• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2010
    Hellinois
    Do you have any thoughts on the issue? :n00b:

The worst offenders, Davis, Lorcin and Raven Arms, have all been sued into bankruptcy as far as I know. As well they should be.

Whole pile of garbage right there. Somehow it is the gun makers fault they are used in crimes. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Just like McDonalds made ME fat. Not the other way around. I should sue them while I am at it..........

I don't believe he meant sued because they were used in crimes. But sued people of how absolutely crappy their quality was. People who bought these and got nothing but failures likely sued.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    8. Bryco Arms 9mm semiautomatic Worse than a brass knuckle used by a no-armed retarded man, these ill-fitted pieces of crap were stretching the truth when they were marketed as actual "firearms".

Poor no-armed retarded man. Someone get him a better gun!

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    The Davis.380 deserves to be the bottom of any list.

We'll this is mine...:D

benelli_1.jpg

I gotta ask, perfect for what? Last time you pulled the trigger on that, what were you using it for?:dunno:

"I'm not really kick'n YOU English Bob...." I'm ask'n for all the kids out there getting talked and hyped in to total bull crap... I'm rude to you because it's what I WANTED to say to my nephew and didn't want to hurt his young delicate feelings after all day of shooting clay pigeons at my place with quality shotguns and asking me at least 40 times what I thought he should buy.

Then he get's to Mr. Goofy's gun counter at Dick's and 24 hour, 7 days total awareness guy in line behing him and buy's a POS Mossberg. A year of "What do you think?" later he has something just like that thing laying on the floor under his bed at home in a house with the rest of the family, 13-14 year old kids running in and out, staying the night, two parents there all the time and he's got that POS under the bed, full magazine and one in the chamber "ready for SHTF". He's may be all of 19 at the time.

That's real useful there "nephew". Could you hit a sparrow sitting on an egg 10 feet away with it? Looks like you just about spent enough money on that "bargain" to buy a Remington trap gun. Last time I talked to him he's traded it off like baseball cards and "just about got what I paid for it".

This is a perfect shotgun.
    aRem118720.jpg

Remington 1187 trap, trap, skeet, sporting clays, quail, duck, rabbits.

In that picture it's set up for coming turkey season with a smooth bore slug barrel and rem choke system with turkey full tube in it. Rifle sights to put the pattern dead on, short barrel to move around in a blind, semi auto to smooth out the recoil of heavy turkey loads and the plastic camo stock set looks good in the woods and keeps the fancy trap wood looking fancy.

You can hunt and kill every thing on the north american continent with that AND KILL IT no matter if it flys, crawls, runs or sneaks in your house at night. If you use something then you are familiar and competent with it. Last time I pulled the trigger on that was a week ago pattering turkey loads out of it. Before that it blasting a chipmunk making a run for it from the garage to the woods, before that it was trying out the cylinder bore tube with slugs, before that it was throwing clays on the range, before that is was squirrel hunting...

A "perfect" shotgun isn't one that sits in the corner or under a bed collecting dust and poking a few holes in paper once in a while.

A perfect shotgun is a Remington.

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Most likely the reason Mossberg is on the list is the lower cost and the fact that there were many sold with the pistol grip in lieu of a full stock which allows for easier concealment under a long coat. That and just the shear number of units manufactured along with the S&W handguns on the list.

As far as the perfect location of the safety on the Mossberg, I guess it just comes down to what you get used to, as the two I have had I never could get used to that location. I have refused to buy any Winchester due to the safety location. Give me a Remington, Ithaca, or SKB any day.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I dunno, guys. I call myself a Remington man, but I've had Mossburgs, and wouldn't get mad if one of you wanted to give me one. In any configuration. Till I stopped by the tactical shotgunner booth saturday I really didn't grasp what all could be done these days to turn "ol faithful" into a real tactical weapon. But on the other hand, I guess I always thougt it was weapon enough right out of the box....

Greenmonsta79

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Clay County, IN
    Mossberg 500 CRAPPY????? what kool-aid is this guy drinking? He probably paid too much for his Benelli and is upset it does not shoot any better than the good old rugged 500! :D

a.bentonab

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Evansville
    The info in the article is actually 10 years old. I believe many of the companies that produce the guns in the original list are now defunct?

Everything I've seen/heard has been to the effect that the 500 is a quality weapon.

I believe a more up to date list would include gulns such as a few jennings, jimenez, and of course, hi point.

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    I just shot one of those guns that were on the list. Fortunately all I killed was zombies... Raven MP-25. At least 1 of 10 rounds is a fte or double feed. It is fun to shoot though, almost no recoil... Too bad 100 rounds surpasses the value of the gun...

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    The info in the article is actually 10 years old. I believe many of the companies that produce the guns in the original list are now defunct?

Everything I've seen/heard has been to the effect that the 500 is a quality weapon.

I believe a more up to date list would include gulns such as a few jennings, jimenez, and of course, hi point.

I thought this was the case but I didn't have anything to back it up.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Mossberg

I bought mine new in 1992 at k Mart on the west side of Richmond. The number of pigeons, starlings and sparrow that this gun has killed is probably over 10,000. It has killed many other varmits around the farm. I don't get it out often these days but it was worth the $129.00 I paid for it.

Many people scoff at the gun, but I pay them no mind. There are work horses and show horses and this thing is a work horse.

Mossberg a crappy shotgun???

I only want to point out that I have my first shotgun I ever bought new in 1976. Guess what? My Mossberg has killed literaly dozens of deer and a mountain of rabbits and never has let me down. I paid $99 for it at Service Merchandise in Terre Haute.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Do you have any thoughts on the issue? :n00b:

Somehow it is the gun makers fault they are used in crimes. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Just like McDonalds made ME fat. Not the other way around. I should sue them while I am at it..........

BTW...McD's has already been sued over making two (2) people fat about 5-6 years ago...the judge threw the case out stating that the individual is responsible for what they choose to eat....not McD's for 'making them fat.' :twocents:

My Mossberg 500 in 20 GA was a gift from my father when I was 16 (28 years ago) and it's now my dedicated deer gun. With a 24" rifled barrel and scope, it's deadly to 125+ yards (just ask the deer...whoa, he's dead, sorry) and has never misfired nor jammed, ever! It's a great shotgun!!! :yesway:

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    5. Mossberg 12 gauge shotgun The cheapest 12-guage on the market, designed for people who cannot afford a real shotgun. Not even close to being considered a "fighting" shotgun. No offense to Mossberg, but there is a reason that these Wal-Mart grade firepoles are given away at Ducks Unlimited as door prizes. Most do (and should) end up being traded up at gun shops for real shotguns.

I also disagreee with the Mossberg comments. For the price the 500 is a very solid shotgun, with plenty of aftermarket following to fix whatever you don't like about it.

There are plenty of better shotguns on the market, but I will stick by my mossy :)

Spanky46151

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Martinsville
    I believe this list contains the most popular, least protected guns. If a guy buys a gun for $50, he may tend not to care if he leaves it under the seat in his car overnight (where I'd guess most guns are stolen from). Also, folks buying the cheaper guns maybe new or not even of our "gun culture" where we teach & preach firearm safety and responsibility.

Dawall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Lake County
    Lets not forget that the mossberg 500 and the 590 has been guarding our US embassies throughout the world and protected our military and law enforcement for many of years and being very successful doing it.

Top Bottom