• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I just think they overlooked the fact that marksmanship in one field doesn't transfer as readily to another field as one might assume (as has been evident thus far).

Overlooked? The show depends on it.

There is a reason that Highpower, F-Class, Bullseye, USPSA, and Steel Challenge get limited TV coverage if they get any at all - it's a boring spectator sport to 99% of the viewership. There's only so many times you can see someone hit a bullseye, or shoot a perfect score, or hit some obscure hit-factor.

762Mike

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    I like how the show is laid out and how they make the contestants use all types of weapons. The best guys will adapt and do well. I don't want it to turn into nascar. It is actually exciting and interesting how it stands. The activites are creative and look fun.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    My question, why didn't Ashley tackle him? Why did Chris give him the gun? :dunno:

+1

If I'm Ashley, I'm physically holding onto Jermaine's belt or something so he wouldn't make the same mistake again. The time Jermaine spent running and holding back the blue team would have enabled them to win the competition.

vwarren

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    greenfield
    So do you guys think that the guy from the red team who left early was really hurt, his resturaunt was suffering or his wife was leaving?

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    So do you guys think that the guy from the red team who left early was really hurt, his resturaunt was suffering or his wife was leaving?

If it were me, it's a once in a lifetime sort of deal, so the wife can just leave if she can't deal with the short amount of time being gone. I could see going back if his restaurant was suffering, but on the flip side, the longer he stays on and the longer he can perhaps plug his restaurant, the better business would be.

Seems like him being hurt would be the most logical choice.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    I agree that Jay is really irritating.

I think I heard him say that he just bought his first gun last year...?

How did he get on Top Shot if he's a noob with a gun & is a golf instructor professionally?

He definitely got lucky this week.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I agree that Jay is really irritating.

I think I heard him say that he just bought his first gun last year...?

How did he get on Top Shot if he's a noob with a gun & is a golf instructor professionally?

He definitely got lucky this week.

They put him on the show because he is a noob, is irritating, has no concept of "team".....a wild card thrown in to get the pot stirred for good drama....an if we are lucky, a good fist fight......

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    They put him on the show because he is a noob, is irritating, has no concept of "team".....a wild card thrown in to get the pot stirred for good drama....an if we are lucky, a good fist fight......

hopefully not on the range cause i bet more than fists would start flying

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008

I think he was a prophet. He saw himself getting his butt kicked in the near future.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    the thing with Jermaine is when he took off with the rifle it was his real training that kicked in and his body went on auto pilot.

uh huh, that's what I'd say too if I'd just done something that stupid. Twice. On film and they were gonna show it on TV.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Some of these guys seem to have NO cardio ,a little run, things aren't nice an calm an they can't control their breathing an trigger control.....I've noticed Maggie seems to have this under control an except for the 1911 has been spot on, think she is one of the better ones, but she may not be hardcore enough....it was rainy an cold when she missed everytime with the 1911, that showed me who was an was not bothered by the elements.
    An is that clay pigeon champ guy ever going to hit anything? I think his problem is he can't hit anything sitting still....
    Jack Ryan....can you imagine Jermaine going back to his Homeland Security job, he's got to be in for the ribbing of his life....

vwarren

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    greenfield
    can you imagine Jermaine going back to his Homeland Security job, he's got to be in for the ribbing of his life....

Yeah life is going to suck for that guy for while or he could get his own show like most of the reality show losers seems to be the way things go just look at colby LOL!

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Jack Ryan....can you imagine Jermaine going back to his Homeland Security job, he's got to be in for the ribbing of his life....

I hope to heck Al Quida doesn't watch TV and start recruiting golf pros to go up against our Homeland "Security" forces.:rolleyes:

When I start seeing Al Quida distributing their terrorist training videos of suicide bomber training on the putting greens I'm gonna really be worried.

DemolitionMan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Avon, IN
    Interesting episode tonight. Very ironic that Jay got to finally do some teaching in an area where he actually has some knowledge. Even though I've railed against the reality show style of Top Shot, I have to admit that I was hoping to see more of the team letting Jay know what a jackass he's been up till now.

But of course he went right back to being an idiot. He plainly knew that Maggie was not using her peep sight and should have told her. Instead, he just whines about the mistake in one of the camera interviews. Gosh, I wonder why the rest of team doesn't like him.

I thought the Team Challenge was fun - I'm sure my guys will be after me to set up a rig like that so they can try it. I also liked the Elimination Challenge, although I didn't like the outcome. Looks like the Blue Team shot itself in the foot...Maggie was a strong team member.

OTH I'm not sure how else they could have done it. As much as I want Jay gone, he would have obviously won the elimination. Kyle had seemed weak up until today so I get why he was one of the choices even though he did well in practice and on the team challenge.

I'm not sure I really understood voting for Maggie. Yes, she struggled with the bow but she's been strong on and off the range. Now blue has lost a strong team member and kept a weaker one. Oops.

Next week looks like fun - and not only because of the return of some of my favorites from last season. Can't wait to see speed shooting with 1911's!

nsenneking

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2011
    Ballstown
    i truely laughed when i saw maggie not even looking through the peep. even though the bow was new to her, you think she would have learned after the first shot went into the dirt, or at least one of her team mates should of said something

Vanguard.45

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Maggie's example is once again proof

that we are seeing average/ below average performances out of people reputed to be "great" shooters.

Expertise is specific, not general, in firearms as in most other fields.

Still entertaining, though.

Vanguard.45

Top Bottom