• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    why would you not get a lifetime these days? I tell everyone, get the lifetime now while you still can, I hear they're doing away with that any day now!

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    why would you not get a lifetime these days? I tell everyone, get the lifetime now while you still can, I hear they're doing away with that any day now!

Maybe because the person is not planning on being in Indiana for more than four years? Maybe because he got bad advice? Maybe because he didn't have the $100 at the time he had to renew (or the $125 when he got the 4-year, 4 years and a couple of months earlier?

I can think of several reasons, but I do agree with you that the LLTCH is the much better choice. :twocents:

Blessings,
    Bill

s&wluvr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    LaPorte/Michigan City area
    I have a question? Can you apply for a lifetime well before the 4 yr is due to expire? When I got my 4 yr license I figured that since I am 69 years old, I wouldn't get a lot of benefit out of it. However, I'm beginning to think that I should have gotten the lifetime. :oldwise:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    We oughta see if we can convince them to make a more durable Lifetime, something along the lines of the quality of a drivers license which expires, what, every 4 years?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I have a question? Can you apply for a lifetime well before the 4 yr is due to expire? When I got my 4 yr license I figured that since I am 69 years old, I wouldn't get a lot of benefit out of it. However, I'm beginning to think that I should have gotten the lifetime. :oldwise:

IC 35-47-2-6
    Granting or rejecting initial application; renewals
    Sec. 6. (a) Every initial application for any license under this chapter shall be granted or rejected within sixty (60) days after the application is filed.
    (b) The period during which an application for the renewal of an existing license may be filed begins three hundred sixty-five (365) days before the expiration of the existing license. If the application for renewal of an existing license is filed within thirty (30) days of its expiration, the existing license is automatically extended until the application for renewal is passed upon.

Blessings,
    Bill

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Other good lessons could be learned from this incident as well. ;)

The officer asked Gunn for his driver’s license and routinely asked if any guns were in the car, to which Gunn responded [STRIKE]that he had one in a holster on his right hip and that he had a permit.[/STRIKE] ,"Why am I being detained?" :cool:

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    the appellate judges disagreed with that reading of the statute’s clear language. If the Legislature had intended that, they could have specified as they did in a subsection focusing on right-hand turns

Legal precedent to challenge the LTCH as Constitutional?

Section 32. Arms--Right to bear

Section 32. The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State.

Hmmmmmm, judges seem to make use of common sense, sometimes:D

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    It may not be an infraction to make a left turn and not take the center lane.

But when you turn left and swing across to the far lane, cutting off somebody who's turning right from the other direction, you ARE being an *sshole. :D

Love the 1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    It may not be an infraction to make a left turn and not take the center lane.

But when you turn left and swing across to the far lane, cutting off somebody who's turning right from the other direction, you ARE being an *sshole. :D

When you cut off someone turning right, assuming it's a 2-way stop, you are violating the right of way of the person turning right. If a 4-way stop, whoever was there first has the ROW and the other should just wait.

newtothis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    Other good lessons could be learned from this incident as well. ;)

Yeah, asking "why am I being detained" will result in being ticketed and having your car searched (not necessarily the trunk, but everywhere else in the motor vehicle.

Top Bottom