• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I really do not know what to think. George acted so cocky, then said he threw the shot with the .357. With the attitude he has shown, it makes it hard to believe. I honestly thought Gunny was going to win, but Chris pulled it off.

I believe it. there is no way he missed that shot without doing it on purpose. to a real shooter that is a shot you could make blind folded 10 out of 10. he made sure chris couldnt screw it up. he has kept his Honor in tact this whole competition.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I believe it. there is no way he missed that shot without doing it on purpose. to a real shooter that is a shot you could make blind folded 10 out of 10. he made sure chris couldnt screw it up. he has kept his Honor in tact this whole competition.

Yep, like they were saying...Chris was one of his best friends there and Chris needed the chance at the money more than George so he let him have it. I think that makes all the cockyness even better because you see that in the end it was just his way of having fun with the game part of it.

aaronsbig16g

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    I really didn't like George at all until tonight. I really think he did a stand up thing tonight. And I'm glad to see Chris win!

Oliver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    I really didn't like George at all until tonight. I really think he did a stand up thing tonight. And I'm glad to see Chris win!

I thought is antics and attitude were funny throughout. Seems from what I saw on the other end of a camera to be a very good dude.
    I'm very happy Chris Reed won. :yesway:
    oh, and what up Aaron!

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    The FAL must really be a POS rifle unless you really know it. COD might want to rethink it!

Chris really should have won by even more, he had such a huge lead at the bow, I know Gunny would struggle with that stage. Had it been Jay or Joe against Chris in that it might have turned out different. Both of those guys are bow champions like Chris.

All in all I'm happy with the ending.

The show after with all of the interviews I have on DVR and didn't see it all, but George made a statement.."did I pull that last shot on the rifle or not? You make the call"

So did he really give it all to Chris to go against Gunny or did he jack up the last shot on that old ass rifle? I don't think he missed with the AR on purpose and if anything he needs to be given a whole mess of crap back at his base for that...the AR..his backup weapon as a sniper???

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    Twice now, the Ruger 10/22 has been the downfall of a good shooter.

No I honestly think that was all mental. Gunny had what 2-3 misses with the bow, might have been more, but after evey shot after the first one he was pissed. A lot of beeps from him. He got on the pistol and was back on track, then once he missed a couple of times with the rifle a whole lot more beeps.

He was PEEESSSED.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I believe it. there is no way he missed that shot without doing it on purpose. to a real shooter that is a shot you could make blind folded 10 out of 10. he made sure chris couldn't screw it up. he has kept his Honor in tact this whole competition.

Jay was a golf instructor with acclaimed limited experience. He knocked out guys that should have beat him, crap happens. I just have a hard time believing it.

Last edited:

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    With all of the crying, sobbing and love festing going on with the Gang of Four last night, I thought I was watching another episode of The Biggest Loser. :):

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Yeah, I thought those boys were gonna kiss for a second.....

Good on George for giving Chris a chance. He could have shut the door, but let Chris call the last, deciding shot. I think George plain old missed with that old rifle. They ALL hated that thing the first time around. George just keeps talking smack, even after he looses.

Chris was just all around incredible in the final round, though. Gunny was working his butt off, but just couldn't keep up. If that would have been pistol-heavy, Brian would have walked away with it. The bow seemed to be the deciding factor (Chris hits first shot, Brian got flustered).

Chris was also the only guy I actually liked in the last several rounds. Just a nice guy. Never talked bad about anyone (at least on camera) and never made excuses. He has a good story, too. Good for him!

edit: I DVR'ed the after-party. Guess I'll watch that tonight. I hope the next season leaves the Survivor-esque drama at home....

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    Yeah, I'm not giving George a pass because he threw that one stage. He's still a D-bag.

I'm just glad he didn't win if for no other reason than they won't bring him back next season as their Season 2 winner.

But... they probably still will. You watch, he'll be the long range rifle expert that they bring back to coach...

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    What I don't get is why didn't Jay and/or Jamie have the balls to call out George...?

At the Elimination Range, one of them could have said "George, if you want us gone, why don't have the balls to do it yourself?" and then shoot George's target. Maybe some of the others would have said "hey, that's a good point..."
    My thoughts exactly. While Jay and Jamie were still there they could have shot his target along with one more guy from the blue team and put him on the line.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Well after Jamie got beat last week my only hope was a stray shot would knock down an air plane and it would land on the Gang of Four and Colby. (I don't think Colby can say anything other than, "Bring it on in!" How does he talk with his teeth clenched?) I think what George did was very noble and I respect him for that. But how could Chris have any integrity letting George throw it to him? A real man would have blown his shot too and not been the receiver of such an act of charity. Chris was getting his a** kicked and should have been eliminated. I would feel shame and not pride if I had to be propped up like that. Having said that, I rooted for him against gunny. Gunny showed what a pimp he was by not voting for the worst shooter a couple weeks ago. (It was funny when George said he could hear Colby say, "George missed the ball again" in the first challange. Go Colby)

Top Bottom