• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    Kinda got here late to the party. The way I look at trade value is, if the person has something that I want and I have something that they want, we exchange it, it was a fair trade. I try not to get to hung up on "book value", only the buyer and seller (or traders) can determine the value. It's only worth what you are willing to trade for it. When I got away from Glocks, I sold all of what I had for under $400 apiece. I have since started buying a few Glocks again, just to tinker with. $400 to $425 seems to be my price range for buying. I paid $125 for a G35 frame and have put about the price of 2 new Glocks into it, but it's fast, unbelievably fast, now to make it reliable, fast and reliable don't always go hand in hand.

Last edited:

shades171

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    I went to Gander Mtn and asked about Glock 17, never fired. They said that they first take $100 of their price, then give 60%. There price is around $600. So, $600-100= $500. Then $500 - 40% = Around $300 used.
    Not a very good deal IMO. They don't offer additional $ if you want to trade or do in-store credit

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    From Glock reps at NRA convention: It's a buyers market now! So, I went out and bought a Glock 17 gen4 slightly used for $475. Since it has 3 mags and no tax, etc. I thought it was a good deal. Saved enough to buy lone wolf match grade barrel so I could reload when ammo gets scarce. Havin great fun shooting it with no regrets. Used is great if gun looks in great shape and seller doesn't look like he used it to hammer nails around the ranch! LOL

tackshot

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 11, 2014
    Southside
    Just depends on the shop your taking it to, buddy of mine took his gen 3 23 (no extras just stock) to a local shop a few days ago and they offered him 300 and that was quote "on the high end". I would try selling it out right before going to trade it in.

Onionsanddragons

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 13, 2014
    Terre Haute
    My experience has been that a good LGS will give you close to the value you originally mentioned in TRADE toward their USED items. Probably not so much toward new stock as margins are much worse there.

FTFs with individuals are obviously person dependent, but if the Glock is truly very lightly used, and shows no real holster wear, $425 or a bit more isn't unreasonable at all. I think the average price on the interwebs for most Glocks will run you about $500-525 plus your transfer fee from LGS. I know that I could find 19s for right at 499 a few weeks ago, multiple places.

Robjps

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    I usually subtract $20-50 for being used/condition. A new glock i would offer $450 and not budge unless it had night sights i liked.

I really don't care about most holsters unless its one i would actually use. I have no use for crappy holsters you should sell it on the side.

Magazines ill gladly pay a fair price but my fair price is less then what i can get new ones for not what you got raped for. Glock magazines cost $20 new from CDNN i don't care that you paid $40 its worth $15 to me.

Ammo why do people try to force partial boxes of ammo at inflated prices on you. I reload and have no interest in your ammo save some self defense ammo. I have no intention on paying more for a partial box of ammo then i can go to Wal-Mart and get a new full box.

benzkomp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Glocks hold their value pretty good I think, but like someone else said, I would definitely trade for another before selling for cash.

Redacted

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    Westville
    It's all about the timing. I've bought several glocks for under $350

2u5ri1x.jpg

Bottlefed

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Hamilton county
    That dang old lock nest monster huh. Hamilton county last year alone had public buy backs in glock pistols for $285 a piece. I just sold a glock 22 gen 3 with night sights for $350 I even posted if anyone wanted it on ingo I would sell it. Next time make sure you have your tree fit ty for the lock nest monster when they need rent money or when you find a deal.

Redacted

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    Westville
    That dang old lock nest monster huh. Hamilton county last year alone had public buy backs in glock pistols for $285 a piece. I just sold a glock 22 gen 3 with night sights for $350 I even posted if anyone wanted it on ingo I would sell it. Next time make sure you have your tree fit ty for the lock nest monster when they need rent money or when you find a deal.

When I bought my US made gen 4 I paid around 530 after taxes and the guy down the street at a LGS was selling gen 4's for 559 before tax. But after your saying you're getting them for tree fiddy. I might have to shop where you shop.

Bottlefed

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Hamilton county
    These are all used prices. I bought a hk usp 45 last year for $450 on ingo. I've also paid 500 got my glock 21 with all the extras that I had to have. The best deals are the ones that come to you. Best buy I've ever had was a colt woodsmen elephant ear grips in pristine shape $100 (bought it from a guy needing cash) or my first m1 carbine I bought for $50 garage sale. I wasn't looking for that gun but now I'm glad I bought them.

Redacted

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    Westville
    Its kinda funny how that works out. When i was looking at a new carry gun I wanted an american made pistol. My LGS had a US gen 3 g17 and it was nice but not as nice as the austrian gen 4 19's. I promised myself american made. It was getting harder to find US made glocks around her so i just sold myself that my next carry pistol would be the 17, a compromise for 'murica(we all gotta sacrifice something, right?). So i stopped by the bank to pick up some cash. And thought i should stop by another store on my way there and sure nuff... A US made gen 4 glock 19. Love at first sight

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Judging by the ads I see here and elsewhere, people seem to be asking about 10% above original retail for lightly used Glocks.

I have seen a few posts that are asking $700 for used Glocks that come with one extra mag. I wanted to make sure i wasnt being "that guy" when pricing mine. I will say the initially, i was almost that guy considering the the little extras, but the common sense posts on here quickly brought me back down to reality. Like i always, bottom line, a gun is only worth what someone is willing to pay.

There is also the angle of some people are willing to pay more than retail because there is no paper trail on a FTF transaction. Not that they arent a proper person, just that they dont want a 4473 laying around with their personal info on it tying them positively to a gun. You can get a bit more out of it selling it to this crowd, but be warned it may sit for a while while you wait for "that" guy to come along. The vast majority are just looking for a deal. Oh, and they wont do a bill of sale either. They expect to show you their pink permission slip and MAYBE photo ID, but thats it. No paper trails, no sending it to a FFL for a transfer, etc.

Hell, some of them will even go hard line and say "The law says unless you have a reason to believe I'm not a proper person, I dont have to show you anything, including ID. You dont know me, you havent seen my face on a post office wall or the news; Therefore you can assume I am a proper person because you have no reason to think otherwise per the law. Here is the cash, lets do this."

And I feel ya... I'm sitting on my lightly used G27 waiting to sell it for cash to get a G42. Just waiting for a raffle to end so I dont end up wasting that cash on a new gun when I could win it and have the cash from the G27 to use other places.

Top Bottom