• ...and so much more!
  • ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Yeah, asking "why am I being detained" will result in being ticketed and having your car searched (not necessarily the trunk, but everywhere else in the motor vehicle.

Like answering their silly questions helps so much. :rolleyes:

I'll either get an answer or ask for a supervisor.

I wish them luck articulating their reasoning for such a search.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by edporch
    It may not be an infraction to make a left turn and not take the center lane.

But when you turn left and swing across to the far lane, cutting off somebody who's turning right from the other direction, you ARE being an *sshole. :D

When you cut off someone turning right, assuming it's a 2-way stop, you are violating the right of way of the person turning right. If a 4-way stop, whoever was there first has the ROW and the other should just wait.

An example of what I'm talking about is at a 4 way intersection where there's a stoplight and I and another driver from the opposite direction are both turning onto a 4 lane (2 lanes in each direction) road in the same direction on a GREEN light.

In a case like this I ALWAYS turn to the lane NEAREST me, so the other person who's turning from the opposite direction can turn into the closest lane on THEIR side.

The "*ssholes" I'm referring to are the ones who turn, swinging across both lanes, causing everybody who's turning from the opposite direction who are also turning the same direction to have to stop.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Doing away with Lifetime...any more info on that?

As explained in the FAQ (https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...16185-ingunowners_faqs_sticky.html#post187167, third entry from the bottom of that post), this would take an act of the state legislature, which will not be in session for a couple more months. There are no bills yet known that would advance this ridiculous idea.

In short, it's just a rumor that comes back from time to time and which we can't seem to be rid of.... Kinda like herpes.

I am certain that if it is ever in danger of happening, you'll hear about it on INGO first. :ingo:
    14.gif

Blessings,
    Bill

B27R

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 29, 2011
    I've already learned a lot here. IN LTCH is not CCW only & now this wonderful bit from Bill regarding that ever so popular rumor! Thanks Bill!

Ineverfollow

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Madison County
    I think that the lifetime will go away just like the lifetime deer tag. The state is loosing money on the lifetime so I think they will do away with it. ALSO if a LEO runs your license it will come back if you have a permit or not. So when he or she comes back to your vehicle he knows if you have a permit. I personally would pull it in court if you had an expired permit and then renewed it before court.

Jerry C

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    I think that the lifetime will go away just like the lifetime deer tag. The state is loosing money on the lifetime so I think they will do away with it. ALSO if a LEO runs your license it will come back if you have a permit or not. So when he or she comes back to your vehicle he knows if you have a permit. I personally would pull it in court if you had an expired permit and then renewed it before court.

This may be true for some PD's, but not for ISP. They have to specifically request this info.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    why would you not get a lifetime these days? I tell everyone, get the lifetime now while you still can, I hear they're doing away with that any day now!

I agree. I got enough stuff to renew...insurance payments, licenses, etc. Just one less thing to have to remember to check.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by edporch
    It may not be an infraction to make a left turn and not take the center lane.

But when you turn left and swing across to the far lane, cutting off somebody who's turning right from the other direction, you ARE being an *sshole. :D

An example of what I'm talking about is at a 4 way intersection where there's a stoplight and I and another driver from the opposite direction are both turning onto a 4 lane (2 lanes in each direction) road in the same direction on a GREEN light.

In a case like this I ALWAYS turn to the lane NEAREST me, so the other person who's turning from the opposite direction can turn into the closest lane on THEIR side.

The "*ssholes" I'm referring to are the ones who turn, swinging across both lanes, causing everybody who's turning from the opposite direction who are also turning the same direction to have to stop.

Perfect example of this kind of @@@hattery is the intersection of Michigan Rd. and DePauw Blvd. The people going east and turning north do this incessantly. And they continue to do it AFTER their left turn arrow has ended and the people going west and turning north have the right of way.

It didn't help matters that they just got done (a few years ago) completely re-doing the Michigan and I-465 interchange and didn't fix the traffic problems -- just made more lanes to create more problems.

Top Bottom