®
    s,TLR-1
    ®
    s HP, TLR-1
    ®
    HL™, TLR-2
    ®
    HL™ and TLR-2
    ®
    G ship from the factory with
    the strobe mode enabled.
    The light can be reprogrammed to disable strobe by tapping the momentary paddle switch very rapidly
    ten times and holding it down on the tenth time. Hold until the light turns off (about one second) which
    indicates reprogramming was successful. Repeat the procedure above to re-enable the strobe mode.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I really like Safariland. Mine's in a 6354DO and I couldn't be any happier with it. It fits my Surefire X300 Ultra with DG switch, as well as any other pistol mounted light I've tried.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    From the instructions: http://www.streamlight.com/static/document/product_instructions/tlr_op.pdf

Strobe Enable/Disable
    The TLR-1
    ®
    s, TLR-2
    ®
    s,TLR-1
    ®
    s HP, TLR-1
    ®
    HL™, TLR-2
    ®
    HL™ and TLR-2
    ®
    the strobe mode enabled.
    The light can be reprogrammed to disable strobe by tapping the momentary paddle switch very rapidly
    ten times and holding it down on the tenth time. Hold until the light turns off (about one second) which
    indicates reprogramming was successful. Repeat the procedure above to re-enable the strobe mode.
    Cool. Learn something new every day.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Were you able to use the same holster for the HL as you were before? I have the 1s and wouldn't mind having the HL but I don't want to have to buy a new holster.

Yes, the TLR-1 HL has the same basic outer shape as the original TLR-1. The battery compartment cover is a little different, but that does not affect holster fit.

I disabled the strobe on my tlr-s because it makes me kind of sick.

Me too. I learned the hard way when I lived in <cough!> California <cough!> that I am easily disoriented by strobes. I went to a party (don't ask) where they had a room with a strobe and tinsel hanging from the ceiling (don't ask) and I was disoriented just when they opened the door. I've experimented with strobes and it's not as bad when it's directional and facing away from me, but it's still disconcerting. Any potential effects on bad people are probably not worth messing-up my own mojo.

Strobe Enable/Disable
    The TLR-1
    ®
    s, TLR-2
    ®
    s,TLR-1
    ®
    s HP, TLR-1
    ®
    HL™, TLR-2
    ®
    HL™ and TLR-2
    ®
    the strobe mode enabled.

There you have it!

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    From the instructions:
    ship from the factory with
    the strobe mode enabled.

That's worth the price of the thread right there!

Mbomb3869

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    Muncie
    I ran a TLR-1s for about 3 years. Never once had an issue with it. I honestly think for the money it cant be beat. I recently switched to an X300 ultra for more lumens (and I just wanted to try one). I honestly like the switches on the tlr better that the surefire, which costs twice as much. I think now that streamlight has high lumen models there is really no comparison for the budget minded shooter.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I ran a TLR-1s for about 3 years. Never once had an issue with it. I honestly think for the money it cant be beat. I recently switched to an X300 ultra for more lumens (and I just wanted to try one). I honestly like the switches on the tlr better that the surefire, which costs twice as much. I think now that streamlight has high lumen models there is really no comparison for the budget minded shooter.

I've owned (and actually been using for live fire in low and no light) the 630 lumen TLR-1 HL for several months now and I am very happy with them. I haven't abused them yet, but I purposely beat the crap out of my older TLR-1 to see what would happen. I mounted it on an inert training replica of a Glock and pounded it on an old steel table for a while. Worked fine afterward, although it looked like some thick-necked goon had mounted it on an inert training replica of a Glock and pounded it on an old steel table for a while to see what would happen.

The light output is impressive and dramatically better than the 160 lumen TLR-1 it replaced.

I won't contest that under enough abuse and time, a given Surefire X300 might outlast and outsurvive a given TLR-1 HL. However, given my own testing, I am confident that the TLR-1 HL will serve my needs and exceed them. Plus, my holsters fit them! Heh.

Top Bottom