Trail Camera Favorites...Post your favorite pictures captured on your cameras!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    It's nice seeing the antlers growing again. It makes it easier for me to identify my visitors.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I have a couple of does I identify (at least at night) by their eyes. They each have one bad eye that doesn't glow on the camera...one left and the other the right. I've been watching them for a few years now. Both have slimmed down but have not yet shared their fawns with me.

This guy was impressive last year. I'm glad to see he is still around.

gOaIkYd.jpg

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    They look good! It's interesting they eat out of the rubber feed pans. I figured it would have too much human/foreign scent and they wouldn't use them so just put the corn on the ground for them. I don't dump it in the same spot every day and the turkey, coons, squirrels, etc. pick up any bits they leave behind. I do have a livestock tank full of water for them here since we have no ditches or ponds on our property and they appreciate that. I also have a bucket for the turkeys that the other critters all use. I occasionally see the deer drinking from that as well.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Been using them for a few years so I guess they're used to them. I move them around every few days and they go straight to the pan. Actually I don't think my scent bothers them much it at all either. Seen them sniff the ground where I'd walked just a couple minutes earlier then go straight to the chow while barely raising their head.
    Water isn't a problem unless it gets very, very, dry. Off to the right about 50 yards there is a spring that runs year round, then off to the left is a steep hillside that also has several seeps and springs. At the bottom of that hill there is a creek that hasn't gone completely dry in the 20 years I've lived here.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Been using them for a few years so I guess they're used to them. I move them around every few days and they go straight to the pan. Actually I don't think my scent bothers them much it at all either. Seen them sniff the ground where I'd walked just a couple minutes earlier then go straight to the chow while barely raising their head.
    Water isn't a problem unless it gets very, very, dry. Off to the right about 50 yards there is a spring that runs year round, then off to the left is a steep hillside that also has several seeps and springs. At the bottom of that hill there is a creek that hasn't gone completely dry in the 20 years I've lived here.

Adding some sort of water source definitely increased the number of deer and turkey we see.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    The fawns seem a bit late this year. It seems like they are usually a bit bigger than what I am seeing at this point. My husband saw a set of twins the other day on his way to town that were still wobbly so had to be pretty new. I've only seen singles so far here. This one is in the driveway on a fairly regular basis. I had quite a few pictures of it near this camera at various times during the day and evening the other day but no sign of the doe.

4oi7DnT.jpg

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    My yard is becoming a much busier place within the past week or so. Seeing more bucks and turkeys too.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Nice!!

The triplets were back with their mom tonight while we were having dinner. I am going through my camera cards now and just saw this set of twins that were here as well.

8WAZZhN.jpg

This guy must have been just passing through....just one shot of him on this camera. I still have a couple more cards to go through.

Op6BRzb.jpg

Top Bottom