Traffic stop, officer confiscated my firearms.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    One other thing looking back that bugs me about the trial. There was no bailiff there. Nobody to protect me if the officer decided to pull out his gun and shoot me. I could have claimed intimidation.

Seriously? I kind of doubt if he would have gone postal.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    I do to, but isn't there a requirement to have a bailiff? Just curious.

That might depend if there are prisoners in the courtroom and how busy they ar. They might just require one inside the court house. Some Sheriff's departments aren't very big and don't have the manpower.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    One other thing looking back that bugs me about the trial. There was no bailiff there. Nobody to protect me if the officer decided to pull out his gun and shoot me. I could have claimed intimidation.

Why would he pull out his gun and shoot you? What possible reason could he have? You do know that people with guns don't just pull them out and shoot people for the hell of it right?

The question should be, what would you have done that would cause him to react in such a way?

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    It is best that the whole thing be dropped. From what I have seen, heard and from personal experience was done correctly. It is up to the lawyers to make pre-trial motions for requests of information and motions. That is why they get paid the big bucks. You tried your best. Don't let this eat on you.

Last edited:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I think the lady that called 911 on us was the same lady in this commercial. No wonder she hates boats and fishing, and probably even guys and guns. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgFhJN4H0T0

Two things wrong with this scenario;

1: Nice Rackage, shame to waste it!

2: And even more importantly, the noise and concussion of the ejector seat would have scared off all the fish!!

In conclusion I call bull:poop:

:laugh::laugh:

MagicKev

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2011
    He who represents himself in court has an idiot for a lawyer and a fool for a client.

No purple needed.

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    It is best that the whole thing be dropped. From what I have seen, heard and from personal experience was done correctly. It is up to the lawyers to make pre-trial motions for requests of information and motions. That is why they get paid the big bucks. You tried your best. Don't let this eat on you.

It is done and it's not eating on me. This is a great country where a person has a right to defend oneself in court and a lawyer is optional. I enjoyed the challenge, the experience, and the lessons learned. The thing I enjoyed the most was putting my rights to work and knowing that no police officer, judge, or prosecutor could infringe on them. I now, more than ever, appreciate why I wore that uniform years ago and was ready to fight for those rights.

MagicKev

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2011
    I'm sure she is. I'm just trying to figure out which one of you guys is really her!

Are you serious? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to do some basic research.If I were the prosecutor I would have done the same.

In 5 short minutes, I found the company you work for/own, your personal info for owning or registering that company's website. I found your post on computer/Webmaster forums, you're married, three kids. I know where your oldest is going to college. I know your twitter name, I know one of your kids is in marching band, you like to ride bikes and perhaps even rode in the Hilly Hundred. I know your facebook page. I know the charities and ministries you volunteer for.

I can go on and on. So honestly it's pretty naive on your part to have posted anything related to this case at all until it was over with.

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    I can go on and on. So honestly it's pretty naive on your part to have posted anything related to this case at all until it was over with.

Well, you're probably right, but it did not hurt me any. As a matter of fact, I started down a lot of paths and learned a great deal to help me prepare as a result of what people had to say here. It was not all bad. As far as my life is concerned, yea it's out there. We are all out there. I am who I am and I am not ashamed of it.

I just have a gut feeling that the deputy prosecutor is one of us and it does not take a whole lot of research to find out who that might be either. I just find it amusing, that's all. The Internet has made the world an amazing small place.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    PicardFacePalm.jpg

Hayseed_40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Strongbadia
    I just have a gut feeling that the deputy prosecutor is one of us and it does not take a whole lot of research to find out who that might be either. I just find it amusing, that's all. The Internet has made the world an amazing small place.

how is it amusing? She was just doing her job. Every county should have PAs on here with what is discussed and admitted.

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    He who represents himself in court has an idiot for a lawyer and a fool for a client.

No purple needed.

Probably put out by a lawyer.

The POINT, imo, of that statement is that a non-involved person working on your behalf (a lawyer in this situation) would approach the case from a less emotional standpoint.

In theory this should enable said person to notice things one who is emotionally tied to a situation may not. Such as the incident where the OP mentioned the INGO threads and, instead of objecting like he believes he could have, he instead "Plead the 5th". There were probably other things that a person who was not emotionally involved or one who had more experience could have done to help his case.

Note though that this is not always a sure thing. In some situations (such as public defenders - not all but no doubt quite a few) you may get one that really doesn't care, may or may not be overworked, and just wants to "go home at the end of the day". They will try to do as little work as possible and really do not have your best interest at heart.

Last edited:

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    I'm sure she is. I'm just trying to figure out which one of you guys is really her!

I don't know nuttin... Remember there are businesses that randomly and regularly do searches for their names on the internet. She could have known about it the day after you made your first post. She would not posted that she is or admitted to monitoring the thread.

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    I don't know nuttin... Remember there are businesses that randomly and regularly do searches for their names on the internet. She could have known about it the day after you made your first post. She would not posted that she is or admitted to monitoring the thread.

How many prosecutors does anyone know who would go searching the internet for forum conversations for someone contesting a traffic citation? I could see them "googling" his name to see if anything popped up that they could use (but even the admissibility of that info would be limited if it did not pertain to the case at hand) however this thread would not come up unless they were searching for his screen name (I do not recall but did the OP post his real name on this thread?).

It does strongly suggest that someone on this board or a friend of someone who was shown it, forwarded the info to the prosecutor.

Not a big deal, imo, as I have always felt that people should be honest and shouldn't say anything privately (or in any conversation) that one is afraid to say or repeat publicly.

Top Bottom