• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sloaba01

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I gotcha. I'm not above admitting fault. I am going to change the way I approach traffic stops. Its going to take a little getting used to, but I can see your guys' side of the argument. I think as long as I can see a person's hands during a traffic stop, I am going to allow them to keep their firearm on them.

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    You might think about giving them an encouraging statement, such as "You don't show me yours and I won't have to show you mine." That's the best response I've heard yet.

Dredd

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    I gotcha. I'm not above admitting fault. I am going to change the way I approach traffic stops. Its going to take a little getting used to, but I can see your guys' side of the argument. I think as long as I can see a person's hands during a traffic stop, I am going to allow them to keep their firearm on them.

i'm gonna stick with my training, i'm not taking any chance. There are gunowners out there who hate cops. The poll the other day said 25% of gunowners thought that cops were "jack booted thugs". Thugs really?? :n00b:

Last edited:

sonny27

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Carmel

Your going to allow them to keep their firearms? Really...

What do you think about the IV Amendment???

Here's some interesting reading for you...

Indiana Appeals Court: Concealed Carry Not A License To Be Searched

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    i'm gonna stick with my training, i'm not taking any chance. There are gunowners out there who hate cops. The poll the other day said 25% of gunowners thought that cops were "jack booted thugs". Thugs really?? :n00b:

Well I say if you are too scared to be a LEO then I recommend you do something more up your alley. There are plenty of people out there who just cant hack being a LEO, you sound like you are one, and really that is ok. I dont fault you I just hope that you decide sooner than later that you are not cut out to be a LEO.

See I say this because if you are too scared to allow a LEGAL gun owner who is forthright in notifying you that he/she is carrying to keep care custody and control over THEIR OWN firearm then you sir are not cut out to be a LEO.

It it LEO like yourself that give the other hard working Constitution following LEO a bad name, and the reason that 25% of people polled think that LEO are "Jack Booted Thugs".

INGunGuy

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Your going to allow them to keep their firearms? Really...

What do you think about the IV Amendment???

Here's some interesting reading for you...

Indiana Appeals Court: Concealed Carry Not A License To Be Searched

Concealed carry is certainly not a reason to search person or vehicle. If a person is carrying, and I'm made aware of it, I kinda make a quick threat assessment. In most instances, I'll not have the person exit the vehicle. I will simply take his info, and always call for backup. If for some reason my "spidey sense" is going off, asking the driver to exit his/her vehicle is perfectly acceptable AND a lawful order. If the gun is on his person, I will "ask" if I can remove if. If he refuses, fine, he and I will simply have a conversation, on the side of the road, until the other officer arrives, at which point (after addressing the reason why he was stopped) the traffic stop concludes.

devildawg00311

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Se Indy/Wanamaker
    Was wondering what others do when stopped for a traffic violation and have a weapon in the vehicle. My question is do you inform the officer that you have a weapon or wait for them to ask?:dunno:

I always have told them right away that I had a weapon in my posession and had my permit. I dont want them to get caught off guard by it and get the wrong ideas or get too edgy

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    i'm gonna stick with my training, :n00b:

Yes ladies and gentlemen, Dredd has been well trained.
    Please listen to him, he has spent countless hours in the basement honing his skills.

call-of-duty-4-.jpg

sonny27

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Carmel
    Concealed carry is certainly not a reason to search person or vehicle. If a person is carrying, and I'm made aware of it, I kinda make a quick threat assessment. In most instances, I'll not have the person exit the vehicle. I will simply take his info, and always call for backup. If for some reason my "spidey sense" is going off, asking the driver to exit his/her vehicle is perfectly acceptable AND a lawful order. If the gun is on his person, I will "ask" if I can remove if. If he refuses, fine, he and I will simply have a conversation, on the side of the road, until the other officer arrives, at which point (after addressing the reason why he was stopped) the traffic stop concludes.

I agree with your procedures for what it's worth...
    I live in Carmel and was pulled over by a HCSD early in the morning a few years ago. I politely informed the deputy I was carrying as I gave him my LTC with my other information. He proceeded to get belligerent. He asked me were it was, I told him on my side. He told me to get out, which I did. he had me put my hands against the car and disarmed me without my permission. Long story short, he put my firearm back in my trunk and I didn't receive any citations. I was told this is normal protocol for this particular deputy.
    I'm much more informed now.

Last edited:

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    I live in Carmel and was pulled over by a HCS early in the morning. I politely informed the deputy I was carrying as I gave him my LTC with my other information. He proceeded to get belligerent. He asked me were it was, I told him on my side. He told me to get out, which I did. he had me put my hands against the car and disarmed me without my permission. Long story short, he put my firearm back in my truck and I didn't receive any citations. I was told this is normal protocol for this particular deputy.

And this POS Constitution hating deputy is the reason more law abiding gun owners dont notify LEO when they are pulled over for a speeding ticket. OH and if his EXCUSE is officer safety, well then he doesnt have the stones to be a LEO and needs to find another job more suiting to such a scared little girly-man...

INGunGuy

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I live in Carmel and was pulled over by a HCSD early in the morning. I politely informed the deputy I was carrying as I gave him my LTC with my other information. He proceeded to get belligerent. He asked me were it was, I told him on my side. He told me to get out, which I did. he had me put my hands against the car and disarmed me without my permission. Long story short, he put my firearm back in my truck and I didn't receive any citations. I was told this is normal protocol for this particular deputy.
    I'm not sure if it applies here in IN, but in MN it is against the law for even an LEO to disarm an individual or for them to take your gun unless it was used in a crime. This was one of the big points that we the people insisted upon when we passed our law for concealed carry.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    No comment. Last time I stated my opinion on Dredd, I got an infraction. And he's still here. Go figure.

At least from the guy's rep, I feel like the membership agrees.

I have had my share of Infractions :D

I have come close a couple times to getting another one because of that guy.. lol

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland

im sure there are plenty of cops out there who dislike gunowners too. whats your point? doesn't give anyone the right, gunowner or cop, to treat people differently. your comments hold very little water..

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    Can one of you LE explain to me what exactly will happen to me when I (buy your request) after telling you that I have a Permit........when you SHOOT YOURSELF with my weapon when I hand it to you? Because you were too afraid to leave a wapon in the safest place for it, my holster?

Why don't you just EXPECT EVERYONE TO HAVE A WEAPON AND TO LIE TO YOU ABOUT IT AT ALL TIMES and play it safe from that perspective!

Remember just because you see and ask for my holstered weapon due to gettin my permit..... you do NOT have the other 2 I have available within reach to me!

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Can one of you LE explain to me what exactly will happen to me when I (buy your request) after telling you that I have a Permit........when you SHOOT YOURSELF with my weapon when I hand it to you? Because you were too afraid to leave a wapon in the safest place for it, my holster?

Why don't you just EXPECT EVERYONE TO HAVE A WEAPON AND TO LIE TO YOU ABOUT IT AT ALL TIMES and play it safe from that perspective!

Remember just because you see and ask for my holstered weapon due to gettin my permit..... you do NOT have the other 2 I have available within reach to me!

Exactly. The LEOs here keep talking about their "training", but what about their gun training that the safest gun is the one that isnt handled? or, do they even teach that?

Look at the City Market incident. Again, LEOs disarmed licensed gun owners, this time in a public place, AND forced them to handle their weapons and clear them. How that is "safe" is beyond any logic.

Top Bottom