GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I guess it comes down to when you believe a human life begins and how sacred you hold the most innocent of lives.

He should rephrase that bill. He ought to take out that part -- "....for human consumption...". Killing innocent human life for any purpose, short of protecting another, should not be condoned...period.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I guess it comes down to when you believe a human life begins and how sacred you hold the most innocent of lives.

He should rephrase that bill. He ought to take out that part -- "....for human consumption...". Killing innocent human life for any purpose, short of protecting another, should not be condoned...period.

They are not related. You cannot get these from fetuses. Lawmaker is ignorant of what he is trying to outlaw...funny how that seems to be a common occurrence. Where do these dumb***es come from?

I'm opposed to abortion. Can embryonic stem cell lines come from aborted fetuses?

No. Cells with the potential to form embryonic stem cells in a lab dish only exist in these very young, four to five day old blastocysts. They are a fleeting cell type that disappears after that point in time. A common misconception is that the cells can come from older embryos or from aborted fetuses, which is in fact not possible.

Myths and Misconceptions About Stem Cell Research | California Institute for Regenerative Medicine

TMU317

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Indy
    They are not related. You cannot get these from fetuses. Lawmaker is ignorant of what he is trying to outlaw...funny how that seems to be a common occurrence. Where do these dumb***es come from?

I'm opposed to abortion. Can embryonic stem cell lines come from aborted fetuses?

No. Cells with the potential to form embryonic stem cells in a lab dish only exist in these very young, four to five day old blastocysts. They are a fleeting cell type that disappears after that point in time. A common misconception is that the cells can come from older embryos or from aborted fetuses, which is in fact not possible.

Myths and Misconceptions About Stem Cell Research | California Institute for Regenerative Medicine

If you believe life begins at conception, then destroying a four to five day old blastocyst in order to harvest embryonic stem cells is murder.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    If you believe life begins at conception, then destroying a four to five day old blastocyst in order to harvest embryonic stem cells is murder.

Thank you...my point, exactly.

Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness applies to everybody...not just those outside the womb.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    How did this come about? What is the backstory on this proposal?

Anything for human consumption?

Does Oklahoma define shampoo as food? Medicines?

Was not aware that lampshades from human skin was a concern in Oklahoma.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Just as long as the next ad campaign is not called Mountain Dew Conception. :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nixR6wVa4HY&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

I seriously doubt that these stem cells are being "harvested" from anything in utero. More likely it is all done in labs with donated eggs and sperm. I personally don't consider that "Conception".

Last edited:

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I seriously doubt that these stem cells are being "harvested" from anything in utero. More likely it is all done in labs with donated eggs and sperm. I personally don't consider that "Conception".

If doing such harvesting is wrong, then most of those people you go to church with who have fraternal twins from artificial insemination treatments likely have some frozen or discarded "children" from the process. I'm not arguing for laws one way or the other...but I'll tell you that after 12 years of marriage & no kids, my wife & I have chosen to adopt, rather than wasting tens of thousands of dollars & entering into morally questionable territories. We'll officially have a 13 year old son two weeks from now.

Top Bottom