• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    When a bully insults you, your family and your dead son right at the grave side, your first thought is your assets and your right to carry a firearm. Then, I guess my day has truly passed. Common decency and requiring those around you to show respect as you do - those days are gone. Fear of losing my right to carry is more important than honor. Punk kids were corrected by whom ever was nearest in times past, but not now.

Doesn't sound that great, to me.

Being attacked because your opinion offends someone? Strangers physically disciplining your kids?

No, thanks.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    One final note. I should have already said so, but the Patriot Guard is firm in their position of absolutely NO response to protestors - physical, verbal, or any other. My opinions are my own and my antiquated ways are my own. When I ride with them I keep my mouth shut and my opinions to myself. The Guard is there to honor the soldier and his family and to provide a barrier - if possible - to those that would intrude simply by surrounding them.

Please don't misconstrue my comments to think poorly of the Patriot Guard or what their mission is. They are a completely non-violent and composed group and I'm so very proud of them. I am so humbled by their selfless service to give.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Do you have kids? Have they ever thrown a fit for no other reason than to get your attention? Sometimes, the best punishment is to simply ignore them.

My son is 19 now and is finishing his first year at the university - he's studying to be a mechanical engineer. He can tell you for himself how it went when he threw a tantrum. When he was old enough he got his bottom warmed and he found very quickly it didn't work out well for him. So he stopped. My son is so well manored and so respectful - I'm so very proud of him. He's only been in one fight in his young life and he really had no choice but to defend himself. He's a college football linebacker and yet so humble and so well controlled. He's a lifetime permit holder and one of the safest people to hunt with you'd ever have the privilege to meet. None of that of course is any reflection of me or my raising, but more his decisions to be a good person...and his mother is a saint, I swear!

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    One final note. I should have already said so, but the Patriot Guard is firm in their position of absolutely NO response to protestors - physical, verbal, or any other. My opinions are my own and my antiquated ways are my own. When I ride with them I keep my mouth shut and my opinions to myself. The Guard is there to honor the soldier and his family and to provide a barrier - if possible - to those that would intrude simply by surrounding them.

Please don't misconstrue my comments to think poorly of the Patriot Guard or what their mission is. They are a completely non-violent and composed group and I'm so very proud of them. I am so humbled by their selfless service to give.

No response is absolutely the right thing to do. These POS's would have disappeared long ago if people refused to get bent out of shape over them. If people simply ignored their dumbassery, and the media did nothing but ignore them, they'd have dried up and blown away like dog**** long ago.

People getting bent out of shape, people passing laws against them, THAT is what fuels them. Seriously. THAT is what keeps them going.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    No response is absolutely the right thing to do. These POS's would have disappeared long ago if people refused to get bent out of shape over them. If people simply ignored their dumbassery, and the media did nothing but ignore them, they'd have dried up and blown away like dog**** long ago.

People getting bent out of shape, people passing laws against them, THAT is what fuels them. Seriously. THAT is what keeps them going.

Agreed.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

I know. I've listened to many of those pre ride briefings myself.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I support that wholeheartedly and would be glad to stand with them if given the opportunity.

DarkLight

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    Thorntown
    Ok, so one group(the protesters) rights trump the rights of the family expressing grief for their dead loved ones. Not.

What is the difference between this and the anti-gun side's "you're gun makes me uncomfortable and your right to bear arms should not trump my right to feel safe, so let's create more gun restrictions"?

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    What if some heterosexuals wanted to protest a homosexual wedding? Should that be an arrestable offense? Lets brainstorm and find some more places where free speech should be banned.

Abortion clinics? Protesters can be arrested for standing on public sidewalks that are too close.

What about paparazzi? Should they be forced to stand 300 feet away? Should there be moving zones of censorship around politicians and celebrities? Because, they have the right to not hear unkind things in public.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    What if some heterosexuals wanted to protest a homosexual wedding? Should that be an arrestable offense? Lets brainstorm and find some more places where free speech should be banned.

Abortion clinics? Protesters can be arrested for standing on public sidewalks that are too close.

What about paparazzi? Should they be forced to stand 300 feet away? Should there be moving zones of censorship around politicians and celebrities? Because, they have the right to not hear unkind things in public.

give it up rambone.

the
    depositphotos_9601010-Blind-deaf-and-dumb.jpg

have spoken. :faint:

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    I have had dealings with the "Patriot Guards", can't say enough of their great support.
    What is wrong in this world where we enjoy our freedom, based clearly by duty paid and served by our veterans. Real shame some families have to deal with the "antis" protests. Fly our flag with pride and respect, and say " Thank You for your service".
    No better country than ours!

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    should one group of citizens that assemble peacefully be allowed to infringe on the right of another group to assemble peacefully?
    If you believe that standing in the presence of annoying people is having your "rights infringed", then we cannot move further with the discussion.

Top Bottom