• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    If doing such harvesting is wrong, then most of those people you go to church with who have fraternal twins from artificial insemination treatments likely have some frozen or discarded "children" from the process. I'm not arguing for laws one way or the other...but I'll tell you that after 12 years of marriage & no kids, my wife & I have chosen to adopt, rather than wasting tens of thousands of dollars & entering into morally questionable territories. We'll officially have a 13 year old son two weeks from now.

You have my respect and hearty Congratulations! Adoption is, in my view, a very noble action. My two closest cousins were adopted, one of my best friends (a member here BTW) has adopted children and continues to foster. It is an act of giving that knows very few equals.

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    You have my respect and hearty Congratulations! Adoption is, in my view, a very noble action. My two closest cousins were adopted, one of my best friends (a member here BTW) has adopted children and continues to foster. It is an act of giving that knows very few equals.

Thank you. In addition to our 13 year old boy, we're currently fostering a 14 & 10 year old girl. Contrary to popular beliefs, it's really quite easy & feels perfectly natural to us. The older kids who are bouncing around the foster system really just want a family to belong to which gives them security, structure, & a healthy direction for their future.

However, rather than seeking accolades, I'm trying to point out the hypocrisy of many "life begins at conception" folks. I actually know a few couples who are adamant in their Right to Life support, yet who underwent multiple-egg fertilization treatments. Whenever they start talking about abortion, my right eye starts twitching.

I just want to make sure we don't get any of the "Oh look at the pretty baby who isn't still stuck in a freezer like his brothers & sisters!", logically-disconnected folks spouting "life begins at conception!" in this thread, w/out making them face the likelihood that artificial insemination kills more, by their definition, "children" than traditional abortions. That's not even to mention all of the couples who know they're not properly-fertile, futilely attempting time & time again to have babies (assisted or not), with those attempts ending in multiple miscarriages. It's gray-area for sure, but I have very little respect for such blatant selfishness. :twocents:

Spikedog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Lafayette
    The reason for the law may be the new Chinese trend of eating fetuses in soup. As shocking as it it, I read this in the local Manila (Philippines) news a couple of weeks ago. Maybe, the lawmaker thought it may catch on here in the US?

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    The reason for the law may be the new Chinese trend of eating fetuses in soup. As shocking as it it, I read this in the local Manila (Philippines) news a couple of weeks ago. Maybe, the lawmaker thought it may catch on here in the US?

That's a horror movie directed by Fruit Chan. It probably got mistaken for reality by the tabloids in the Philippines. It's kind of like a version of our vampire myth. This woman is able to live forever and stay youthful if she keeps finding fetuses to eat. So she's always looking for miscarriages, unwanted teenage pregnancies, etc. So lots of blood. At the end, the authorities come for her, but she just quietly slips away, young as ever. I'd recommend the movie for a spooky night.

Now, the article about the law makes it quite clear that those behind it are concerned with stem cell research, and this law is a way for them to make a move against it. No eating fetuses involved.

Spikedog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Lafayette
    Now, the article about the law makes it quite clear that those behind it are concerned with stem cell research, and this law is a way for them to make a move against it. No eating fetuses involved.

OK, your right.

Top Bottom