• ...and so much more!
  • B-lou

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    Danville In
    After driving sprint cars for 20 years I can poke all kind of holes in the statement that Kevin Ward Sr issued. Saying that I agree with the previous posts about how much sadness and grief Mr Ward and his family must be feeling now, I just cannot imagine what it must be like....B-lou

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The funeral for Ward is tomorrow. How long do we wait before we start asking the parents if maybe they could have done a better job raising their boy? He's been racing under their supervision for 16 years, then jumps into moving traffic. Surely there is some culpability/guilt there, correct?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ward's father is speaking out:

https://time.com/3108522/tony-stewart-kevin-ward-father/

Kevin Ward?s father rips Tony Stewart for dirt-track accident that killed his son - NY Daily News
    Kevin Ward Jr.'s father speaks about deadly accident - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

"I think the reason he probably got out of that car is who put him into the wall. He was definitely put into the wall. Tony Stewart was the best damn driver by far on the track that night. Why he had to go up as high as he did and hog my son, there's no reason for it."

Kevin Ward talked about Stewart hitting his son on the track.

"Apparently, Tony Stewart was the only one driving out there who didn't see him," said Ward. "The one person that knows what happened that night is possibly facing 10 years in prison. Is he going to say what he done?"

Tony went into the turn hot off of a clean pas. He took the slide line that was his to take. Young hot head pushed himself out past the cushion. He was not even with TS. Ward did this all on his own. Kid was a hot head. All evidence pushes to that point.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    The funeral for Ward is tomorrow. How long do we wait before we start asking the parents if maybe they could have done a better job raising their boy? He's been racing under their supervision for 16 years, then jumps into moving traffic. Surely there is some culpability/guilt there, correct?

And I have to pay to get as much testosterone as that kid had.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    He had to have been inside the wheel base to be sucked under the right rear.
    It seemed to me he wanted to get to TS on a personal/physical level. That is only an opinion of course but if he was mad enough to run in traffic he was seriously mad.
    And over what? A completely NORMAL racing incident!
    a terrible decision!

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Having raced at some of the "Rougher" tracks in the state we have had a few dust ups in the pits. Even contact on the track never led to getting out and trying to get at another driver.
    This is not the actions of a "Great kid" or a sane thinking individual.
    I hope the media and the family just shuts up. Family needs to grieve. Revenge is not part of that process.
    Shouldn't be but unfortunately it is in many cases.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    And over what? A completely NORMAL racing incident!
    a terrible decision!

If I had gotten out of my car every time I got nerfed, punted or had a slide job put on me I would be dead too.
    I have lost a son but not this way. The pain is still in my heart. It will never fully go away. I understand the grief they feel. In the end lets hope that they see the reasons behind this tragedy.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I don't think so. Just a dumbass move from a hyped up kid? How is that the parents fault?

rabidsquirrel

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 29, 2014
    North Webster
    Just to play devil's advocate here, the slow motion video looks like the kid flipped off the front wheel and had his feet hanging off of the wing before being tossed over. Just an observation, I'm not condemning either way.

Yeah I have less than 50 posts, but I'm not going to be paranoid about posting my opinion. Or am I paranoid? Jeez I wish I could just hit the 50 post mark so I don't have to worry about it. Don't judge me INGO!

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    If I had gotten out of my car every time I got nerfed, punted or had a slide job put on me I would be dead too.
    I have lost a son but not this way. The pain is still in my heart. It will never fully go away. I understand the grief they feel. In the end lets hope that they see the reasons behind this tragedy.
    They will, but it will take time!

ps... Sorry for your loss!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Just to play devil's advocate here, the slow motion video looks like the kid flipped off the front wheel and had his feet hanging off of the wing before being tossed over. Just an observation, I'm not condemning either way.

Yeah I have less than 50 posts, but I'm not going to be paranoid about posting my opinion. Or am I paranoid? Jeez I wish I could just hit the 50 post mark so I don't have to worry about it. Don't judge me INGO!

That I do not agree with your opinion does not make you wrong or open to attack....well, unless you do it again.....:):

Just keep plugging away and stay off the one liners.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood

post away! The only ones we have problems with are obviously posting one liners to get to 50 ASAP.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I don't think so. Just a dumbass move from a hyped up kid? How is that the parents fault?

Because they trained him at this sport for 16 years. Dumbass move or not, we all fall back on our training.
    What are the odds the parent's have watched and allowed this behavior before? Maybe even specifically trained him to do it?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Because they trained him at this sport for 16 years. Dumbass move or not, we all fall back on our training.
    What are the odds the parent's have watched and allowed this behavior before? Maybe even specifically trained him to do it?

My thoughts as well. Every one said he was a gasser. Always going for the front.

Top Bottom