• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Walt_Jabsco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So I'm looking at taking a cross country trip to Seattle here soon, and I don't want to go completely unarmed. I realize that I can't go tooling across the country with a loaded handgun on me (I mean, not legally), but if I were to, say, have a Mosin Nagant tossed into the trunk in a case and ammo in a bag in the back seat, is that legal?

I realize every state is different, but as I understand it, once you get to the western states, laws often basically cease to exist.

Any information people'd like to share on the matter?

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    So I'm looking at taking a cross country trip to Seattle here soon, and I don't want to go completely unarmed. I realize that I can't go tooling across the country with a loaded handgun on me (I mean, not legally), but if I were to, say, have a Mosin Nagant tossed into the trunk in a case and ammo in a bag in the back seat, is that legal?

I realize every state is different, but as I understand it, once you get to the western states, laws often basically cease to exist.

Any information people'd like to share on the matter?

The only thing I can suggest is to plan out your route, then research the laws of each state you will travel through. A Mosin tossed into the trunk may still get you in trouble in certain areas.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Rifles are still carried in racks in pickups all over the country. They are also carried on motorcycles. They are also carried in the trunks of cars, totally undetected.

As long as you don't have criminal intent by carrying your rifle in the trunk of your car, Federal law clearly allows you to carry interstate in the manner you specify.

Don't sweat it. You are a citizen. I am assuming that you are a citizen...Aren't you?

Top Bottom