• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    I'm not going to argue with anyone. My story is on Fox 59 live feed, but I'll post a link once it is posted on their website. The lease agent was cought in a lie on video. She said that I can fly a flag, but it has to be inside my designated area (patio), which it was. She said it has always been that way. I have been flying my flag for over a year now, and nothing has been said to me. The new policy is no yard art, meaning, nothing in the yard, which does not include my patio and walkway. So, how was I in violation? Is that clear enough for the confused?

Thank you for getting back to the topic of the thread !

Heard you on wibc several times today and just saw the link, thanks

If you have to keep it in the space you rent then lets work on a traditional type pole with some heavy base to keep the wind from blowing it over, like 200lbs at the base should do it. And this would lead to no damage to anything ?

I may even be able to dig up a 8 to 10 foot 1 1/2 od pipe with a 1/8 wall ??? The base will be easy

Just a thunk

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Thank you for getting back to the topic of the thread !

Heard you on wibc several times today and just saw the link, thanks

If you have to keep it in the space you rent then lets work on a traditional type pole with some heavy base to keep the wind from blowing it over, like 200lbs at the base should do it. And this would lead to no damage to anything ?

I may even be able to dig up a 8 to 10 foot 1 1/2 od pipe with a 1/8 wall ??? The base will be easy

Just a thunk

I plan on driving PVC pipe into the ground. Find some with close to the same ID as the poles OD. I figure that should hold it up pretty well. If they would have just told me it could not be attached to the fence around my patio, I would have not had an issue with it.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I plan on driving PVC pipe into the ground. Find some with close to the same ID as the poles OD. I figure that should hold it up pretty well. If they would have just told me it could not be attached to the fence around my patio, I would have not had an issue with it.

funny how they didn't mention that until Fox59 investigated.

Good job getting on their arse and not taking it.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I want to personally thank all of you for your support. I wish I could shake all of your hands. As I told Fox 59. I don't want money, and I don't want fame. Many Men and Women gave their lives to protect and defend our flag. I dedicate this to all of them. They are what makes this country great. I'm thankful that I had the opportunity to serve our Nation. Something I will always cherish. To those that did not serve, you are still patriots, and I have much respect for you as well. Thank you all very much.

Just to share a little story about tonight. Vert, his wife, and I went to Big Woods Pizza after our day of pistol training. They where having a block party of sorts in the alley by Big Woods. You bought tickets, which where used in exchange for beer and food. Vert went to get mine. The lady at the beer stand asked me if I was a Veteran, then asked Vert if I was. She says, take your tickets back, it's on us. I can not express what such a simple gesture meant to me. Then I come home and see my Facebook page just exploding with support. Also that Fox news covered my story. Words can not express how I feel. I never thought it would get this big.

Despite those that tell me I'm stupid, and ask why I did it. For every one of them, I have 30 standing by me. That means so much to me. It gives me hope that we still have a chance to get back to being the Nation we once where. Where people had back bone and where willing to back up what they say and did. Where you did not have to worry about being politically correct. Again, thank you all!

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    If its my property and I'm renting it out, I have a say in what is attached to it. You can hang whatever the **** you want off of your house.

That certainly wasn't my point, but you already knew that.

I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of the many positions that you've taken.

jghelton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    May 12, 2010
    logansport IN
    brought tears to my eyes .......it dissapoints me how many people are just not aware of what was given up to be free . USPATRIOT , you have done well by your fallen and standing comrads

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I want to personally thank all of you for your support. I wish I could shake all of your hands. As I told Fox 59. I don't want money, and I don't want fame. Many Men and Women gave their lives to protect and defend our flag. I dedicate this to all of them. They are what makes this country great. I'm thankful that I had the opportunity to serve our Nation. Something I will always cherish. To those that did not serve, you are still patriots, and I have much respect for you as well. Thank you all very much.

Just to share a little story about tonight. Vert, his wife, and I went to Big Woods Pizza after our day of pistol training. They where having a block party of sorts in the alley by Big Woods. You bought tickets, which where used in exchange for beer and food. Vert went to get mine. The lady at the beer stand asked me if I was a Veteran, then asked Vert if I was. She says, take your tickets back, it's on us. I can not express what such a simple gesture meant to me. Then I come home and see my Facebook page just exploding with support. Also that Fox news covered my story. Words can not express how I feel. I never thought it would get this big.

Despite those that tell me I'm stupid, and ask why I did it. For every one of them, I have 30 standing by me. That means so much to me. It gives me hope that we still have a chance to get back to being the Nation we once where. Where people had back bone and where willing to back up what they say and did. Where you did not have to worry about being politically correct. Again, thank you all!

God Bless You, & Thank You for your continuing service to our Freedom! An exceptional example of an American!

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    That certainly wasn't my point, but you already knew that.

I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of the many positions that you've taken.

There is nothing hypocritical about my position.

I support less laws and for citizens to use courts for redress when other citizens have violated them. In the instance of the OP's landlord, I have asked for no law banning his ability to fly a flag. It's strictly between him and the landlord. I have not said that anyone does not have the right to sue. I have said that I would take actions to limit liabilities in law suits. I would like to think most of us do that every day when we drive our cars or various other actions. Nowhere have I said that people don't have the right to sue me. Sure, I could go out side and just shoot my gun into the air. By not doing so, I don't give others the ability to sue me if one of my bullets should do damage to them or their property.

There are multiple building codes and regulations landlords must comply with in order to rent out properties. A smart landlord doesn't need them to be law to see that compliance will prevent him from being sued into the poor house.

Mrs Evilwrench

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    I added this to my FB page even thought there has been a (temporary?) reconciliation of sorts. I am so sorry for the pain this has caused you when you have already given so much to this country. I just moved out of an apartment and found their enforcement of lease rules to be arbitrary. I am so glad to be back in a house where we can make our own rules!!

And to those of you who chose this site to debate your own agendae regarding rentals and tenantship- Shame on you! That is not the issue at hand here and should be discussed elsewhere please.

Top Bottom