• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    There are a couple of things that I never see mentioned in threads like this. My Podiatrist intoduced ne to this after some minor surgery on my big toe. Instead of using Antibiotic ointment when I changed my dressing he had me get PROVIDINE which is an Iodine preperation. Says you don't have to worry about bactrial resitance. And I think it is more stable and lasts longer that antibiotic ointments. Also Ive heard that oil of clove works great as a topical anesthetic. Iodine is a great germ killer. that stuff they put all over you before sugery is call betadine which is also is in the Iodine family.

mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed
    Whatever you store, pick up a copy of "the nurses drug guide". Lists all meds, indications (uses for the meds), side effects, contraindications (dont take this if..), Doses, and so on. And if you can, learn basic life support(BLS) :twocents:

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Years ago I used colloidal silver and I did not turn blue. Of course I bought mine at the local health food store instead of making it myself and I did not consume large quantities of it. I had purchased it for a sick cat & tried it myself to make sure it wouldn't harm the cat.

The concept behind colloidal silver is good but I think how useful it is, is hard to prove at least for myself. I think they have silver based filtration systems in places in Canada but I have never researched them.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    There are a couple of things that I never see mentioned in threads like this. My Podiatrist intoduced ne to this after some minor surgery on my big toe. Instead of using Antibiotic ointment when I changed my dressing he had me get PROVIDINE which is an Iodine preperation. Says you don't have to worry about bactrial resitance. And I think it is more stable and lasts longer that antibiotic ointments. Also Ive heard that oil of clove works great as a topical anesthetic. Iodine is a great germ killer. that stuff they put all over you before sugery is call betadine which is also is in the Iodine family.

I can vouch for oil of clove. I was given a gel substance after oral surgery with the main ingredient being clove. The other ingredients were largely inactive. For me, it was MUCH more soothing topically than the narcotic I was given for pain. In fact, I only took 1 dose of the narcotic because all they do for me is put me to sleep. With the clove, my mouth was relatively pain free and I was still able to do normal activities and I wasn't under the influence of such powerful medication.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Your best "survival" antibiotics will always be the sulpha based compounds. Care does need to be taken as a rare group of people are allergic to sulpha compounds.

I had a bad reaction to sulpha. Horrible, bright red rash from mid-thigh down. Worst itching I have ever experienced. Doc said it could have been worse, could have been from waist down. I asked what would happen if I take it again someday and he said, oh it'll probably just kill you.

PAMom

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    I had a bad reaction to sulpha. Horrible, bright red rash from mid-thigh down. Worst itching I have ever experienced. Doc said it could have been worse, could have been from waist down. I asked what would happen if I take it again someday and he said, oh it'll probably just kill you.

I hear ya! I am allergic to sulfa and penicillin. With PCN, I wound up taking Prednisone for a month. Never want to go through that again. I had the itchy rash all over and painful, swollen joints.

PAMom

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    I use natural citrus bioflavonoids 2X 1,000mg tablets every 4 hours or as needed for allergy symptoms. Quercetin is also good for allergies. I am allergic to a lot of things & bioflavonoids have freed me from regular use of prescription & OTC allergy meds. When my allergies are real bad I will sometimes take the bioflavonoids & OTC sinus cold & flu tabs.

Vitamin C: Natural Citrus Bioflavonoids 1000 mg

Thanks for the info. I have read about these options, but never talked to anyone who used them personally. Quercetin - I do eat an apple every day - how many would I have to eat?:D

jcmoran803

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2012
    indiana
    1. Definitely allergy meds. An epi pen if someone can get their hands on one (since its an rx). Just be sure you know how to use and the side effects of epi pens.
    2. Broad spectrum antibiotics.
    3. OTC pain meds (i would have aspirin, acetaminophen and an anti-inflammatory like Motrin, Aleve, etc).
    4. Anti-diarrhea medicine (since a side effect of antibiotics is diarrhea).
    5. Heartburn meds.
    6. Asthma inhaler (if anyone is asthmatic, i would have an extra one of these)
    7. Ammonia inhalant (if someone blacks out. i bought mine off ebay).
    8. Electrolyte replacement tabs (again off ebay).
    9. I would have an extra months supply of any RX meds you currently take (synthroid, heart meds, etc). I've been told most doctors will write the script if you explain its for a BOB/emergency supply.

I'm sure there's several other things i'm not thinking of right now. Some good advice might be to stock up on what you use now, and rotate your stock. Replace what you use and keep an eye on the expiration date. I wouldn't buy liquid meds or geltabs (because geltabs stick together when in a hot environment).

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    1. Definitely allergy meds. An epi pen if someone can get their hands on one (since its an rx). Just be sure you know how to use and the side effects of epi pens.
    2. Broad spectrum antibiotics.
    3. OTC pain meds (i would have aspirin, acetaminophen and an anti-inflammatory like Motrin, Aleve, etc).
    4. Anti-diarrhea medicine (since a side effect of antibiotics is diarrhea).
    5. Heartburn meds.
    6. Asthma inhaler (if anyone is asthmatic, i would have an extra one of these)
    7. Ammonia inhalant (if someone blacks out. i bought mine off ebay).
    8. Electrolyte replacement tabs (again off ebay).
    9. I would have an extra months supply of any RX meds you currently take (synthroid, heart meds, etc). I've been told most doctors will write the script if you explain its for a BOB/emergency supply.

I'm sure there's several other things i'm not thinking of right now. Some good advice might be to stock up on what you use now, and rotate your stock. Replace what you use and keep an eye on the expiration date. I wouldn't buy liquid meds or geltabs (because geltabs stick together when in a hot environment).
    ...and a side effect of diarrhea is dehydration....

ruger1800

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indiana
    See my earlier post. There is no restriction on importing prescription medications from overseas other than schedule drugs. You can't buy addictive mind altering pharmaceuticals.

Again: AllDayChemist - Prescription drugs, Generic medicines, online indian Pharmacy

If they have it for export it is legal for you to order and receive it. It might get delayed in transit especially when it hits customs but that is usually a minor delay. I purchase Vet. medications and they are cheaper than Walmart on a broad selection and shipping is less than the Vet visit charge.

How do you know these are the real deal, and not chinese fake.

ruger1800

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indiana

Not trying to be a smarta-- are the reviews fake, imported from, india these meds could easily come from china, what doctor in his right mind would let you get a precription filled here.
    Well known Pharmacies in the u.s. have even had problems with chinese fakes.
    Would be safer to buy livestock (vet)meds.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom